Opinion Faking news stories or staging events for mass media consumption needs to be CRIMINALIZED.

I've never one time in my life typed "info wars" into an address bar. Never watched Alex Jones outside of a couple minutes linked from here. Your hack brain is showing.

I firmly believe that if a right-wing outlet stages an event for effect, and passes it off as "news," that there should be a penalty. Opinions should not be restricted much, if at all, but actually setting people up to do things specifically to create propaganda is bad.

Alex Jones was just an example. I'm pretty sure you've ranted at some point about some conservative being silenced by a youtube or twitter.

I just don't see much of a difference.

If anything I think a government Authority fining the media is substantially worse. It's the antithesis of a free society and a free press. The government should have as little power over the press as possible because given the chance to abuse it they will.

Can you see the parallels? Can you see that your idea is setting up for a slippery slope into something substantially worse?

Alex Jones was just an example. I'm pretty sure you've ranted at some point about some conservative being silenced by a youtube or twitter.

I just don't see much of a difference.

If anything I think a government Authority fining the media is substantially worse. It's the antithesis of a free society and a free press. The government should have as little power over the press as possible because given the chance to abuse it they will.

Can you see the parallels? Can you see that your idea is setting up for a slippery slope into something substantially worse?
That's why it's limited to staging fake events.. But yes, I understand what you are saying.

Project Veritas has never backed away from a story and has never been successfully sued for libel.

Remarkable. I suspected the slander against Project Veritas was just butthurt workers and shills. The moment they exposed Google’s anti-Trump
campaign...then exposed their new acquisition Youtube censoring videos for telling it like it is..Google is not a good company, but it is what it is.<Moves>

Last edited:
The act of staging events for purposes of fake news stories needs to become a felony that producers, and even reporters can be charged with. There can be a couple levels of it, with the lower levels being a misdemeanor or even just a fine infraction; for example standing in a creek to portray an image that flood waters are everywhere when higher ground to stay out of the water is all around. That can be just a fine, and maybe a Misdemeanor; but the staging of entire events, or even the majority of an event to push an agenda needs to be criminalized, up to and including felony charges.

I'm sorry to post from a group that has had some shady results themselves in the past, but I believe what they are reporting here is legit.

Please post examples of the other 10 times I can think of off the top of my head where something like this was done in the few years.

Staging events to pass off as news needs to be criminalized. Agree or disagree? Why?

Cuomo's COVID-19 quarantine thing was just a skit...

Calling yourself a "news" organization but knowingly propagating lies for political purposes should be false advertising. CNN and MSNBC should be forced to put up a disclaimer at the start of every show (and after commercials) that their programing is strictly for entertainment purposes and should not be considered actual "news."

Last edited:
5 or 6 people run all the news agencies. It needs to be broken up like any other monopoly that abuses their power.

Cuomo's COVID-19 quarantine thing was just skit...

Calling yourself a "news" organization but knowingly propagating lies for political purposes should be false advertising. CNN and MSNBC should be forced to put up a disclaimer at the start of every show (and after commercials) that their programing is strictly for entertainment purposes and should not be considered actual "news."

I agree, but Fox did enough of this 02-17 that they should probably be included. It's comically sad that Hannity can sit there and tell the truth 90% of the time now, with zero spin, and it's as good for "his party" as the crap he used to spin. Mind boggling.

I agree, but Fox did enough of this 02-17 that they should probably be included. It's comically sad that Hannity can sit there and tell the truth 90% of the time now, with zero spin, and it's as good for "his party" as the crap he used to spin. Mind boggling.
That is fair.

Project Veritas has never backed away from a story and has never been successfully sued for libel.

You do realize O Keefe was forced, per a judge's order, to turn over his tapes, admit he was wrong, pay restitution and apologize after the ACORN bullshit, no?

Him and his colleagues were arrested and convicted for trespassing on federal property under false pretenses for attempting to harass a senator.

Then there's O' Keefe springing into settlement mode for harassing a CNN correspondent.

Remember when O Keefe and his goons tried to solicit voter fraud from a dem candidate and a senator, and failed?

What about when he tried to "sting" CNN and WAPO, failing miserably and being proven a hack both times?

Here's the transcript from the time O' Keefe tried to perform a sting on a George Soros foundation, yet forgot to hang up and detailed his scheme.
https://www.newyorker.com/news/news...-okeefes-call-to-the-open-society-foundations

You're lauding a "news group" that attempted to bribe people into inciting riots at Trump events, precisely the type of false bullshit that this thread is about, yet in support of them.

Fucking weirdo.

You do realize O Keefe was forced, per a judge's order, to turn over his tapes, admit he was wrong, pay restitution and apologize after the ACORN bullshit, no?

Him and his colleagues were arrested and convicted for trespassing on federal property under false pretenses for attempting to harass a senator.

Then there's O' Keefe springing into settlement mode for harassing a CNN correspondent.

Remember when O Keefe and his goons tried to solicit voter fraud from a dem candidate and a senator, and failed?

What about when he tried to "sting" CNN and WAPO, failing miserably and being proven a hack both times?

Here's the transcript from the time O' Keefe tried to perform a sting on a George Soros foundation, yet forgot to hang up and detailed his scheme.
https://www.newyorker.com/news/news...-okeefes-call-to-the-open-society-foundations

You're lauding a "news group" that attempted to bribe people into inciting riots at Trump events, precisely the type of false bullshit that this thread is about, yet in support of them.

Fucking weirdo.

I addressed this already. O'Keefe was sued for illegal recording, not libel. You can bitch and flail about all you want but Project Veritas stories have all proven legit. Go cry to someone else if that upsets you.

I addressed this already. O'Keefe was sued for illegal recording, not libel. You can bitch and flail about all you want but Project Veritas stories have all proven legit. Go cry to someone else if that upsets you.

Like?

Maybe those planned parenthood videos that turned out to be cut up and lied about, where even Carly Fiorina claimed to have heard the sounds of an infant in a video absent sound?

Or maybe the plea deal he took for "sting" on ACORN, which required him to return his recordings, only for the recordings to yield no significant information but a lot of editing?

What about when Keefe was sentenced for trespassing, not recording, under false pretenses at the Hale Boggs complex in New Orleans? He pled guilty on that shit, and nothing came of that sting.

Or maybe his failed NPR sting?

Or the Rigging the Election dud video where again, he edited the video to make people sound corrupt?

I guess he was secretly right on all of those cases, which oddly enough, never amounted to jack shit despite the right wing salivating at the idea of using the info as a cudgel before it falls apart.

Or, you know, what about that time where he tried to pull some bullshit on CNN correspondent, and the PV executive producer leaked the plan for it, which included some kinky ass shit, only for O' Keefe to deny, then settle with an NDA.

I wonder why their funding, even from hard right sources, has dwindled since then. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Like?

Maybe those planned parenthood videos that turned out to be cut up and lied about, where even Carly Fiorina claimed to have heard the sounds of an infant in a video absent sound?

Or maybe the plea deal he took for "sting" on ACORN, which required him to return his recordings, only for the recordings to yield no significant information but a lot of editing?

What about when Keefe was sentenced for trespassing, not recording, under false pretenses at the Hale Boggs complex in New Orleans? He pled guilty on that shit, and nothing came of that sting.

Or maybe his failed NPR sting?

Or the Rigging the Election dud video where again, he edited the video to make people sound corrupt?

I guess he was secretly right on all of those cases, which oddly enough, never amounted to jack shit despite the right wing salivating at the idea of using the info as a cudgel before it falls apart.

Or, you know, what about that time where he tried to pull some bullshit on CNN correspondent, and the PV executive producer leaked the plan for it, which included some kinky ass shit, only for O' Keefe to deny, then settle with an NDA.

I wonder why their funding, even from hard right sources, has dwindled since then. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

There really is no "maybe" in any of this. What happened happened. It's all well documented and very easy to review.

There really is no "maybe" in any of this. What happened happened. It's all well documented and very easy to review.

Yes, and what happened is that O' Keefe and his organization have been exposed editing and fabricating information, usually from secret recordings, and have lost funding from even their more ardent conservative allies.

James O' Keefe should be careful with his criminal record.......

Yes, and what happened is that O' Keefe and his organization have been exposed editing and fabricating information, usually from secret recordings, and have lost funding from even their more ardent conservative allies.

James O' Keefe should be careful with his criminal record.......

Ok then. Guess Bannon's getting executed any day now.

Ok then. Guess Bannon's getting executed any day now.

Nah, he's busy licking his wounds after every single hard right politician he backed in Europe failed spectacularly after adopting his direction, and listening to his Evola and Guegnon worshiping fascist bullshit.

O' Keefe is and his org's purpose is to mislead, and that's why he's gotten busted for editing tapes like a cretin. Time is the enemy of freaks like O' Keefe, or someone like Richard Spencer. Let them do their thing, and in service of the right wing they'll burn down and show their true colors, like Spencer did when revealing his white supremacist leanings after pulling a Rudy Giuliani and not terminating a call.

Back