Social Fakebook sanctions violent threats against "dangerous individuals"?

It is in English. What are you on about? I posted the link, and a screen shot of the page after clicking on the link. Did you not see my screen shot, or do you think that is fake too?

EDIT: As of right now, the link I provided still takes you to Facebook's page, and it is in English.

https://web.archive.org/web/2019071...ook.com/communitystandards/credible_violence/

Can we get someone else in here to click on the link and verify it for us? Our senior moderator is having some technical difficulties at the moment, apparently.
Please don't bother dissembling. What's the point?

You posted a link. It's to an m.facebook site. That's the mobile site. The first thought passing through anyone's head is "Why use the mobile site for a link to the community standards?" So, a person interested in truth would refresh the link to see what happens. What happens is that the site comes up in Portuguese and requires a Google Translate to get to the English version.

So, the question that arises is "Why did this person supply a link to the Portuguese (or Brazilian) version of the mobile Facebook site?" "Why screenshot the translated page and not tell anyone that it's a translated page?"

Maybe most people aren't going to bother refreshing the page but why would you lie about something so easily checked?

Please don't bother dissembling. What's the point?

You posted a link. It's to an m.facebook site. That's the mobile site. The first thought passing through anyone's head is "Why use the mobile site for a link to the community standards?

Maybe because I was posting on my cell-phone????

Think about that real hard, genius.

So, a person interested in truth would refresh the link to see what happens. What happens is that the site comes up in Portuguese and requires a Google Translate to get to the English version.

It's not coming up in Portuguese. I don't know what in the world you are on about. It's in English. I showed the screenshot of the page after I clicked on it.

So let me get this straight. All these independent news sources all reported this, provided their own screenshots, and I provided a link and my own screenshot. And you think we are all collaborating in some vast right-wing conspiracy? Seriously?

k13lnq.jpg

So, the question that arises is "Why did this person supply a link to the Portuguese (or Brazilian) version of the mobile Facebook site?" "Why screenshot the translated page and not tell anyone that it's a translated page?"

Maybe most people aren't going to bother refreshing the page but why would you lie about something so easily checked?

I'm not lying. I provided the link. I don't know what third-world device you are using, but the link is to an archived page of Facebook's policy page and it is in English.

Thank you. And does it say exactly what I and others have reported, or is this a vast rightwing conspiracy?

It’s in English and says what you’re claiming, it also doesn’t turn to Portuguese when I hit the refresh button, it just reloads the same page, as usual.

It’s in English and says what you’re claiming, it also doesn’t turn to Portuguese when I hit the refresh button, it just reloads the same page, as usual.

Thank you, gents. You're all obviously liars though, and part of the vast rightwing conspiracy against Mark Suckerberg and the fine, upstanding folks at Fakebook.

Facebook can do whatever the fuck they want. You guys act like they are supposed to be held to some higher standard of value but they're a private corporation. It's a website where you post shit that no one cares about and then Facebook sells your data to other companies.

Facebook can do whatever the fuck they want. You guys act like they are supposed to be held to some higher standard of value but they're a private corporation. It's a website where you post shit that no one cares about and then Facebook sells your data to other companies.

Private companies typically don’t allow customers to incite violence on their property.

Thank you, gents. You're all obviously liars though, and part of the vast rightwing conspiracy against Mark Suckerberg and the fine, upstanding folks at Fakebook.

Pan would never make such insinuations. He's a staunch conservative, and was once elected to office as a Republican ya know. Don't let every single one of his posts fool you. He's a right winger.

It's in English when I click on it.
It's in English when you click on the link. When you refresh the page, it's not. The link is to the post-translation page.

EDIT: Not refresh the link at the browser, click the "Go" button in the webpage itself

Not the rfresh on your borwser, but the "Go" button on the page itself )nest to the date).

Pan would never make such insinuations. He's a staunch conservative, and was once elected to office as a Republican ya know. Don't let every single one of his posts fool you. He's a right winger.
Isn’t that that the Don Lemon tactic?

Anyways, I’ve just read that Facebook has now rescinded this change.

It is in English. What are you on about? I posted the link, and a screen shot of the page after clicking on the link. Did you not see my screen shot, or do you think that is fake too?

EDIT: As of right now, the link I provided still takes you to Facebook's page, and it is in English.

https://web.archive.org/web/2019071...ook.com/communitystandards/credible_violence/

Can we get someone else in here to click on the link and verify it for us? Our senior moderator is having some technical difficulties at the moment, apparently.

I saw both English and Portuguese. Not sure what the foreign language means. That's either from FB's site or it isn't. Seems to be it is.

I saw both English and Portuguese. Not sure what the foreign language means. That's either from FB's site or it isn't. Seems to be it is.

The policy was real. Multiple independent news sources reported it and provided screenshots. I took a screen shot. I left the link to the page in the OP.

Facebook then amended the policy, but the page was archived. Anyone who wants to see it can use the link to Fakebook’s official policy page (which is in the OP, or they can search it out themselves) and visit any website (like Wayback Machine) and view the archived page for themselves.

Our senior moderator is just a partisan leftist who can’t admit he/she/it was wrong. Everyone on earth has been able to use the link and view it for themselves, but ze/zhe/zit somehow magically can’t. Right.

@panamaican

Hey, bud. Just checking to see if you were ever able to figure out how to click on that link and verify the facts for yourself. Let us know if/when you are ever able to.

That is an opinion not based in fact. Furthermore, it was not the same screenshot. Each screenshot was captured independently.

If you had clicked on the link to Facebook’s official community standards page, you would have been able to verify for yourself that the story being reported by multiple outlets was true.

Let me guess, this is just a vast rightwing conspiracy to besmirch the outstanding reputation of Mark Suckerberg and the other apolitical, down the middle staff at the always politically neutral Facebook. Correct?
No, this is just man-babies throwing yet another tantrum when they don't get their way. Don't flatter yourself that you'd be invited to be a part of any vast rightwing conspiracy. Even the Trump administration would know better.

It doesn't surprise me that social networks think alt-right ideology and content are trash, because:
  1. 90% of the rest of the world thinks your ideas are garbage
  2. Most legitimate advertisers would not want their brand showing up next to your stupid bullshit
  3. "Mark Suckerberg" is perfectly within his rights to moderate his platform against hate speech, including Paul Joseph Watson. In fact, it's the smart thing to do.
I know you feed off the rush you get from deliberately misunderstanding the world around you, but it's most likely that a low-paid outsourced worker in Manila clicked the wrong button and a death threat against a bigot remained up. The world will somehow go on though.

For anyone doubting this story, you can still see the unaltered policy using the Wayback Machine’s earliest archive for today using the link I provided in the OP.

Here is the link for the intellectually dishonest leftists polluting this forum:

Click on it soon, the archived screenshots are being removed already.

k13lnq.jpg
Did you really watermark this image with your lame-ass avatar? OMG, so precious.

Back