Fall of the Roman Empire mirroring the West

Tycho

Patriot
@Green
Reaction score
Long ass video, but very interesting from an economical and historical standpoint. There really are so many similarities to our current situation once you analyse things carefully. I think the clearest one is over-reliance on central planning and abandonment of morality/self-discipline.

I don't think we've abandoned morality, our morality has just changed.

Can you post a transcript or at least cliffs? I'm not watching a video that appears to be as shit as this one is.

Also, just posting a video is lazy. Don't you have any thoughts on the subject?

The one major way that Rome's fall and ours follows the same line, is that in Rome, the teams of political opponents, became so engrossed in destroying the other, that they wouldn't let the other side succeed even if it was in the best interests of Rome.

In many ways Rome was destroyed by partisanship, sound familiar?

Stopped at "leftist propaganda."

Yeah, it's the "leftist" narratives that have completely white washed the formation of our countries on the extermination of indigenous peoples. It's "leftists" that are actively trying to remove fact checkers from history books (Texas), postively frame American slavery (Texas), and remove anything that seems anti-patriotic as well (Kansas). It's "leftists" that have sought to suffocate earnest accounts of deeds done by Columbus and Cortes.

This guy is a fucking moron.

You can really only compare the Roman empire or any empire with the West today to a very limited degree because of the advancement in communication.
I can basically communicate with everyone in the western world instantly, how long did it took the empire to deliver a message to the front for example.

Because of the communication we have access to today most issues the Romans had dont apply to us.

Should we prepare for the goths attack or stop the spread of Christianity?

You know people don't know shit about the Roman empire when they blame "leftist thought" for the collapse instead of say...having a majority of legions comprised of germanic peoples while being surrounded by germanic peoples. You know, substantial things.

You know people don't know shit about the Roman empire when they blame "leftist thought" for the collapse instead of say...having a majority of legions comprised of germanic peoples while being surrounded by germanic peoples. You know, substantial things.

Or the destruction of their middle class in favour of slave labor.

Of course, if you look at the fall of a lot of great empires, you'll find similarities.
But they were all flawed and America is ten times as awesome.

The one major way that Rome's fall and ours follows the same line, is that in Rome, the teams of political opponents, became so engrossed in destroying the other, that they wouldn't let the other side succeed even if it was in the best interests of Rome.

In many ways Rome was destroyed by partisanship, sound familiar?
That could also be the story of ancient Greece.

Great video, leftist will be the death to western civilization and our future.

Our morality is in better shape today than ever. Misogyny is almost unacceptable and women's rights are improving, racism is down to a sliver of what it used to be, crime is down across the board, religions are losing power here, etc. All great things. There are some concerns with over-sentencing criminals and a pretty major concern about ownership of labor, but overall our moral situation is much better than it was when I was younger.

Back