Official Far Cry 6 Discussion

Update re: financials, backend for ma dawgs:

Bigger picture:

I really need to get a Series X already. I need to finish Cyberpunk before this comes out.

giphy.gif

let me guess your liberating another country from a dictator. They're using the damn stupid ass guns from the last 3 game, using the same stupid ass quest and side quests, your climbing towers or something similar?
Ya, i don't know why people act like this game is gonna be amazing or looks amazing, call me when they make a real far cry game that isn't about liberating god damn people...and it goes back to the Far cry 1 roots.

let me guess your liberating another country from a dictator. They're using the damn stupid ass guns from the last 3 game, using the same stupid ass quest and side quests, your climbing towers or something similar?
Ya, i don't know why people act like this game is gonna be amazing or looks amazing, call me when they make a real far cry game that isn't about liberating god damn people...and it goes back to the Far cry 1 roots.
Lol, pretty much why Ive not played properly after 3. But Im interested in this one because I like the actor theyve chosen for the bad guy. I expect we'll see maybe 25-35 minutes of him in game though like usual.

Just watched the FC6 presentation thing. That was underwhelming as hell. The game looks like an early previous gen game, the facial animations are terrible, Id say all the third person animations were wack. Someone wanted everything to be wooden. I like the artstyle, but wow, MGSV looks better than this and that was a cross gen game of a previous gen game.

Id say AC unity looks better than this game, and that was a '14 game. What happened?

I did like some of the first person bits shown, which look great and are animated great but its a skip from me I think [unless the game is actually really great to you guys].

Just watched the FC6 presentation thing. That was underwhelming as hell. The game looks like an early previous gen game, the facial animations are terrible, Id say all the third person animations were wack. Someone wanted everything to be wooden. I like the artstyle, but wow, MGSV looks better than this and that was a cross gen game of a previous gen game.

Id say AC unity looks better than this game, and that was a '14 game. What happened?

I did like some of the first person bits shown, which look great and are animated great but its a skip from me I think [unless the game is actually really great to you guys].

It is a previous gen game, it was made for the PS4 and Xbox. Its probably the same engine as 5 which shouldn't be a problem because I thought it looked good enough. Don't expect next gen graphics until they focus on next gen hardware. Maybe with 7

It is a previous gen game, it was made for the PS4 and Xbox. Its probably the same engine as 5 which shouldn't be a problem because I thought it looked good enough. Don't expect next gen graphics until they focus on next gen hardware. Maybe with 7
I remember ubisoft used to push for nextgen gfx. Guess mediocrity is what they strive for in all aspects now.

This looks like fun and not the slog FC5 was. I was so bored in that. I'm liking the crazy weapons and there being an actual city. With Gus in it, I'm sure he'll be a likable villain. I just hope he has a large role

Hopefully the story is strong is strong and not weighed down wit a bunch of filler quests. Female protag is cute too, while looking like a badass. Like most western devs, Ubi has constantly been putting out games with hideous and or butchy female characters.

I remember ubisoft used to push for nextgen gfx. Guess mediocrity is what they strive for in all aspects now.
They're self-defeatingly cheap, Jo.

From everything I've now watched, I agree with Gteh that this looks like mindless fun in the proud absence of any compass. Echoing Jo, the facial/takedown animations are lacking; these being mediocre by last-gen standards, I'd say, but rather carried re: immersion by good texturing.

World looks very, very nice – a Ubi staple, no doubt. The cars seem memorably classy too but I would expect nothing less from a fictional island modelled after Cuba, whose upkeep of pre-embargo vintage imports from the USA is well-known. I also like the lighting of cigars to cauterise wounds, I believe.

I love female Dani for protag (why can't Aloy look like this?!) versus phoned-in male Dani, a parallel to what I remember from Odyssey char select. Other plusses for me are the pet crocodile addition as well as an artillery pack that looks fun in a Just Cause vein, especially in welcoming reinforcements to the party.

Because Ubi always overprices their titles to include scant little-ROI editions ballooning to 110€, I'm not paying a euro over 45€ for this because AA pricing is what I think it's worth.

I suggest you don't play a Far Cry game then. It's the games formula. This is like bitching about there being hockey in an NHL game. It's just what it is. I think the formula is great. There is a little bit of leveling up, but it's not too deep. I find games like the Witcher or Cyberpunk to be boring as fuck. I dig the mindless fun.

Back