False Rock Bottoms

Every single one of us are going through hardships, its just a matter of perception. Whats big to you could be smaller problem for someone else and other way round. I been through rough times on number of occasions but I am not sure myself what helped me through it. But I always knew that I wouldn't want to die. Despite how low I can sometimes be, I always thought to myself that as long as I can steer my own destiny and make my own decisions (healthy to take care of myself both physically and mentally) then I have the power to make my life better. And like people above me said, you define your own rock bottom.

TS, Focus on controlling the things within your control rather than getting caught up in the chaotic things you cant. People will die, you may lose a job, bad shit will continue to happen, life is unavoidable. You can control how you deal with it.

A lot about handling adversity comes down to your mental framing of an issue rather than your performance against adversity.

Focus on the climb rather than the fall, in essence.

I can appreciate it sounds like trite bs, but in my experience, it is the truth, personally and professionally

Last edited:
TS, Focus on controlling the things within your control rather than getting caught up in the chaotic things you cant. People will die, you may lose a job, bad shit will continue to happen, life is unavoidable. You can control how you deal with it.

A lot about handling adversity comes down to your mental framing of an issue rather than your performance against adversity.

Focus on the climb rather than the fall, in esscence.

Pretty much

I assumed thread was about fake rocks where people hide spare keys under/inside.

I haven't read much of the thread, but thanks for reminding me of one of my favourite Simpsons scenes

Back