Fallout vs The Elder Scrolls

Fallout New Vegas is better than anything Todd Howard has done. Morrowind was awesome, but its age in graphics/draw distance, not to mention lackluster melee combat, holds it back. Once Skywind gets released, it will finally take its place alongside New Vegas, if not surpass, thanks to the better engine/mechanics.

I still love Skyrim and Fallout 3/4, though Oblivion is the best Todd Howard-lead Bethesda project, so far.

Fallout. The main issue to me with the Skyrim series is that FPS melee combat is always just kind of shit. Some games can kind of make it work but even when it works it's still shit combat compared to pretty much all other forms of combat in games. Magic is the only thing that works and it's always what I pick when I play those kinds of games.

Fallout. The main issue to me with the Skyrim series is that FPS melee combat is always just kind of shit. Some games can kind of make it work but even when it works it's still shit combat compared to pretty much all other forms of combat in games. Magic is the only thing that works and it's always what I pick when I play those kinds of games.

Stealth Archery FTW...

But yes button mashing for melee does suck.

So stealth stabby...stab stab stab stab....

Stealth Archery FTW...

But yes button mashing for melee does suck.

So stealth stabby...stab stab stab stab....

Archery does seem better as well but nothing ever tops magic for me.

I’ve ever cared much for the RPG elements in Bethesda games. They’re not good at that part of the world building imo. New Vegas was great, the rest of them were all just pretty worlds that were fun to explore for a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back