Famous children's stories originally in Spanish language?

deltapapha

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I'm plopping this question here just because I'm a regular sherdogger and don't feel starting an account in some other internet forum more suited to this question. I might later, I just don't feel like it right now.

Anyway, I am at intermediate-advanced level in Italian an am reading through Pinocchio with my Italian instructor, something extra-curricular that she is doing for me in her free time. It is not an official class.

Because I have had four college semesters of Spanish I would like to do a similar thing with a children's story sort on the same level as Pinocchio but that was originally written in Spanish, so I can continue learning that language as well.

For instance, in German you have something like Hansel and Gretel, in Italian you have Pinocchio, but what is a similar well known story that was originally written in Spanish? For some reason I am having trouble finding something like that online right now.

What are some classic Spanish language kids stories? Nothing too girly but something with the awesomeness factor of Grimm's Tales.

I'm plopping this question here just because I'm a regular sherdogger and don't feel starting an account in some other internet forum more suited to this question. I might later, I just don't feel like it right now.

Anyway, I am at intermediate-advanced level in Italian an am reading through Pinocchio with my Italian instructor, something extra-curricular that she is doing for me in her free time. It is not an official class.

Because I have had four college semesters of Spanish I would like to do a similar thing with a children's story sort on the same level as Pinocchio but that was originally written in Spanish, so I can continue learning that language as well.

For instance, in German you have something like Hansel and Gretel, in Italian you have Pinocchio, but what is a similar well known story that was originally written in Spanish? For some reason I am having trouble finding something like that online right now.

What are some classic Spanish language kids stories? Nothing too girly but something with the awesomeness factor of Grimm's Tales.

Cantar de Mio Cid

For children 4 and up.

The story of Pedro Negro.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back