Locked Fallout Official Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the article about it. It involved a lot of reloading saves
Not only that, he had to spend a lot of time leveling up his character before even starting the game: building stuff in Sanctuary in a repetitive way just to gain enough perks to start venturing.

Of course, once he gets Pacify, he's ready to start the most boring/obnoxious run possible. Although I will admit it takes a lot of commitment and wherewithal to achieve it.

Not only that, he had to spend a lot of time leveling up his character before even starting the game: building stuff in Sanctuary in a repetitive way just to gain enough perks to start venturing.

Of course, once he gets Pacify, he's ready to start the most boring/obnoxious run possible. Although I will admit it takes a lot of commitment and wherewithal to achieve it.

Yes, not something I'd try, but good to see the imagination to attempt.

tumblr_luctjzg9Pg1qkcj4n.gif

This Freedom trail mission is one of the most retarded things I've ever seen, like how the fuck is anybody supposed to figure this shit out, its stupid because it breaks all the rules of the game in terms of how all the other quests are given to you, no quest markers, no explanation. Then you get to the stupid hideout and have to input some code in a specific way that the game literally gives you no clues about. WTF was Bethesda thinking?!? The game dropped a few points there, and its no longer my GOTY, one of the studidest and nonsensical quests I've ever seen in a game.

This Freedom trail mission is one of the most retarded things I've ever seen, like how the fuck is anybody supposed to figure this shit out, its stupid because it breaks all the rules of the game in terms of how all the other quests are given to you, no quest markers, no explanation. Then you get to the stupid hideout and have to input some code in a specific way that the game literally gives you no clues about. WTF was Bethesda thinking?!? The game dropped a few points there, and its no longer my GOTY, one of the studidest and nonsensical quests I've ever seen in a game.

Not Bethesda's fault you were the only one who couldn't figure it out :p Also not being able to guess the insanely easy password is on you. Its railroad ffs. lol

It gives a clue lol. First, their Is a robot at the commons area that tells u about it. Then just use common sense. Its a trail. Look at the map. Where would a trail end in that situation? Probably near the coast. Right where the church is lol. Then what are u looking for? The railroad? What could the password be....
I liked the design of the quest. It made you work a bit. Made you explore. And we leave in the internet age. If you can't figure it out, look it up. But honestly it wasn't unfairly difficult.

It's not like Japanese games where they not only give no clue, they make secretes that no logical human being would ever figure out. There is literally no chance to figure it out without a guide. Now that is shit gameplay. Bethesda make that railroad quest perfect actually. They gave clues but if the robot blows up before you talk to him, yea you gotta search and think a bit.

Last edited:
i mean it's not a necessity I don't mind having hidden quests

Last edited:
So you are the guy they keep "streamlining" games for because they are too complicated?
if that quest was to hard you would have had a hard time in the old days of gaming.

God, that's horrible. Must be hard for you to even think. What will we'll do without quest markers in our life, we'd never find our way back home.

Just hit lvl 50. Still haven't made it to the Institute yet.

Curie is now in a synth body.

Running MILA quests for Tinker Tom.

Avoiding Preston like the plague, regret sending him to the Fort as every time I go to cash in my Settlement Slavery Missions, I overhear Radio Freedom and get tasked with 2-3 more quests. I even have 2 Missions that just need a "Speak to Preston" for completion that I'm keeping on ice.

His insane tasking is my major dislike of this game....Preston the Cliffracer...

If I give Piper the Grognak Costume and Grognak Axe, will she become a killing machine? Right now she pretty much just serves as a meatshield/distraction/mule

If I give Piper the Grognak Costume and Grognak Axe, will she become a killing machine? Right now she pretty much just serves as a meatshield/distraction/mule

Nah, she'd be a meatshield/distraction/mule that gets in your way even more. Grognak's shit is more Cait's style anyway.

Last edited:
They do need to patch Preston's never ending quests. You should have to ask him for another quest similar to the way you do with the brotherhood and the recon missions. I liked the minutemen early on in the game, now I can't help but want to kill off most of them and replace them with Grey Garden robots. At least if one of the robots get kidnapped I won't give a shit.

These meaningless faction quests drive my OCD crazy.

Is there any way to get Maxson's coat? That thing is bad ass. I'm considering killing him just for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back