Fallout 4 is the most brutal unforgiving game ever made

Was that board started by a former sherdog mod?
I have no clue lol but it was around back in 2003 and it's still going. I think you'd remember if you were the person I was talking about. I always presumed his avatar was hockey-related but I just checked and turns out he's a "gators" fan so presumably an American not a Canadian. Apologies. The age of your account is what made me think it might've been "you"

The thing about the fallout games is they're all fantastic, but none of them are perfect so people will argue until their blue in the face over whichever one they prefer.

The thing about the fallout games is they're all fantastic, but none of them are perfect so people will argue until their blue in the face over whichever one they prefer.

This is so true. They are all gems.

Fallout 4 is the most brutal unforgiving game ever made.

Has anyone debated this statement? Fallout 4 is a lot of things (which I enjoyed a lot), but "Most Brutal" is definitely not one of them.

Not by a long shot.

Dark souls pissed me off instantly, that game kicks your ass on purpose from the beginning until the very end. The only time fallout 4 was tough was when i screwed up randomly with supplies.

Just reporting in from the high crowd but upon reading OP first post I did this
giphy.gif

I loved the game. I put 412 hours into it. I really like the settlement building as well. I have some YouTube videos of the massive settlements I've built.

Yeah, the settlement saving thing for Preston was annoying, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me.

I loved the game. I put 412 hours into it. I really like the settlement building as well. I have some YouTube videos of the massive settlements I've built.

Yeah, the settlement saving thing for Preston was annoying, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me.
Link to your YT vids?

AnothersettlementneedsyourhelpAnothersettlementneedsyourhelpAnothersettlementneedsyourhelpAnothersettlementneedsyourhelpAnothersettlementneedsyourhelpAnothersettlementneedsyourhelpAnothersettlementneedsyourhelpAnothersettlementneedsyourhelp

I'm finding myself completely overwhelmed with things to do at the moment, and I haven't even started building settlements. My first playthrough was about 150'sh hours, but as strange as it sounds, it felt like a rushed playthrough, a lot of roaming around. This second play through I'm 50h into and I'm only lvl20, just now getting to Far Harbor, and the world is just full of options, and I have no idea what to do. If I go find Shaun, does it still let me play after? I completely forgot. I'm holding off on the main story for that reason.

Has anyone debated this statement? Fallout 4 is a lot of things (which I enjoyed a lot), but "Most Brutal" is definitely not one of them.

Not by a long shot.

I agree it's not.

That said... Has anyone here tried the Survival Mode with no save, no fast travel, and if I recall correctly food / water / sleep requirements? It's fairly brutal, and the death is peramdeath. So if you actually survive for 10-20h, and start liking your character, any single misstep, mine, pack of dogs, whatever can end all your work in seconds. It's like Diablo 3 Hardcore, mixed with Binding of Issac.

I agree it's not.

That said... Has anyone here tried the Survival Mode with no save, no fast travel, and if I recall correctly food / water / sleep requirements? It's fairly brutal, and the death is peramdeath. So if you actually survive for 10-20h, and start liking your character, any single misstep, mine, pack of dogs, whatever can end all your work in seconds. It's like Diablo 3 Hardcore, mixed with Binding of Issac.

yeah it's not a bad setup if your save reload is post-cryo emerging from the shelter

my favorite part about permadeath playthroughs is they start forcing players to create favorite routes and fallbacks on the map like invisible highways of avoiding trouble and heavily-weighed decisions to attack or loot certain spots

I remember Lonely Chapel church with the underground food bunker was a blip on my radar on first playthrough ever

several characters later trying to quietly stalk it for looting with nothing but a pistol and vault suit was like mission fucking impossible

and I think there's just one named raider and a handful of goons

[Red Tourette]

whereas in normal mode you just kick over every garbage can you kill your way across and locations become 500 times less important

Last edited:
my favorite part about permadeath playthroughs is they start forcing players to create favorite routes and fallbacks on the map like invisible highways of avoiding trouble and heavily-weighed decisions to attack or loot certain spots

Totally agree with everything you said, but this the most.

the one thing that is absolute torture is the goddamned nuka cola train in REAL TIME every time you need to pass between worlds to buy the ammo classes there

the one thing that is absolute torture is the goddamned nuka cola train in REAL TIME every time you need to pass between worlds to buy the ammo classes there

Is that how you to get to / from the Nuka DLC world?

If the game is kicking your ass that bad kid can’t you just adjust the difficulty setting mid game?

Back