Media Fan calls out Paul Felder for ducking Islam Makhachev; Felder calls fan a clown

View attachment 855622

Who do you think Felder fights next?

Your thread title is (unintentionally) misleading - it reads like it's an Islam fan but it's actually a Fabia (or Diego) fan. His tweet talks about Fabia first and uses Islam as an example to attack.

If Paul refuses to fight someone else the same clown would have posted the same tweet but swapped Islam's name for whoever else he refused.

Felder is soon going to be out of top 15. God, this guy robbed Edson blind, and acting like he won after and rejecting the rematch he said he would, prob because he knew he lost, then he's turning down fights?

I always wonder what connections this guy has for landing a tv job.
He was going to school to be an actor. And he sucked. So now hes a bottom to mid teir ufc commentator.

Which one of you sons of bitches is responsible?

There should really be more fan vs mma fighter fights in mma..

Felder is in a different category. He's all but retired with 1, maybe 2, fights left. In this sport, you and I both know that fighters pick and choose fights in the best of times - trebly so for fighters on their last leg like Felder. He gets a pass.

He doesn't get a pass because it's "right" or "wrong", but because there is no right or wrong. This matchmaking shit is half art half science, and Dana keeps it that way for his own benefits, and fighters unfortunately have to live in that world.

The "OMG ducking Islam" threads have been made daily for a year now. Maybe they should all just end with the message here:

"...they decided Islam will smash everyone the UFC offers and this will force a title shot...."​

And I agree with them; Islam needs to stop whining and keep fighting whoever, 3-4x a year, and keep winning, and keep proving everyone wrong, and it'll eventually pay off. Like Oliveira did.

I'm guessing this is not the message that @Ackmed was trying to deliver in that thread lol but it's the message I heard! ;)

I deliver exactly what I type lol, in this case I was relaying DC's message. DC said Islam will smash whoever UFC gives him but nowhere did he say to stop complaining about the blatant ducking by ranked LWs...if you watch the video DC complains about this for quite a bit. DC personally threw Felder and RDA under the bus by naming them as two LWs who refused the fight.

To summarize, DC's attitude was smash whoever the UFC gives and call out the duckers in the meantime. I don't think it's fair to personally call Felder out because he proactively admitted to his ducking and why, giving Islam respect in the process.

how so? for a lack of better term, felder is super thick. Tree trunk legs. Its going to take a lot of energy keeping him on the floor. Oliveira doesn't normally look fatigued when he's on his back, but felder made him tired trying to keep him down and trying to submit him. Chandler was gassed with oliveira. I don't think felder is going to back away from the shots the way oliveira did. He's going to eat them like donuts and come forward. Guy has a great poker face that can break the will of many opponents.
Felder is strong tis true, but something tells me that if he fights Chandler, he is going to get wrestlefucked (where chandler has a distinct advantage) and lose some rounds like that. Gaethje will be a standup war though for sure. That's where I was coming from. I'm down for either match up though.

Felder is strong tis true, but something tells me that if he fights Chandler, he is going to get wrestlefucked (where chandler has a distinct advantage) and lose some rounds like that. Gaethje will be a standup war though for sure. That's where I was coming from. I'm down for either match up though.
In a three rounder, perhaps. Five rounder fight night, Chandler loses

DC said Islam will smash whoever UFC gives him but nowhere did he say to stop complaining about the blatant ducking by ranked LWs...

Indeed, that was my unnecessarily snarky editorial.

I deliver exactly what I type lol, in this case I was relaying DC's message. DC said Islam will smash whoever UFC gives him but nowhere did he say to stop complaining about the blatant ducking by ranked LWs...if you watch the video DC complains about this for quite a bit. DC personally threw Felder and RDA under the bus by naming them as two LWs who refused the fight.

To summarize, DC's attitude was smash whoever the UFC gives and call out the duckers in the meantime. I don't think it's fair to personally call Felder out because he proactively admitted to his ducking and why, giving Islam respect in the process.

A balanced post. Cheers.

Islam is a can crusher, look at his last 2 opponents:

Davi Ramos, a guy who went 0-1 in Bellator with a loss to journeyman Rickels and got CUT
Drew Dober, went 0-2 against Bellator fighters, he lost to Brooks and Girtz

And these 2 are in his top 5 best wins lol. Who's the best fighter he fought? Adriano Martins? Well that didn't go so well for him <45>

He had 2 options between Fiziev and Moises and of course he picked the easier fight. Now he wants to fight Tony on 3 fight losing streak
This such selective thinking. Dober lost to Brooks like 10 years ago on the regional scene. How is that relevant? Your also missing arguably his best win in Arman. Im guessing you're just trolling though to discredit Islam, because you're post is scrambled and doesn't have a clear point at all.

This such selective thinking. Dober lost to Brooks like 10 years ago on the regional scene. How is that relevant? Your also missing arguably his best win in Arman. Im guessing you're just trolling though to discredit Islam, because you're post is scrambled and doesn't have a clear point at all.
Moose is just trolling. He likes to take potshots at supposed ufc shills

fans are def trash but Paulie ducking Islam is not good.

Might be good for his health/fighting career, not for his reputation on the streets of the Dawg tho
eh, I don't even see it as ducking though. He said a couple of years ago he was pretty much done fighting, would only come back for fun or interesting fights. He said as much after the Hooker fight. I think he stepped in on short notice at one point to help out the UFC. He's a full time commentator now so he probably shouldn't even be ranked, but that's not on him.

*Edit: he actually stepped in on short notice to replace Islam, lol. I don't blame guys for not signing on to fight someone with a history of pulling out of fights.

Imagine thinking professional fighters are scared to fight.

Boring pull out merchant gets mad that no one wants to fight him because he's a boring pull out merchant. Imagine agreeing to fight Mak only for him to again pull out the week of the fight. Mak just needs to fight whoever the ufc offers him and show he can actually show up, otherwise he's always gonna be stuck in limbo
You gotta have a pretty low IQ to think that’s a legitimate reason as to why people don’t want to fight Islam. These same fighters that are apparently worried about Islam pulling out are accepting fights during a pandemic when any fight could be called off due to a positive Covid test from either side.

Felder is ducking shamelessly, he said as much. His (Dana) white privilege is showing.

How is it possible that Edwards was going to get removed from the rankings unless he fought Khamzat (who’s less proven than Islam) and Felder is allowed to build a tenement and live rent free in the top 10? Come on son.

If he wants to cherry pick because it’s the latter stage of his career, fine, it’s a free country, but he needs to be pushed down/out the rankings, just like Iaquinta. In fact, those two, Cerrone and Tony could fight each other in a round robin for some nice pay days and then all of them can retire.

Salute to that Philly Sherdogger for calling out Paul The Irish Duck Felder.

If he doesn't want to fight Islam, fine. But he should be dropped from the top 15. idk how he moved up a rank today.

Back