Far Cry 5

Why didnt you play Far Cry 3 or 4?
Those games were dope
Will buy this and hope for the best but the series peaked with 3 and then did nothing knew with 4 so I got lowered expectations for this one

im gonna get it as soon as it comes out, i really like the setting and the story, i hope its a good one and has improved gameplay

Loved 3 and Blood Dragon was fun. Wasn't a fan of 4.
5 looks interesting though. I'll probably pick it up.

Pre-ordered the game with the season pass so I can get all of those DLCs they announced... and FC3 remastered for free.

I'll definitely be buying day one with the season pass all three dlc they announced looks interesting all three are different from each other.

I really liked Far Cry 3, it was kind of the "Skyrim of first person shooters" when it came out. Blood Dragon was great, too. But they overused the whole tower formula with FC4 and Primal.

I'm hoping they switch that up in this latest one.

Seems like another "throw-away" Far Cry, just like Far Cry 4. It'll come and go with zero impact. I'm calling it: 75 max on Metacritic.

Nah, they already confirmed there are no towers what-so-ever and that you must reveal the map by actually exploring it yourself.

29.99 status

I'd honestly recommend you play Far Cry 3 it's in my top 5 of all time games. The story, Vaas, Citra it was all awesome the game play and the missions were great. Setting fire to a weed farm with a flamethrower while skrillex blasts was awesome and I don't even like Skrillex. It was the best game they've ever made.

Far Cry 4 tried to recapture that but it wasn't the same I couldn't get into it like I did Far Cry 3. I'll play Far Cry 5 but I'm yet to be convinced it can be as gripping as Far Cry 3 was.

4 was free with plus so I got it. I heard primal was amazing.

Which Far Cry 5 Arcade games did you play/enjoy? Only started at it today and I played the Waterworld, Mad Max and AC: Black Flag maps.

there are maps for Inception, South Park, Die Hard and Game of Thrones.

Which Far Cry 5 Arcade games did you play/enjoy? Only started at it today and I played the Waterworld, Mad Max and AC: Black Flag maps.

Sounds cool.

But I got to the ending and it pissed me off so much after all those fucking automatic dream and drug and we are taking all your weapons shit that I rage quit, deleted and they can suck dick for the series unless I read that Far Cry 6 has no drug, dream and weird ass shit.

And I watched A Fistful Of Dollars yesterday with my kid and it has ONE scene like that and it’s a masterpiece (based on Yojimbo). And Red Dead 2 does this shit twice and it means something but not a dozen times.

Play some Yakuza with classic Sega games, start with Yakuza 6.

The arcade games are worth the price of admission.

Without even going into how awesome the rest is.

Last edited:
Sounds cool.

But I got to the ending and it pissed me off so much after all those fucking automatic dream and drug and we are taking all your weapons shit that I rage quit, deleted and they can suck dick for the series unless I read that Far Cry 6 has no drug, dream and weird ass shit.

And I watched A Fistful Of Dollars yesterday with my kid and it has ONE scene like that and it’s a masterpiece (based on Yojimbo). And Red Dead 2 does this shit twice and it means something but not a dozen times.

Play some Yakuza with classic Sega games, start with Yakuza 6.

The arcade games are worth the price of admission.

Without even going into how awesome the rest is.

Are you drunk already?

Just got done with Faith. Holy shit anything to do with her or bliss just sucks. The one north is all that remains and I have already liberated most of that area. Hopefully there are fun things to do after the main story.
I remember post-main quest line being fairly sparse; basically you could complete minor objectives, collect stuff you missed or reset the outposts, but continued gameplay takes a sharp nosedive once the story is complete. Perhaps the subsequent updates made things a little more fun afterwards, but I remember being one-and-done with this game.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but replayability didn't seem all that great from what I remember.

My brother got me this game + season pass for christmas

I played Far Cry 3 and loved it, skipped Far Cry 4 and played Far Cry Primal and also loved that havent beaten it yet though

Just as I suspected another Ubisoft game massively underrated by tje internet horde

Campaign is huge, arcade mode is dope

This game def has the best graphics ive seen open world

Are the maps platform specific? I didnt see any of those on PC

Edit: indeed they are

Another reason im done with pc gaming after this gen.

Theres just too many advantages to being on console where the bigger player populations are than being on PC with whooptie doo better graphics but the comunity is dead...

Last edited:
Just as I suspected another Ubisoft game massively underrated by tje internet horde

Campaign is huge, arcade mode is dope

This game def has the best graphics ive seen open world

The campaign is indeed huge, but it's bloated with way too much fluff. Each region is loaded with gates like "Destroy x amount of boats" and shit like that. The campaign story was fucking garbage as well, especially budget Koresh.

The gameplay from moment to moment, though? Awesome. Rarely do games make me play them hours a day. FC5 got it done when I couldn't get through 2 hours of Primal without uninstalling, and thought FC4 was boring as hell.

I reinstalled this then laughed and uninstalled as i hit an enemy with a shotgun blast only for the the first point blank shot to not actually register, then the second shot causing them to lie down gently on the floor like they'd just been asked politely to do so.

What a pile of shit.

Far cry 3 still the best far cry game(far cry 2 is close)

Nothing in the new games comes close to storytelling in which people missed a lot of things and vaas and also soundtrack

Enjoying this a lot. I was kinda down on the game until I got the 45/70 but now I'm pretty happy. My big complaint is the UI and the map - It's difficult to know what the fuck's going on sometimes. I've taken out John so far and I thought he was a really great villain tbh. I actually kinda liked the guy. He had dat kind of bad boy charm and charisma that could probably get me into a cult irl. Now I'm moving onto Jacob's region

Enjoying this a lot. I was kinda down on the game until I got the 45/70 but now I'm pretty happy. My big complaint is the UI and the map - It's difficult to know what the fuck's going on sometimes. I've taken out John so far and I thought he was a really great villain tbh. I actually kinda liked the guy. He had dat kind of bad boy charm and charisma that could probably get me into a cult irl. Now I'm moving onto Jacob's region

Just make sure, next time you get caught, don't take Jacob's seed!!! The game changes a lot then. More simulation, too much.

I'm actually loving this game. It's way better than Far Cry 4. I hated having to climb all the stupid towers in Far Cry 4 in order to unlock regions so much that I ended up giving up on the game. In this one all you have to do is walk, drive, or fly by a place and the fast travel opens up. It makes for a much better fast paced game. No more running around and climbing for a freakin hour at a time to get to a destination and unlock fast travel. I bought a helicopter and I can just fly around opening fast travel points.

I've beaten John's area so far and I'm just starting Faiths. The story is amazing so far. Gunplay top notch and there is a ton of stuff to do. I might actually finish a game for once lol.

I'm actually loving this game. It's way better than Far Cry 4. I hated having to climb all the stupid towers in Far Cry 4 in order to unlock regions so much that I ended up giving up on the game. In this one all you have to do is walk, drive, or fly by a place and the fast travel opens up. It makes for a much better fast paced game. No more running around and climbing for a freakin hour at a time to get to a destination and unlock fast travel. I bought a helicopter and I can just fly around opening fast travel points.

I've beaten John's area so far and I'm just starting Faiths. The story is amazing so far. Gunplay top notch and there is a ton of stuff to do. I might actually finish a game for once lol.

John's story is good. Faith's story sucks ass, and Jacob's is forgettable. Overall the story is donkey balls.

So, after finally being unable to avoid seeing or reading anything about Far Cry: New Dawn, I have to admit it's made me miss rental stores. While I have no intention of ever owning the new game, I am curious to see in which direction they take the new story in. I'll likely end up watching a cut scene supercut on YouTube first.

Some dude made Pride Rock from the lion king in the mapmaker engine:

2aq416di52b31.jpg

Such a fun game and can see a zipline instalment coming topside, ha. ^

I competed on the community maps up until earlier this year but it was the same ragtag crew of us every single day and with no new blood coming in, it simply petered out month by month. Cool to see guys still innovating; during my time, I played alongside a map-maestro by tag of Atomic Rooster. Is that perchance who created this, Mick?

@Madmick

On the series, I reckon still 5 the most fun and New Dawn the prettiest – but 4 the best game. Hell, I liked the story even. Come at me. Still have yet to play 3 but I should get on that sooner rather than later; with such a celebrated antag, I want to see what the love is all about.

Wonder where 6 will take us...

Back