False Rock Bottoms

Daverisimo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So, first of all, you should probably ignore this post. I'm drunk and rambling on like a fool. It's really not worth your time, and you probably don't give a fuck anyways. I don't know why I'm even posting here anyways, other than the fact that this is the forum I happen to post on the most frequently, and that's just because I used to give a shit about MMA (nowadays I just occasionally read the highlights).

Anyways, I've come to the conclusion that there are no real rock bottoms in life. I thought that I'd hit one when I got disqualified from my job in the navy after I started having panic attacks all the time, but I broke right thorugh that and kept falling. I thought that I hit rock bottom when my mom died after I quit college to take care of her in hospice, but I broke through that and kept falling. I thought that I hit rock bottom when I got hit by a car, broke my ankle, lost my job, and became homeless, but I broke through and kept falling. I thought that I bounced off of the the rock bottom when my best friend ODd and I started to piece my life back together again, but I wound up falling right back down even further. I'm still in freefall, and I feel like I'll just crash through any new rock bottom I find. Just realize that you're never too broke to break. I feel like the only reason I go on living at this point is just out of spite. Like Faulkner said, "between grief and nothing, I chose grief".

Whatever. This post is bullshit, and I'll probably ask that it be deleted once I've sobered up (as it should be). I'm sure you don't give a fuck. It's just a combination of bad choices, bad luck, and bad karma. I'm just making this post because it seems better than screaming my lungs out like I want to do.

Enjoy what you have while you have it.
Hope you get back on track soon.

I've hit some really low lows in my life. Many times where I was certain it was all over. In the end, cliche as it sounds, those events ultimately made me stronger.

I wish you best of luck Sherbro. Sometimes you just need a small break to get things going. Stay mentally positive, stay sober, and your outlook will get better.

Here's a real rock bottom for you
tenor.gif

In fact learning to live out of pure spite was one of the key things that finally made me stronger.

We live until we die, bro. Take care and best of luck.

In fact learning to live out of pure spite was one of the key things that finally made me stronger.

That's what inspired Roy Jones Jr, him losing at the Olympics and trying to piss off his dad, spite is fucking powerful.

That's what inspired Roy Jones Jr, him losing at the Olympics and trying to piss off his dad, spite is fucking powerful.
For me I got betrayed by family I trusted. Ended up homeless at the end of 2016. This after years of shitty things happening back to back. When I got back on my feet I had this huge chip on my shoulder, but in a different way than before. Felt like the universe itself was against me. Everything wanted me to fail. I felt like Lt. Dan in Forrest Gump. You think this is gonna kill me? No. FUCK no. You want to break me? You better bring the thunder this time.

I felt like I had been so close to death, that if that was how it was going to go I didn't want to die that person I was. I hated that person. I started swinging back and it took time before anything got better, but eventually I started getting little wins and surprising myself. Today, even though things are far from perfect, I am proud as fuck of myself for getting over a lot of issues and insecurities I had my entire life. If I died today, I would be ok with that.

I'm not that loser anymore.

<Fedor23>

For me I got betrayed by family I trusted. Ended up homeless at the end of 2016. This after years of shitty things happening back to back. When I got back on my feet I had this huge chip on my shoulder, but in a different way than before. Felt like the universe itself was against me. Everything wanted me to fail. I felt like Lt. Dan in Forrest Gump. You think this is gonna kill me? No. FUCK no. You want to break me? You better bring the thunder this time.

I felt like I had been so close to death, that if that was how it was going to go I didn't want to die that person I was. I hated that person. I started swinging back and it took time before anything got better, but eventually I started getting little wins and surprising myself. Today, even though things are far from perfect, I am proud as fuck of myself for getting over a lot of issues and insecurities I had my entire life. If I died today, I would be ok with that.

<Fedor23>

Not many come back like that bro, well done to you and keep it up!

@Daverisimo if you ever need someone to talk to, shoot me a pm. I know how hopeless and pointless things can feel sometimes. But you still WANT things to get better. As long as that's the case, a person can come back from damn near anything. Don't give up!

<Fedor23>

Remember reading your threads like in 2014

Crazy stuff

Get out and vote, things will get better...

I think it was Evan Tanner that said “It’s when you hit rock bottom you find out what’s most important in your life.”

Doubt it’s an original thought, but if it’s not true I don’t know what is.

You’ve never lost a 5 team accumulator with the last kick of a game then it seems.

Remember reading your threads like in 2014

Crazy stuff
Haha wow from 2013 to 2015 was Post Divorce Mike. So bitter and angry lol. I honestly started to think I'd just stay like that forever

<{Joewithit}>

I've hit some really low lows in my life. Many times where I was certain it was all over. In the end, cliche as it sounds, those events ultimately made me stronger.

Everything sounds like a cliché until you experience it. People of today mistake hearing or reading about something with actually living it.

Everything sounds like a cliché until you experience it. People of today mistake hearing or reading about something with actually living it.
Yeah I've found that to be true. It turns out that at some point in your life you were probably given the perfect advice. You're just not always ready to hear it yet. The best thing I could tell anyone struggling is keep fighting, keep surviving and trying to learn. As long as you refuse to give up damn near anything is possible.

I wish you best of luck Sherbro. Sometimes you just need a small break to get things going. Stay mentally positive, stay sober, and your outlook will get better.

Here's a real rock bottom for you
tenor.gif

I raise you a false Rock Bottom
SecondRectangularAfricangoldencat-small.gif

And a false People's Elbow
d8rBQNL.gif

So, first of all, you should probably ignore this post. I'm drunk and rambling on like a fool. It's really not worth your time, and you probably don't give a fuck anyways. I don't know why I'm even posting here anyways, other than the fact that this is the forum I happen to post on the most frequently, and that's just because I used to give a shit about MMA (nowadays I just occasionally read the highlights).

Anyways, I've come to the conclusion that there are no real rock bottoms in life. I thought that I'd hit one when I got disqualified from my job in the navy after I started having panic attacks all the time, but I broke right thorugh that and kept falling. I thought that I hit rock bottom when my mom died after I quit college to take care of her in hospice, but I broke through that and kept falling. I thought that I hit rock bottom when I got hit by a car, broke my ankle, lost my job, and became homeless, but I broke through and kept falling. I thought that I bounced off of the the rock bottom when my best friend ODd and I started to piece my life back together again, but I wound up falling right back down even further. I'm still in freefall, and I feel like I'll just crash through any new rock bottom I find. Just realize that you're never too broke to break. I feel like the only reason I go on living at this point is just out of spite. Like Faulkner said, "between grief and nothing, I chose grief".

Whatever. This post is bullshit, and I'll probably ask that it be deleted once I've sobered up (as it should be). I'm sure you don't give a fuck. It's just a combination of bad choices, bad luck, and bad karma. I'm just making this post because it seems better than screaming my lungs out like I want to do.

Yeah dude, you can die.

Rock bottom is where you decide it is.

Living out of spite is a worthy endeavour within of itself!!!
You can do it, bro!!!

Scream all you need! Sometimes the universe needs you to scream!

Last edited:
Back