Famed MMA referee Mario Yamasaki claims he's been threatened by UFC fighters

He is good, but he is no steve mazzagatti. That man will throw his body in front of you to save you. Gotta admire his work ethic, even if he makes a mistake on occasion.

It's a pretty heated moment. Can't blame guys for things in that particular moment.

If it was backstage, I would say he could get close to getting assault charges brought. But he would not do that.

Mario is one of the best. He has 1 really bad call in recent memory (silva-prater)

He usually gives fighters plenty of chances to recover and is consistent.

He is much more consistent than the overrated Herb Dean

No one should say josh rosenthal is a good ref after he almost let munoz die against weidman.

yeah that was bad. But then look at Herb Dean for Struve vs. Morecraft.
I don't think you can judge anybody on 1 or 2 calls, you have to look at the full body of work.

he's one of the worst (besides the woman)

So for example Jeff Malott is better than yama?

4.gif

People should give a little bit of slack for the refs, not Jeff, but to the other ones for early stoppages etc. Dont get me wrong, I am fucking furious, if the ref stops the fight too early, but I can still undestand it and realize their job is quite hard.

Its always easy to look at the replays in slowmotion, but it aint so easy to call it in the heat of the action (again Jeffs reffing being the exclusion). But ignorant know-it-alls of course know better. Too bad their talents are usually wasted on the internet forums.

I never said he sucks the most, but he does suck.

If it hasn't been brought up, Matt Hughes pinned him against the cage and got in his face after Lawler/Ninja because of the ridiculous amount of damage Ninja took from Robbie before it was stopped. When the cornerman of the winner wants to beat his ass for endangering the loser you know it's bad.

LOL at everybody talking about if Mario is good or not, and missing the entire point.

You guys.... never change...

Back