Fantasy Baseball Money League 2023

MyOwnSummer12

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
The league will consist of 20 teams split into 4 divisions with a Head-to-Head format and 10X10 categories for scoring, exactly the same setup as the free Sherdog league you might have played in before.

I wanted it to have the feel of actually managing a real baseball team, so everything is pretty straight forward. You have your main lineup including a DH spot, Starting Pitchers, Relief Pitchers, and Bench Players. 23 players total with 2 DL spots.

This setup works extremely well and allows for team and draft flexibility. The design balances out the teams and allows for us to have meaningful divisions and rivalries, not to mention adding value to hot rookie call-ups and free agent players. There’s endless options on what direction you wish to take your team. The top three finishing teams will win the bulk of the cash with bonuses for players on your team that lead MLB in certain statistical categories.

Details:
  • $250 Yahoo League (Daily Moves)
  • Current Teams: 11 of 20
  • Live Draft: Wednesday March 29th @ 7:30pm CDT
  • Playoffs: Week 23, 24 and 25 (8 teams)
  • Live Snake Draft
  • Non-keeper League
Roster:
C
1B
2B
3B
SS
OF
OF
OF
Util

SP
SP
SP
SP
RP
RP
P
P
P

BN
BN
BN
BN
BN
DL
DL

Player Max: 23 active and 2 DL

Batter Stat Categories:
Runs (R)
Hits (H)
Home Runs (HR)
Runs Batted In (RBI)
Stolen Bases (SB)
Walks (BB)
Total Bases (TB)
Batting Average (AVG)
Slugging Percentage (SLG)
On-base + Slugging Percentage (OPS)

Pitchers Stat Categories:
Innings Pitched (IP)
Wins (W)
Complete Games (CG)
Shutouts (SHO)
Saves (SV)
Holds (HLD)
Strikeouts (K)
Earned Run Average (ERA)
Walks + Hits/Innings Pitched (WHIP)
Quality Starts (QS)

Other Settings:
Min Innings Pitched: 30/week
Max Moves: 80
Max Trades: No Max
Trade End Date: August 24th, 2023
Trade Review: League Votes

Cash Winnings Breakdown $250 Money League:
1st place: $2500
2nd place: $1250
3rd place: $625
Individual Players Bonuses: $62.50 ($625 total)

Bonus Categories:
Hitters: AVG, HR, RBI, RUNS, SB
Pitchers: WINS, SO, ERA, SV, QS or WHIP

*Minimum 502 plate appearances to qualify for AVG
*Minimum 162 innings pitched to qualify for ERA and WHIP

Link To Join:
https://baseball.fantasysports.yaho...a2c551116e8&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=d2acde9d87279e54

What if I buy the last 9 remaining teams and kick the shit out of everyone to take all of the prize money? Is this within the rules?

Like an Arizona election?

I don't nickel and dime. Actually I do, but my lower tier money leagues ($25, $50, $100) are mostly full. I think each has like 1 opening.

I'm in a full dynasty league with fifteen minor league players and contracts year to year; a three player keeper; and a regular redraft with people I know. If I picked up another baseball league it would have to be cheaper than $250.

I already spent $500 on a buy in for my big money football league (won that one, finished second in my dynasty and won $450 here on the Dawg), so I think I'm going to pass on this one.

If anyone has a cheaper league they're looking for people for, let me know.

Thanks for the invite though @MyOwnSummer12

I appreciate it.

I'm in a full dynasty league with fifteen minor league players and contracts year to year; a three player keeper; and a regular redraft with people I know. If I picked up another baseball league it would have to be cheaper than $250.

I already spent $500 on a buy in for my big money football league (won that one, finished second in my dynasty and won $450 here on the Dawg), so I think I'm going to pass on this one.

If anyone has a cheaper league they're looking for people for, let me know.

Thanks for the invite though @MyOwnSummer12

I appreciate it.
That's some big dog fantasy money! Congrats on winning those football leagues!

$250 a little steep for me. I’m more of a $100 guy lol

Okay, here's the lower tier money leagues. They all have the same setup as the $250 league in the original post, with the exception being the $50 league. That one will have an auction draft, all others are the traditional snake. Each league currently has (1) opening.

$25 League
https://baseball.fantasysports.yaho...5b00208d9ae&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=e2487fb527ba7c2d

$50 League (Auction Draft)
https://baseball.fantasysports.yaho...d94107945ac&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=270ace5c7819955a

$100 League
https://baseball.fantasysports.yaho...33e2adaf337&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=d00d715dad88d55a

Appreciate the offer bud. I’ll stick to the free 20 teamer for now. It is tempting though damn

Back