Famed MMA referee Mario Yamasaki claims he's been threatened by UFC fighters

No just throwing it out there that they both suck horribly but Yama MIGHT be a little better then Ferndo

So for example Jeff Malott is better than yama?

4.gif

People should give a little bit of slack for the refs, not Jeff, but to the other ones for early stoppages etc. Dont get me wrong, I am fucking furious, if the ref stops the fight too early, but I can still undestand it and realize their job is quite hard.

Its always easy to look at the replays in slowmotion, but it aint so easy to call it in the heat of the action (again Jeffs reffing being the exclusion). But ignorant know-it-alls of course know better. Too bad their talents are usually wasted on the internet forums.

Mario's a great ref. Big John and Herb Dean have had their share of f-ups as well.

seriously. Mario is one of the best refs imo, but people act like he is the worst. seriously that is the ONLY controversial call he has ever made.
Here are examples of his inconsistency:

yamasakifail1.gif

yamasakifail2.gif

Here are examples of his incompetence:

sakaravalimakifail.gif

melendezref.gif

Let's also not forget how he let Trigg punt Hughes in the nuts and basically allowed Penn to call the fight against Sherk.

4.gif

But ignorant know-it-alls of course know better. Too bad their talents are usually wasted on the internet forums.

Indeed. They seem to forget if someone isn't defending himself properly the Ref is supposed to stop the fight. This pic is a great example. The sad thing is, I know a few people personally who don't have a problem with this. So when I see them in droves on sherdog it doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Fernando is awful, I like Mario a lot, except the odd misstake, which comes more often nowadays..

Mario, Josh, Herb, and Yves are the best even though they all botch calls once in a while.

Ref is not an easy job, they don't have the benefit of different camera angles or replays.

always liked good ol mario, class act as a ref.

So for example Jeff Malott is better than yama?

4.gif

People should give a little bit of slack for the refs, not Jeff, but to the other ones for early stoppages etc. Dont get me wrong, I am fucking furious, if the ref stops the fight too early, but I can still undestand it and realize their job is quite hard.

Its always easy to look at the replays in slowmotion, but it aint so easy to call it in the heat of the action (again Jeffs reffing being the exclusion). But ignorant know-it-alls of course know better. Too bad their talents are usually wasted on the internet forums.

Holy shit.

How many times have you fucked up at work? Answer is more than once.

I'm glad every minute of my job isn't broadcast around the world. Must suck when you do make a mistake.

Agreed, you can't really do much better than Mario.
You can do MUCH better than Yamasaki. Leon Roberts, for instance, is one of the best refs in MMA but because he stays in the background and doesn't draw attention to himself, no one knows who he is.

Mario is the best at making a heart with his hands.

Does it bother anyone else how much Big John likes to talk and try to direct the action during fights? I don't think any ref makes himself heard more than him.

Back