Law Far Leftists' BREATHE Act lol

Horse Style

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
There is an act that is going to be introduced, backed by Rashida Tlaib and Ayanna Pressley, that have some interesting (and very bold) provisions. The last quote below is a doozy

No text of the actual bill has yet been released, but the summary of the BREATHE Act lays out demands to create a “time-bound plan” to totally dismantle federal policing and incarceration and to divest funds from those entities on the state level.

So in addition to far-reaching, transformative demands on the federal level — the aforementioned plans to close all federal prisons, as well as youth detention and border detention centers, to eliminate federal policing agencies like ICE and to end the harshest policies like mandatory minimum sentencing and civil-asset forfeiture

The rest of the BREATHE Act is dedicated to reallocating funds saved from closed prisons and a greatly shrunken police force to community and social programs — to more equitable public housing, Medicaid expansion, and pilot programs for universal basic income and universal child care, paid for in part through federal grants.

And this is the KO punch here:

And it would grant all formerly incarcerated people the right to vote in federal elections, with currently incarcerated and undocumented people getting the right to vote in local and state jurisdictions.

<36>

Full Article: What is the BREATHE Act and would it defund the police?

But but bUt tRuMpPppPp!!

hqdefault.jpg

If you don't agree with their BLM bill then you're a racist.

so if you end incarceration, then every just gets let go? and if you commit a crime in the future are you just scolded?

De-institutionalization was the worst thing that ever happened to mental health patients and prisoners. We tried this premise in the 1970's and 1980's by releasing them into community care. Without adequate resources and qualified staff support the process, crime and drug use skyrocketed. They had to beef up policing to regain control of the situation, and put guys back into institutions again.

We're just repeating the cycle.

Can they start with the ATF first? I figure with no one to enforce it that would mean the NFA goes bye bye and I can get my quiet attachment for pew pews?

@Falsedawn

Does anyone think this will actually become law?

I'm surprised no one commented on the part that says it will allow undocumented immigrants to vote
I stopped reading at dismantling incarceration.

What exactly do you think is going to happen with career criminals? They will just become nice guys when there is no jail to send them to? No cops to stop them?

No, what will happen is warlords controlling their own private fiefdoms and murder and destruction on a war zone scale.

Does anyone think this will actually become law?
No, but it exposes the intentions of the Far Left. When people used to say the Left want to bring illegals here so they can vote Democrat, other people would brush them off as talking crazy.

And now we have 2 of "The Squad" supporting an act that will allow just that

Sounds about as thought out and efficient as the green new deal.....

Back