Fantasy MMA for money

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by axecutioner, Dec 30, 2014.

1. axecutioner

axecutioner Red Belt

I play fantasy football on draftkings and fanduel every week. Draftkings is offering fantasy MMA for money. This is the first time I've seen something like it. You guys should get in on it. I get the impression that they won't offer it again if there isn't enough participation. The format is simple. You're given a $50k budget to buy 5 fighters. The fighters score points based on the following scoring:

Moves Scoring

Significant Strikes (SS): +0.5 PTS
    Advance (ADVC): +1 PT
    Takedown (TD): +2 PTS
    Reversal/Sweep (REV): +2 PTS
    Knockdown (KD): +3 PTS
    Fight Conclusion Bonuses

1st Round Win (1rW+): +100 PTS
    2nd Round Win (2rW+): +70 PTS
    3rd Round Win (3rW+): +50 PTS
    4th Round Win (4rW+): +40 PTS
    5th Round Win (5rW+): +40 PTS
    Decision Win (WBD+) : +25 PTS

Your winnings are based on your ranking based on your total score. The contest I'm playing has a modest $27 buy in for a $50k guaranteed prize pool with a $10k first place prize.

This deals with real money and is 100% legal in most states. Good luck to all that's playing and please post any leads to other sites that offer legal fantasy MMA with cash prizes.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  2. NVMMAFan

NVMMAFan Yellow Belt

Kountermove has been doing Fantasy MMA for years now. Great group of people run it and they offer a variety of games from free rolls for $ up to $50 buy ins.

3. jandy90

jandy90 White Belt

I'm trying the free roll this week on DraftKings just to see how it goes. Who knows, maybe I win the $2.

4. FootstompShonie

FootstompShonie Silver Belt

Thanks for the heads up TS.

These sites never let you sign up if you're from Washington state though because of our retarded laws.

5. axecutioner

axecutioner Red Belt

There is a workaround to that. If you have someone that lives out of state that you trust, they could make the deposits and enter you into contests and you would still be allowed to adjust your lineups while in Washington.

6. axecutioner

axecutioner Red Belt

Btw. Whoever is doing the scoring for the site is retarded. They have 152 significant strikes scored for Dunham and only 25 for Cody Garbrandt.