Fake News CNN fact checks "Stop The Steal" Trump movement live

What's wrong with rage against the machine? Wtf brah.
loool, did you all see the video of Trump supporters dancing to RATM the other day? Dopes need to listen to the lyrics.

One woman was actually wearing a Blue Lives Matter flag and dancing around as Zack de la Rocha sang, "Some of those that work forces are the same that burn crosses."

Dude, there's probably 100's of thousands clips showing Biden/Bush/Clinton/Gore whatever voters being way worst. It's all bullshit that doesn't matter.

hiya Builder Burger,

its nice to meet you.

i remember four years ago, when the race was called for Mr. Trump. i was driving along the Blue Ridge Parkway, on my way to Boone.

Jill Stein was challenging the vote count in Wisconsin, and i was pretty bummed that the SCOTUS would end up being a rightwing court for the next quarter century with Donald as President. i found myself wishing that a lightening bolt would strike and there would be some finding that because the US electorate was manipulated by Russian interference, the race would be a do-over.

the thing is, i knew i was just dreaming. Mrs. Clinton lost, and i was just having trouble processing it at the time (since i knew what it would mean for the EPA and the courts). i knew i was just deluding myself because i was unhappy with the results.

lol.

there was a woman in the video the TS posted which said more or less the same thing. she said that she'd be happy if the entire election was just given a do-over. i feel her pain - but i'd have never said that stuff on camera; my self awareness would have inhibited me. its wretched.

these folks just gotta take the "L" and move on. that's life.

- IGIT

This video was cringey, but illuminating.

When the guy from CNN calmly and reasonably informs the man with the beard why his beliefs are wrong, "nah" is the response. Facebook posts full of misinformation and conspiracies drove them there - and it looks like a pretty large crowd - and fact checking doesn't work. They'll easily believe an election official posted a video where they're burning votes for Trump, but when it's explained why mail-in ballots went overwhelmingly for Biden suddenly they're skeptical. That one woman seemed reasonably intelligent, had some understanding of social media algorithms, but still failed to grasp how it influenced her.

Trumpism might be ill but these people are not going anywhere. All we can hope is they're converted to a new "cause" and that cause is not too awful. But they'll need it. They're still ripe for the picking.

hiya HOLA,

nice video. decent production values; lots of takes with long lenses and shallow depth of field. i was worried the portly reporter would get beaten up at some point.

i felt bad for those folks.

it must be strange to live between their ears. so much paranoia and so much conviction.

- IGIT

that’s been going on for awhile with fox.

and who is the arbitrator of truth? The media that allows what you can and can’t hear. that is scary shit.
and you think there is no truth because someone said so?
And they are censoring the presidents
Press conferences and most not even showing them at all? For the last year plus.

I can’t believe the public agrees with this. Social media warped people’s minds so badly they want an all powerful truth media god to tell them what they can and can’t hear.
Or this administration lies so much and about so many things that are easily fact checked that after airing a few of these lie filled misinformation pressers its an easy decision to not give them air time. Its not that the media are the great arbiters of truth, its they they have a responsibility to their viewers the present the accurate news. When someone is blatantly lying its the responsible thing to do to call out they lie. If anything they have not done it enough over the past 4 years because at a certain point it seems like they are just piling on but in reality when people in power lie especially the president and his press secretary it should be big news every time it happens. You can take any week during the last 4 years and find lies that would sink any other president or be major scandal's for weeks if not month but this jack ass does it at such a high rate it just gets glossed over and they move on to the next one.

Ahh, I wrote something about that, but I must have deleted it or some shit.

Christopher Steele was an MI6 agent who specialized in Russia. This isn't Jacob Wohl we're talking about. What he wrote in that dossier was absolutely worthy of being taken seriously, including the piss tape. Jane Mayer, one of the best investigative journalists in existence, also looked into the piss tape allegations. She found there was 4 different sources for it. This is what she wrote:

The allegation was attributed to four sources, but their reports were secondhand—nobody had witnessed the event or tracked down a prostitute, and one spoke generally about “embarrassing material.” Two sources were unconnected to the others, but the remaining two could have spoken to each other. In the reports Steele had collected, the names of the sources were omitted, but they were described as “a former top-level Russian intelligence officer still active inside the Kremlin,” a “member of the staff at the hotel,” a “female staffer at the hotel when Trump had stayed there,” and “a close associate of Trump who had organized and managed his recent trips to Moscow.”

Are you really trying to defend taking the pee tape seriously?

Are you really trying to defend taking the pee tape seriously?
4 different sources from such varied backgrounds is not insignificant.

The piss tape wasn't actually a golden shower, which is what it has become in a lot of peoples' minds. The Obamas had been guests at the hotel and spent the night in that bed. Trump had the prostitutes piss all over the bed as some sort of twisted joke to desecrate the Obamas. Do you think that's out of character for him? I don't think so.

Have you ever seen the video where he hires an Obama look alike, brings him to Trump Tower, and tries to humiliate him? lmao!
0fb088e257b644fe95ec37d5d13f1df6_md.jpg

If he's willing to do something that embarrassing knowing there are cameras there, what was he willing to do believing there are no cameras present?

yes and no. who else would show up to one of these "stop the steal" event? it's an event for idiots, by idiots. not once did they claim these people represent all trump voters.

ahoy KAZ,

i think it would have been interesting if the reporter followed up his questions with, "what do you think about the allegations that QAnon has made?"

depending on their answer, i'd be able to tell whether they were just die-hard partisans that were having trouble accepting this defeat...or if perhaps they were just idiots. insane idiots.

- IGIT

Imagine having the logic that one dumb guy being interviewed by CNN all the sudden makes CNN somehow credible.

hiya MoparOrNoCar,

it doesn't make CNN credible. it just discredits these varieties of Trump supporters.

it makes their claims - claims the POTUS and his son are also making - look ludicrous.

you can always find a low information lefty or a righty to look stupid on camera; its another thing when that low information voter being exposed for an idiot happens to be repeating what the POTUS is saying, verbatim.

- IGIT

Or this administration lies so much and about so many things that are easily fact checked that after airing a few of these lie filled misinformation pressers its an easy decision to not give them air time. Its not that the media are the great arbiters of truth, its they they have a responsibility to their viewers the present the accurate news. When someone is blatantly lying its the responsible thing to do to call out they lie. If anything they have not done it enough over the past 4 years because at a certain point it seems like they are just piling on but in reality when people in power lie especially the president and his press secretary it should be big news every time it happens. You can take any week during the last 4 years and find lies that would sink any other president or be major scandal's for weeks if not month but this jack ass does it at such a high rate it just gets glossed over and they move on to the next one.

I don’t know how old you are. ( the younger being the best compliment) but it doesn’t matter your political party or your opinions. When you silence those who express dissenting opinions that is the most frightening thing that could happen to this country.

I don’t know who the fact checkers are and neither do you.
But all politicians lie since the beginning of time.

everybody should be able to speak there opinion.
That’s what being liberal used to mean 20+ years ago.
Now you can not air a presidents speech or press conferences and people say there was maybe a mistruth so don’t show it?

Trump had about a million and one false claims about him all aired for years. No president has had the fbi and investigated so deep in there ass and nothing ever came of it.

it’s really scary when a person shakes up the establishment and carry these false stories from Russian ties to Steele dossier to pissgate.
And false stories
Ran for years. And you’re thinking that the false stories that weren’t true would sink anyone’s presidency. Well of course if they were true.

and that’s ok to run with for years and at the end of it a small oops. Then on to race baiting and sexism.
I’m really surprised people can’t see this for what it is.

I guess the guy who’s been at it for 5 decades worth 10s of millions for public office is the right guy for change. sespite doing nothing for 5 decades.

No matter what your opinions are. Let them speak.
I mean a lot of people don’t think abortion ends a life and they can speak. And that’s fine.

but to think the media censors the president from the airwaves and a lot of people can’t spot the agenda is pretty eye opening. I don’t care the party. You show the president speak.

and as a general rule. Any human in this country should be allowed speak. And apparently that’s up for debate now. Yikes.

And media and social media are the arbitrators of truth.
They won’t let you hear differening opinions.
And if you haven’t noticed it’s slightly tilted to one side.

another edit. List me the things that Trump has done that has impacted the country negatively.

I don’t know how old you are. ( the younger being the best compliment) but it doesn’t matter your political party or your opinions. When you silence those who express dissenting opinions that is the most frightening thing that could happen to this country.

I do not disagree that dissenting opinions should be out there but the news networks do not have the responsibility to give all opinions equal air time. You don't see flat earthers and anti vaxers getting main stream media attention because its dangerous and unnecessary to validate them by giving them an equal platform to spew their bull shit.

I don’t know who the fact checkers are and neither do you.
But all politicians lie since the beginning of time.

This is also true but you can be a fact checker yourself with many of the lies Trump and his minions throw out there. For example the middle class tax cuts that he promised right before the midterm elections. He said he was going to put in a 10% middle class tax cut in a week or two after the election. Congress was on vacation making this impossible and there was no plans to do this at all, just a blatant lie to gain votes from stupid people that believe anything he says.

“We’re putting in a resolution some time in the next week and a half to two weeks [and] we’re giving a middle-income tax reduction of about 10 percent,” Trump tells reporters at the White House.
Congress is in recess until after the election, but Trump dismissed the idea that he would try to use an executive order. “I’m going through Congress,” he said.
But congressional leaders and White House officials who have spoken to several news outlets in recent days have all said they know nothing about any plans for a tax cut before the midterm election.

Its lies like this that he put out time and time again that lead the networks to limit what they show. After someone shows you that they are going to lie and spread misinformation over and over you cant blame the news for not covering and thus spreading the lies to their viewers.

everybody should be able to speak there opinion.
That’s what being liberal used to mean 20+ years ago.
Now you can not air a presidents speech or press conferences and people say there was maybe a mistruth so don’t show it?

Everybody should be able to speak their opinion, but everybody does not deserve the same coverage. The crazy homeless guy outside my store yelling has opinions, they dont get covered because he's fucking crazy and they are not worth disseminating. The president should be covered and reported on, and he is and was, but after several years of nothing but lies the news has to change how they cover someone like that. No politician has ever been this obvious in their lies or had the frequency of lies as Trump so it has presented a new set of challenges on reporting on him. If a president is on tv saying the sky is green and the earth is flat isn't reasonable to assume the news is going to cut away and tell its viewers that, no in fact the sky is blue and the earth is round?

Trump had about a million and one false claims about him all aired for years. No president has had the fbi and investigated so deep in there ass and nothing ever came of it.

Were they false claims though? The muller report found plenty of incriminating evidence against him and his inner circle he just wasn't able to indict him because hes a sitting president and their was no precedent to indict him. Listing him as and unindicted co conspirator would be damning for anyone not named Trump. They but the ball in the court of the congress to do their job and because they are all partisan hacks they neglected their duties and did nothing.

it’s really scary when a person shakes up the establishment and carry these false stories from Russian ties to Steele dossier to pissgate.
And false stories
Ran for years. And you’re thinking that the false stories that weren’t true would sink anyone’s presidency. Well of course if they were true.

Again, they don't look like false stories they look like the people with the power to do something about them decided they were too scared of Trump to do the right thing.

and that’s ok to run with for years and at the end of it a small oops. Then on to race baiting and sexism.
I’m really surprised people can’t see this for what it is.

I guess the guy who’s been at it for 5 decades worth 10s of millions for public office is the right guy for change. sespite doing nothing for 5 decades.

I don't love Biden, I don't thing anyone in their 70's should have the level of responsibility that come along with being president. I don't get that argument though about being a politician for 50 years and never getting anything done from Trump supporters. When was America great? It was most likely when Biden was in politics right? or has America not been great in the last 50 years. America sure has not seemed great for the last 4 years with unprecedented levels of division and social unrest due to the President himself stoking the flames of division.

No matter what your opinions are. Let them speak.
I mean a lot of people don’t think abortion ends a life and they can speak. And that’s fine.

but to think the media censors the president from the airwaves and a lot of people can’t spot the agenda is pretty eye opening. I don’t care the party. You show the president speak.

and as a general rule. Any human in this country should be allowed speak. And apparently that’s up for debate now. Yikes.

And media and social media are the arbitrators of truth.

I can see that its tough for the social media companies. What are they supposed to do? One side puts out 90% of the ads and post that lie, use doctored photos and videos and misinformation articles so when they are flag them as such the right freaks out and says "why are you only censoring one side?!" Well because one side puts out the VAST majority of bull shit.

They won’t let you hear differening opinions.
And if you haven’t noticed it’s slightly tilted to one side.

another edit. List me the things that Trump has done that has impacted the country negatively.
The first thing he did was give a trillion dollar tax cut the billion dollar corporations that they didn't need and that didn't improve our economy at all. They just bought back stock, he even admitted that he didn't like that, thats what they did with the money.
He made us the laughing stock of the world (see video proof above)
He got rid of a bunch of emissions standards agreements that were already in place just becasue Obama did them. All the car companies already agreed to them and this is the kind of stuff that actually brings good jobs to America. More efficient cars require R&D (good jobs) updating car manufacturing plants (good jobs) and make the world a better place (good for everyone)
He brought racism back into the main stream and had the worst COVID response in the industrialized world.

I would suggest you watch the video. Don’t just read headlines. Just watch it for yourself and you will see the problem and agenda.
And watch when he cuts it off. Then literally 40 seconds later gives true examples of fraud or irregularities.

So just judge for yourself. Never in the history of the country to you cut off speech mid sentence of an accusation and then don’t show what she is talking about 40 seconds later.

the media knows they will believe what they are told.

I don’t care what the party You should be worried about this type of news coverage which is censorship.
This is the White House press secretary on the election.

not joe shmo

Cnn burned their good faith with the American people, they are no longer trusted unless they provide insurmountable proof

Here's Fox news cutting away from blatant lies. Good for them and how funny is it how fast everyone is abandoning Trump as soon as he has no more power

I think that's a pretty cynical way to view things. They supported him when he was the legally elected President, and now that he's actively undermining the same democratic system that got him there simply because this time around the people voted him out, they are rebuking him as anti-democratic.

I would hope that's what anyone would do regardless of party affiliation.

Trumpers subsisted on liberal tears for 4 years while telling everyone Trump was a winner AND moaning about anything they could.

I'm not calling half the country idiots. I'm calling hardcore Trumpers idiots, because you are. You're all those idiots dancing to Rage Against the Machine, and always were.

There's a reason there was dancing and celebration in the streets around the developed world for days when it was announced Trump wouldn't be reelected. That wasn't 3 cheers for Biden, that was 3 get the fuck outs for Trump. Don't forget that, boyo.

Oh sweetie.
I tried to be nice.
I wasn’t a “trumpeter”. I was just glad we didn’t have to go to war any more with him as President.

I would love to bet you how long before some Iran shit suddenly goes down and ISIS comes back.

You got complacent because there were no wars. Now you’re going to say they’re necessary.

I have one thing to say Biden won get over it. It was not even close go away.

Oh sweetie.
I tried to be nice.
I wasn’t a “trumpeter”. I was just glad we didn’t have to go to war any more with him as President.

I would love to bet you how long before some Iran shit suddenly goes down and ISIS comes back.

You got complacent because there were no wars. Now you’re going to say they’re necessary.
I hate to break the news to you ISIS still a problem we added troops in Iraq and we now worry that Russia could be seeking a foothold in Syria. We are selling more weapons to the Saudis hardly the perfect results. I want us out of these problems and I want us to stop bombing Yemen.

EDIT: Mitch McConnell gave Trump a timeline of Dec to figure out what to do.

We will have an honest president in January.....

Back