Fake News = Fake Liberal

So if fake news isn't a thing, does that mean you guys just believe any old shit you see on the internet?

That would explain a lot actually.

AFAIK nobody is suggesting that. The main thing being proposed is for other sites (search engines, social media etc) to not boost traffic to these clearly fake news sites.... not have the government shut them down.

Although in the case specifically of ABCnews.com.co... (which is clearly posing as another established news site) yea I'd probably be in favor of shutting that site site down just under the principles of trademark/copyright fraud and such.

Again this is not a Left vs Right issue.

So you no longer support net neutrality then?

You want internet slow lanes, and internet fast lanes?

You want to allow the trojan horse to destroy the free internet instead?

Are you fucking serious?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering Obama and Clinton supported TPP, which required internet ID codes to use the internet.

Like I said, a bunch of fake liberals.

So if fake news isn't a thing, does that mean you guys just believe any old shit you see on the internet?

That would explain a lot actually.

I never said it wasn't a thing.

What I asked is what do you want to do about it?

What I have heard offered is Democrats becoming Republicans, and wanting to destroy net neutrality.

I don't have to explain them.

As you stated yourself unless they cause material harm, which is almost always part of a larger or more complex criminal act a lie alone cannot be illegal. And there is no reason lying should be illegal.

I'm not saying it should be illegal--just that it shouldn't and often doesn't get any special protection. It's vitally important to the functioning of a liberal nation that everyone is free to tell the truth to the best of his or her ability. Lies just have to be tolerated absent any material harm as a side effect of protecting truth-telling.

So you no longer support net neutrality then?

You want internet slow lanes, and internet fast lanes?

You want to allow the trojan horse to destroy the free internet instead?

Are you fucking serious?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering Obama and Clinton supported TPP, which required internet ID codes to use the internet.

Like I said, a bunch of fake liberals.

Google changing their search results does not equal a loss of net neutrality. They're their own company, they can do what they want. There's plenty of alternative search engines out there, and nobody is going to be slowing down the bandwidth for these fake news sites, which is the main issue behind net neutrality.

I've seen google offering to change their search results, and I've also heard mention of cutting advertising revenue to these sites as well, again by advertising companies who are allowed to do that if they wish. None of this equates to anyone attempting to destroy net neutrality.

Google changing their search results does not equal a loss of net neutrality. They're their own company, they can do what they want. There's plenty of alternative search engines out there, and nobody is going to be slowing down the bandwidth for these fake news sites, which is the main issue behind net neutrality.

I've seen google offering to change their search results, and I've also heard mention of cutting advertising revenue to these sites as well, again by advertising companies who are allowed to do that if they wish. None of this equates to anyone attempting to destroy net neutrality.

Then why are politicians and the media talking about it, and saying something needs to be done about fake news.

There is no need for a public discussion on this, if these private corporations already have the ability, and will to do this.

I don't give a fuck what Google does.

Liberals on the other hand, have no business calling for censorship and still claiming they are liberals, unless they are writing letters to Google lobbying for reform.

This shouldn't be coming out of the mouth of prominent Democratic party members, and it is, because this is an attempt to throw shade for the incompetence that was the DNC and Hillary Clinton.

This is Clinton and company scapegoating fake news for their failure. let's call a spade a spade here.

So, you're lying again?

2wAz8I4.png

Back