Famed MMA referee Mario Yamasaki claims he's been threatened by UFC fighters

That quote by him reads like a bad Google translation in the link provided.

I can still feel the pain of that E. Silva DQ. I would have made a lot of money that night if Yamasaki hadn't ruined it.

Mario reffed one of my fights before. He is one of the best refs out there. I have seen some shitty reffing(and have had shitty refs, one may have cost me a fight) and Mario has been pretty damn good even for UFC refs. Big John and the Dean of Herb are the only ones I think are better.

Mario is a good referee. Who cares whether Erick Silva lost a bit of his hype.

Mario reffed one of my fights before. He is one of the best refs out there. I have seen some shitty reffing(and have had shitty refs, one may have cost me a fight) and Mario has been pretty damn good even for UFC refs. Big John and the Dean of Herb are the only ones I think are better.

Rosenthal is pretty underrated. IMO he should be right up there with Big John and Herb.

Seriously, critical people are irrational and lack insight into themselves. human error is a part of life. Look at what doctors and nurses do by mistake, and they are serious people doing serious things doing their best to help people.

This.

If you aren't complaining about Mazzagatti or Kim Winslow then please shut up because it could be worse.

Mario's one of the better refs. It's a tough job.

If I were Mario, I would tell em if you don't want me to stop the fight, don't let it get to the point where it looks like your getting your ass kicked.

I mean the guy doesn't have an agenda, he's tryin' to save their ass!

He's solid... Mazzaggati is by far the worst, I can't believe he hasn't be fired or lost his license.

wow didn't know he was a 4th degree black belt

Rosenthal is pretty underrated. IMO he should be right up there with Big John and Herb.

Rosenthal is very decent too. He got some heat only lately but year ago he was in top 3 of most of sherdoggers.. Thats the problem with reffs popularity they make one mistake and ppl are all over them. Sometimes it isnt even a mistake but a controversial call.
If it isnt something like Dan did and it isnt too often it is ok in my books.

I wonder who threatend him

Every ref has made mistakes or questionable calls, it's the nature of reffing. You have to make a judgement, it's in the heat of the moment because its a fight and people can get seriously hurt, and you don't always get things right.

However it's never ok for a fighter to threaten an official, that can't be permitted.

Back