Fans encouraging Dana to make the BMF belt more active.

GSP Rush

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, as I've said I do feel people are making too much of a big deal out of this, it's nothing and just something to give the fighters after the fight to say "I won the fight" and gloat with basically, think of it as a souvenir for whoever wins and that's it, it takes nothing away from the fight or UFC and will be forgotten about in no time unless of course we keep making a deal out of it.

BUT this is of course if it's a one off thing however I've seen fans on Dana's Instagram really giving the vibe of wanting to see this more which of course Dana is going to take on board and is likely we'll see it more if fans keep saying they want to see (it's a business so of course).

Here's one recently Dana replied to after loads of comments saying the same.

Dana-Instagram.jpg

Personally, as a one off thing I think it's fine, nothing to make a fuss over as again it will be forgotten about once the fight is over however if it is something they keep bringing up and fighting for then I can understand how people will feel differently about it.

Here's the original post if you want to have a look.

So if this belt happens to come in and we end up seeing it more, we can't really blame Dana White for this, it's the fans who keep saying "We want to see it Dana", if they're going to watch his events because of this then he's obviously going to do it which makes sense as a business.

Last edited:
I wonder if they would make that belt, if there would also be a monetary reward attached to it, or if it would just be another way to bait fighters into taking fights without actually paying them more.

I wonder if they would make that belt, if there would also be a monetary reward attached to it, or if it would just be another way to bait fighters into taking fights without actually paying them more.

Will it bait fighters though? It only would if they took it serious, probably Conor McGregor would be the only one who would really want to go for the belt to say "I'm the baddest mother fucker on the planet here" because he doesn't seem to take the sport seriously like he used to.

When you think about the majority of fighters in the division, I doubt many of them would be really interested in highly competing for the BMF title, there's not going to be a BMF division in the rankings or anything, I wouldn't think haha

They may as well make a GOAT belt, while they're at it!

No doubt after the fight, Conor will tweet something about how he's the baddest mother fucker in the UFC and he wants that title/acclaim but that's probably about it on a whole lol

Be interesting to see what Conor tweets after the Masvidal and Diaz fight but no doubt he will tweet something like that, will see lol

I was thinking something earlier today. Making it fan voted, would almost guarantee a big fight. But I guess the fighters would have to agree to the potential match ups before hand... which they should if they're the type of fighter in line for the BMF belt.

I actually think the UFC needs to institute something other than a belt that can be used for big fights that aren't title fights. Instead of creating shitting interim titles, just designate the fight a Superfight (or something), and the winner gets a trophy or a medal or something like that. Maybe even award something for every Top 5/10 match up. These can then be used in arguments for title shots etc. "Fighter X just won his 3rd Superfight medal, he's surely getting the next shot now." etc.

The UFC has approximately 3 million main events every year and needs ways to attract attention to the cards without belts. This is a way to do that, IMO.

Belts don't mean shit anymore in the UFC. I mean Nicco Montano was Champion. There have been lots of interim titles as well. New fantasy belts won't make a difference.

People will just vote Diaz Masvidal every year..

With this BMF nonsense don't be surprised when we see an Inter Gender belt next yr. This sport is becoming a joke.

Will it bait fighters though? It only would if they took it serious, probably Conor McGregor would be the only one who would really want to go for the belt to say "I'm the baddest mother fucker on the planet here" because he doesn't seem to take the sport seriously like he used to.

When you think about the majority of fighters in the division, I doubt many of them would be really interested in highly competing for the BMF title, there's not going to be a BMF division in the rankings or anything, I wouldn't think haha

I think every fighter wants to have that bragging right. Also, a belt is only really as meaningful as the lineage it has, and if it has a lineage of all fighters that most people would really consider bad mofos than that's a pretty meaningful belt. You can't forget that fighters are also largely in it for the glory.

They should also have a openweight belt

I was thinking something earlier today. Making it fan voted, would almost guarantee a big fight. But I guess the fighters would have to agree to the potential match ups before hand... which they should if they're the type of fighter in line for the BMF belt.

I actually think the UFC needs to institute something other than a belt that can be used for big fights that aren't title fights. Instead of creating shitting interim titles, just designate the fight a Superfight (or something), and the winner gets a trophy or a medal or something like that. Maybe even award something for every Top 5/10 match up. These can then be used in arguments for title shots etc. "Fighter X just won his 3rd Superfight medal, he's surely getting the next shot now." etc.

The UFC has approximately 3 million main events every year and needs ways to attract attention to the cards without belts. This is a way to do that, IMO.

A big money fight pay off would be good :)

People will just vote Diaz Masvidal every year..

Probably yeah lol

I think every fighter wants to have that bragging right. Also, a belt is only really as meaningful as the lineage it has, and if it has a lineage of all fighters that most people would really consider bad mofos than that's a pretty meaningful belt. You can't forget that fighters are also largely in it for the glory.

I know, it'll just be a thing for Masvidal or Nate to be like "look I got the BMF title Jorge so I'm the baddest mother fucker here and I have this to prove it that I kicked your ass" (and reminds Masvidal that he lost or vice versa based on the result).

Just the title and clicked on the video to be honest lol

lol, obviously haha

That which is linked at the bottom is because it's the post from where the comment is from Dana replied to, which is what this thread is about (fans encouraging this).

What even qualifies someone for the title? Willingness to sucker punch and engage in brawls outside of the cage?

Back