Falling asleep only to become aware and awake

MC Paul Barman

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does anybody else ever get this?

It's like you're about to fall asleep, your thoughts start to travel off (thoughts that you're not consciously willing so much) and then bam.... you're alert and awake.

Some nights this can play out numerous times in a row.

I'll notice that when it happens my heart is racing a bit. Not too wildly.

I'm wondering if it's just an adrenaline rush.... that's bringing me back.

Or if my conscious mind is actually preventing me from drifting off.

I'm guessing adrenaline rush. Maybe anxiety related.

Smoke some DMT.

/Rogan'd

Do you have the feeling that you're like "falling into your bed?". If so i have this happen sometimes.

People who believe in astral voyages will tell you that this moment, where you're not totally asleep but still very far from being awake, is the door into astral planes. You have to stay conscious and seperate from your body. Hence the feeling of falling into your bed because you have failed to change planes.

This happens to me when i fall asleep super tired or if i'm sleeping not in my bed like on the couch or something.

I would like to explore astral projections more. I don't believe in it but I'd be open to it.

I've had the falling into my bed sensations ,also sleep paralysis many times

Huh? I always thought the falling thing was extremely common, it happens to me all the time. Are you telling me I can astral project?

astral projection is what it's called. Do NOT go too far away from your body, and into the further. You will not like that place at'll

yeah... asteral projections always make for a bad 3rd act of a movie.
Avoid!!

dafuq is going on with these astral projections

I get to that place when I'm laying in bed talking to my wife. I start to dose off but try to pay attention to what she's saying. I end up waking up to her waiting for a response where I have to replay what was recently said in my head to try and respond. Often times resulting in me saying something stupid because I dreamed up part of what was said. lol

I have that. Lately it's like drifting...drifting...drift... Then I'll see myself in a coffin and then I can't sleep. I gotta get back on ambien.

What's happening here is very simple and natural.

You are lucidly dreaming. When this happens, your body tends to get excited and your conscious self becomes aware you are in a dream and funny things tend to happen.

This goes hand in hand with sleep paralysis, but that's another ball game.

Lucid dreaming is actually something people try to achieve to do and get a lot of pleasure from it, it just takes a lot of practice (meditation, dream journals, etc...) to be able to become lucid in a dream and maintainthe lucidity.

Basically, you are becoming aware you are dreaming. That's awesome and you should be freaked out about.

No ghost here lol.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

Anybody got sleep paralysis? Consciously know I'm asleep, but can see my surroundings (bedroom) and feel a sense of dread and evil, like something is in the room with me. Often accompanied by a loud ringing noise. First time it happened it was disgusting, felt a true sense of horror unlike any other. They are gradually getting easier to cope with now, and don't happen too often.

A time it almost ALWAYS happens is the day after a heavy night on the booze. If I lay in bed on a sunday trying to sleep but keep waking up, there will be at least one time where I think I am waking up but enter this state of paralysis. It's good for me in a way, now I try to be active on a hangover so I can just sleep in the evening and avoid it.

Anyone else get this? Someone here must know what I'm talking about

better than sleep paralysis

Like I said in the prior post; sleep paralysis goes hand in hand with lucid dreaming.

Sleep paralysis is the body's way of keeping you from acting out your dreams. We go through this every night of our lives until the day we die believe it or not.

With out sleep paralysis, we can not dream properly. In rare cases, people sleep walk which is when your body didn't go into paralysis.

The feeling of becoming aware of sleep paralysis can be extremely frightening; trust me, I know. But with knowing what's happening, it can be quite pleasant. Embracing the paralysis will essentially put you in lucidity if done properly. I do it all the time. Doesn't scare me a bit. It's awesome.

A-fucking-men. I just posted before I read this.

I've had this happen maybe twice. Both times I was on my stomach facing the wall... I couldn't move, and couldn't see anything but the wall but felt like something dreadful was approaching me in the room behind me. Ringing noise and deep, deep rumbling type noise to. It was frightening.

Back