Fake News = Fake Liberal

Not remotely comparable to the blitz we saw after the election.

It was a hot topic before the election, and thus your assertion is definitively proven wrong.

"CNN is a right wing news outlet, that is biased in favor of Donald Trump."

- Jack V Savage

Clown.

If I'm a clown, why do you need to misquote me to make the case? Isn't that something that someone who knows he's full of shit would do?

It was a hot topic before the election, and thus your assertion is definitively proven wrong.

No it wasn't.

If I'm a clown, why do you need to misquote me to make the case? Isn't that something that someone who knows he's full of shit would do?

Yeah, it's not like there's a whole thread dedicated to the very topic that you firmly tightened your clown shoes in.

Oh wait, here it is:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/the-is-cnn-biased-post-poll-edition.3405295/#post-124185663

This is the part where you argue that my quote is not 100% accurate, and that I'm being "dishonest", and "immoral", and then claim some sort of victory.

Clown.

No it wasn't.

I already gave you links. It's a settled matter.

This is the part where you argue that my quote is not 100% accurate, and that I'm being "dishonest", and "immoral", and then claim some sort of victory.

Well, yeah. You lied straight up. My actual point is pretty clearly true, but your distorted version is not. That's the point of distorting a quote, isn't it?

That's the problem with the term. It doesn't discriminate. If it's "fake news" then it's all fake news.

They were opinion pieces, backed up by bullshit stories about the people being interviewed in the aftermath. A lot of articles were not presented as mere "speculation".

Like I said, this is only being focused on because Hillary lost. You have to be pretty naive to think that these kinds of outlets spreading misinformation, just sprang up for the 2016 election.

Oh, and look up the Clinton Murders. It's a trip.

Seems like that stuff falls under a similar category as the claims Sandy Hook was fake. CTs (opinions) based (loosely) on stuff that happened. That's not exactly fake news... sure its a form of misinformation but not the same as completely making up an event out of nowhere... or posing to be an established news source that you are not affiliated with.

CT's often require the reader to know lots of background on the story, and therefore require some sort of thinking about it.... not as effective as a fake news headline about something completely false which can misinform someone immediately if they weren't aware the source was untrustworthy.

Do you think it would be a bad thing to do something about those latter sites?

What if all of the news stories about fake news are actually fake news. Whoaaaaaaa mind blown!

I already gave you links. It's a settled matter.

It was already settled before you entered the thread. A few outlets talking about it, does not equal "hot topic". You're being dishonest and immoral with your definition of the term "hot topic", Jack.

The attack blitz on "fake news" didn't erupt until after your candidate lost the election, and her and the libby media needed a scapegoat. This is a fact to anyone who isn't dishonest and immoral like yourself.

Well, yeah. You lied straight up. My actual point is pretty clearly true, but your distorted version is not. That's the point of distorting a quote, isn't it?

Cool story, Clown.

It was already settled before you entered the thread.

Right. But I brought the evidence to the thread. So at this point, there's no way to dispute it (rationally anyway--you can always lash out angrily at people). As I said, I'm pretty sure you remember the issue before the election (you probably even talked about it), but for partisan reasons, you've completely forgotten about it. It's actually pretty fascinating the way that happens.

Also weird that anyone would be in favor of news outlets lying to rile up partisans and make money off suckers.

It's not illegal to lie.

Period. You try to censor these sites and you are delving into 1st ammendment crushing territory.

People need to be responsible for themselves. Not the governments job.

Dont believe everything you see or hear.

Be an adult. Research is your friend and its easier than ever now.

Right. But I brought the evidence to the thread. So at this point, there's no way to dispute it (rationally anyway--you can always lash out angrily at people). As I said, I'm pretty sure you remember the issue before the election (you probably even talked about it), but for partisan reasons, you've completely forgotten about it. It's actually pretty fascinating the way that happens.

More dishonest, immoral projection. Shame on you.

Clown.

It's not illegal to lie.

Period. You try to censor these sites and you are delving into 1st ammendment crushing territory.

People need to be responsible for themselves. Not the governments job.

Dont believe everything you see or hear.

Be an adult. Research is your friend and its easier than ever now.

Freedom of speech is the freedom to tell the truth to the best of your ability. Seems odd that anyone would think that there's a right to lie. Aside from that, though, I don't see anyone calling for the gov't to shut these outlets down. The call has been for signal boosters to exercise restraint.

More dishonest, immoral projection. Shame on you.

Clown.

You're coming off pretty pathetic here, TBH.

Freedom of speech is the freedom to tell the truth to the best of your ability. Seems odd that anyone would think that there's a right to lie. Aside from that, though, I don't see anyone calling for the gov't to shut these outlets down. The call has been for signal boosters to exercise restraint.

Your opening sentence here isnt factually accurate.

Its fine if you feel that way, but thats not at all what that means.

My statement is exactly why politicians are legally allowed to lie when they are campaigning.

This has been settled already in the courts.

Zinger!

The lack of self-awareness you possess is truly astonishing.

You made an obviously false claim, were called on it, and were presented with evidence proving it was false, and your response was to cry about another, completely unrelated thread. I feel sorry for you, but you always have it in you to try to improve.

Your opening sentence here isnt factually accurate.

How do you explain laws about, for example, fraud?

Lies are tolerated as long as they don't cause material harm, but they're not part of freedom of speech (that is, tolerating lies is a necessary evil if we want to protect people's right to tell the truth in most cases).

Last edited:
Why is this a liberal vs conservative thing?

Take this site for example...

ABCnews.com.co

This site is not affiliated with ABC News Television group/Disney ... yet its URL and logo mimic it. It has published many stories which were completely false, only to be debunked after they already went viral thanks to social media.

Regardless of the content of this site, and your political leaning, wouldn't you agree that sites like this exists simply to deceive people (and make money from ads doing so) ? Wouldn't you agree this a form of fraud that we should maybe think about dealing with?

It seems like the only reason this is is turning into a left vs right issue is because the fake news seems to be benefiting one side more than the other.

Ok, cool. Now what do you want to do about it?

Censor it?

Welcome to state approved media.

This is digusting for liberals to suggest because the ideological core of classic liberalism is against censorship. It is equivalent to the NAACP coming out in support of slavery because some one used their freedom to hurt people.

Ok, cool. Now what do you want to do about it?

Censor it?

Welcome to state approved media.

This is digusting for liberals to suggest because the ideological core of classic liberalism is against censorship. It is equivalent to the NAACP coming out in support of slavery because some one used their freedom to hurt people.

AFAIK nobody is suggesting that. The main thing being proposed is for other sites (search engines, social media etc) to not boost traffic to these clearly fake news sites.... not have the government shut them down.

Although in the case specifically of ABCnews.com.co... (which is clearly posing as another established news site) yea I'd probably be in favor of shutting that site site down just under the principles of trademark/copyright fraud and such.

Again this is not a Left vs Right issue.

How do you explain laws about, for example, fraud?

Lies are tolerated as long as they don't cause material harm, but they're not part of freedom of speech (that is, tolerating lies is a necessary evil if we want to protect people's right to tell the truth in most cases).

I don't have to explain them.

As you stated yourself unless they cause material harm, which is almost always part of a larger or more complex criminal act a lie alone cannot be illegal. And there is no reason lying should be illegal.

Back