Fans need to get real (Jones)

Masterman15

White Belt
Reaction score
Some fans need to get real with this Jon Jones situation. Okay Cocaine is illegal, but from a sports perspective he's done nothing wrong what's so ever. He's young, rich and cool and with the weight on being a ufc champion on his shoulders there's no surprise he goes out and party's hard. Stop being haters and embrace the champ people.

And please don't say he's a role model. This is a sports where men knock each other into a bloody mess.

I actually like him more that I know he does coke, I can relate.

Some fans need to get real with this Jon Jones situation. Okay Cocaine is illegal, but from a sports perspective he's done nothing wrong what's so ever. He's young, rich and cool and with the weight on being a ufc champion on his shoulders there's no surprise he goes out and party's hard. Stop being haters and embrace the champ people.

If he molests young boys, are you alright with that? I mean, from a sports perspective he will have done nothing wrong! This is a sport where men roll around half naked.

I will support him more than ever. Fuck haters.

And please don't say he's a role model. This is a sports where men knock each other into a bloody mess.

This was even dumber than the first post. Why would a professional fighter not be able to be a role model just because he fights other willing opponents?

If he molests young boys, are you alright with that? I mean, from a sports perspective he will have done nothing wrong! This is a sport where men roll around half naked.

lol he's christian but he aint THAT christian

I will support him more than ever. Fuck haters.

When it comes to illegal activities it has little to do with haters and more to do with white knighting fanboys. The latter term is often overused but here it is very valid.

Lol at comparing illegal drugs to child molestation.

Ofcourse thats not the end of the world but Jones did one of the worst things that he can do himself...yeah he is very young rich and living the dream doing the wrong things is a huge possiblity he is so close whatever he wants to do but he truely did one of the worst things to himself his family and his career

The funniest thing about this is all the Jon Jones lovers desperately trying to defend him.

Have a balanced mind people and imagine how you'd react if the fighter involved wasn't the one you love.

And the winner of "Most Idiotic Point Attempted to Be Made Ever on Sherdog" goes to..........

Lol at comparing illegal drugs to child molestation.

He wasn't comparing them, he was exposing how stupid the other poster's reasoning was. There's a big difference.

If someone's logic doesn't hold up to being taken further then it's flawed. Flawed logic should always be avoided and should never be taken seriously.

The funniest thing about this is all the Jon Jones lovers desperately trying to defend him.

Have a balanced mind people and imagine how you'd react if the fighter involved wasn't the one you love.

I'd still be okay with it. I can't stand Nick Diaz at all and I think it was garbage what happened to him with weed. If the drugs aren't PEDs then they shouldn't matter. A young guy with money can't go out and party on his down time without getting accosted, but Cerrone can drink beer at press conferences like he's trying to brag to his junior high buddies that he's getting wasted? It's silly. The drug war is the most idiotic war America has ever been involved in.

He wasn't comparing them, he was exposing how stupid the other poster's reasoning was. There's a big difference.

If someone's logic doesn't hold up to being taken further then it's flawed. Flawed logic should always be avoided and should never be taken seriously.

Thank you! I am glad somebody here gets it.

I'd still be okay with it. I can't stand Nick Diaz at all and I think it was garbage what happened to him with weed. If the drugs aren't PEDs then they shouldn't matter. A young guy with money can't go out and party on his down time without getting accosted, but Cerrone can drink beer at press conferences like he's trying to brag to his junior high buddies that he's getting wasted? It's silly. The drug war is the most idiotic war America has ever been involved in.

Partying shouldn't involve doing illegal drugs, particularly if you're a professional sportsman who is going to be regularly drug tested.

I'm not anti drug and I know it's cool to have a 'whatever' attitude when it comes to them, but i'm sort of above saying things just to try and appear cool.

Doing coke is a victimless crime, assuming you do it by your own free will. Molesting a child that doesn't want to be molested is harmful to the child.

But yes the comparison of coke to combat sports is dumb but there is a difference when he tried taking it further

Partying shouldn't involve doing illegal drugs, particularly if you're a professional sportsman who is going to be regularly drug tested.

I'm not anti drug and I know it's cool to have a 'whatever' attitude when it comes to them, but i'm sort of above saying things just to try and appear cool.

Oh the irony

Back