Media Fan calls out Paul Felder for ducking Islam Makhachev; Felder calls fan a clown

Islam is a can crusher, look at his last 2 opponents:

Davi Ramos, a guy who went 0-1 in Bellator with a loss to journeyman Rickels and got CUT
Drew Dober, went 0-2 against Bellator fighters, he lost to Brooks and Girtz

And these 2 are in his top 5 best wins lol. Who's the best fighter he fought? Adriano Martins? Well that didn't go so well for him <45>

He had 2 options between Fiziev and Moises and of course he picked the easier fight. Now he wants to fight Tony on 3 fight losing streak
even if that's the case, who should felder fight next? he fought hooker, he fought RDA. Who should he fight?

What world we live in where it's considered ducking to turn down a fight against someone with no top 15 wins who has pulled out of numerous fights

hey...I understand Felder even in ducking, he is being honest and transparent. He is not a young fighter anymore and fighitng Islam at this point in his career is just not smart. Islam is a scary dude, fighters know that.
the division is full of killers though. The bottom top 15 are all younger hungrier guys.

He seems like he'd entertain a fight with Michael Chandler. Seem that excited him. Maybe him and chandler fight. I don't think that's a fight chandler wants. I pick felder winning that fight. Felder is tough.

even if that's the case, who should felder fight next? he fought hooker, he fought RDA. Who should he fight?
Diego Ferreira, ranked #13 and both on 2 fight losing streak

Felder shouldn't be a top 15, he robbed Barboza, then lost to Hooker and RDA
I like Felder but yeah I agree, at the very least he should be ranked outside the top 10.

they are, but he has to fight someone and Islam is near his ranking. I don't think he's scared of Islam per se. if he is, I don't think it matters. As GSP says, just because you're scared, being scared doesn't make you a coward. I think he doesn't see upside in beating Islam, maybe because he's coming off a loss and wants to get back in the winning column. Most guys in the LW division I think aren't scared to fight islam should he reach the mountain top. Just don't want to face him now. which is kinda bs but in the case of felder, if he wants to continue fighting, I think he thinks that's not the best fight for him right now. I don't think his manager would advise that. I wouldn't, tbh. He just faced a grappler and lost. I know short notice, but still.
UFC forced someone to fight Palhares, because fans liked Palhares and wanted to pay to watch Palhares fight.

Islam apparently doesn't have as much pull with UFC as Palhares did. My guess is, outside of a few hard core fans, he just isn't known or a draw.

But shhhh don't tell that small subset of hard core fans they're in the minority lol

Diego Ferreira, ranked 13 and both on 2 fight losing streak
So skip 10 and go to 13?

I will say that's not a bad fight to take, but that looks like he's actively avoiding the guy. But I agree with you if I was his manager, I'll tell him to take that CDF fight. Its a winnable fight for him.

Boring pull out merchant gets mad that no one wants to fight him because he's a boring pull out merchant. Imagine agreeing to fight Mak only for him to again pull out the week of the fight. Mak just needs to fight whoever the ufc offers him and show he can actually show up, otherwise he's always gonna be stuck in limbo
Exactly whether he's that good or not there's literally no benefits to fighting him and you may end up not fighting or getting a last second opponent and style change. Also slim chance to get fight of the night bonus with his style.

Both Felder and Hooker need to be fighting guys ranked below them. Whether it's Islam or Gregor someone else. I don't think they are at all deserving of their ranking.

the division is full of killers though. The bottom top 15 are all younger hungrier guys.

He seems like he'd entertain a fight with Michael Chandler. Seem that excited him. Maybe him and chandler fight. I don't think that's a fight chandler wants. I pick felder winning that fight. Felder is tough.
There is no debate that LW is a shark pool. Felder however can be picky, he wants fights that draw a lot of attention, give him a chance to shine and win, he wants brawlers to go against, that gives him a shot of putting a good performance. He is a tough SOB, no doubt, but has limitations as a fighter that he is aware of.

UFC forced someone to fight Palhares, because fans liked Palhares.

Islam apparently doesn't have as much pull with UFC as Palhares did. My guess is, outside of a few hard core fans, he just isn't known or a draw.

But shhhh don't tell that small subset of hard core fans they're in the minority lol
I agree he isn't and he won't turn into a superstar the way khabib was even if he goes on to fight conor mcgregor. But I think 9 and 10 should fight each other. Felder wanted to fight chandler, I like that fight for him. I don't think chandler takes that fight because felder is tough, he can eat shots.

There is no debate that LW is a shark pool. Felder however can be picky, he wants fights that draw a lot of attention, give him a chance to shine and win, he wants brawlers to go against, that gives him a shot of putting a good performance. He is a tough SOB, no doubt, but has limitations as a fighter that he is aware of.
I'd like to see him with chandler one of these days.

I'd like to see him with chandler one of these days.
I'd like to see him against Gaethje, I think they can put on a performance. Chandler not bad either, but I think Felder will end up on the floor.

I agree he isn't and he won't turn into a superstar the way khabib was even if he goes on to fight conor mcgregor. But I think 9 and 10 should fight each other. Felder wanted to fight chandler, I like that fight for him. I don't think chandler takes that fight because felder is tough, he can eat shots.
Felder is in a different category. He's all but retired with 1, maybe 2, fights left. In this sport, you and I both know that fighters pick and choose fights in the best of times - trebly so for fighters on their last leg like Felder. He gets a pass.

He doesn't get a pass because it's "right" or "wrong", but because there is no right or wrong. This matchmaking shit is half art half science, and Dana keeps it that way for his own benefits, and fighters unfortunately have to live in that world.

The "OMG ducking Islam" threads have been made daily for a year now. Maybe they should all just end with the message here:

"...they decided Islam will smash everyone the UFC offers and this will force a title shot...."​

And I agree with them; Islam needs to stop whining and keep fighting whoever, 3-4x a year, and keep winning, and keep proving everyone wrong, and it'll eventually pay off. Like Oliveira did.

I'm guessing this is not the message that @Ackmed was trying to deliver in that thread lol but it's the message I heard! ;)

Last edited:
. Mak just needs to fight whoever the ufc offers him and show he can actually show up, otherwise he's always gonna be stuck in limbo
This is 100% on the mark. Applies to a lot of these up and comers who start calling out top 2-3 opponents without a top 10 or 15 win. Khamzat is a perfect example. How that guy was booked for an "Unofficial" Title Eliminator is beyond me.

Hector Lombard looked like an absolute monster crushing guys outside the top 20 of MW and when he got the the UFC he couldn't do the same as the level of competition was much higher.

Some will say but Khamzat or whoever has wins in the UFC. But consider how much larger the UFC roster is now since they put on so many cards. Half the fights would have been regional circuit fights but are now in the UFC.

I'd like to see him against Gaethje, I think they can put on a performance. Chandler not bad either, but I think Felder will end up on the floor.
how so? for a lack of better term, felder is super thick. Tree trunk legs. Its going to take a lot of energy keeping him on the floor. Oliveira doesn't normally look fatigued when he's on his back, but felder made him tired trying to keep him down and trying to submit him. Chandler was gassed with oliveira. I don't think felder is going to back away from the shots the way oliveira did. He's going to eat them like donuts and come forward. Guy has a great poker face that can break the will of many opponents.

These fake top 10 guys have to give the young guns a shot at some point, it’s getting freakin ridiculous.

Tony - 3L streak
Felder - 2L streak
Hooker - 2L streak

Islam needs to fly to Brazil and find Adriano Martins for a rematch first

Back