Fake News CNN fact checks "Stop The Steal" Trump movement live

This video was cringey, but illuminating.

When the guy from CNN calmly and reasonably informs the man with the beard why his beliefs are wrong, "nah" is the response. Facebook posts full of misinformation and conspiracies drove them there - and it looks like a pretty large crowd - and fact checking doesn't work. They'll easily believe an election official posted a video where they're burning votes for Trump, but when it's explained why mail-in ballots went overwhelmingly for Biden suddenly they're skeptical. That one woman seemed reasonably intelligent, had some understanding of social media algorithms, but still failed to grasp how it influenced her.

Trumpism might be ill but these people are not going anywhere. All we can hope is they're converted to a new "cause" and that cause is not too awful. But they'll need it. They're still ripe for the picking.

This “fact-check” thing is ridiculous. Reminds me of the “ministry of truth” from an Orwell novel.

"question everything"

Well lady that precisely what led a good chunk of americans to be flat earthers and anti vaxxers

Trump is a known grifter. I wouldn't be surprised if he's using the donations from his folk to cover campaign costs and eventually start his own news outlet that his poor rubes will buy into.

That's actually exactly what he's doing. In emails sent to fundraise for legal actions regarding the election there's fine print at the bottom that says up to 50% can be used to pay campaign debt.

https://www.salon.com/2020/11/09/fi...says-money-will-be-used-to-pay-campaign-debt/

CNN's betrayed people's trust once too often. You can't expect people to take them at face value.
They have, unfortunately, displayed little respect for their own role.
America needs a free press.

But take random tiktok, youtube and facebook posts at face value?

Trump is a known grifter. I wouldn't be surprised if he's using the donations from his folk to cover campaign costs and eventually start his own news outlet that his poor rubes will buy into.

The small print of his latest "legal challenge" donation begging letters specifically state that 50% of the donation will be used for existing campaign debt instead of the legal costs.

John Oliver talked about it on his show.

Last edited:
The small print of his latest "legal challenge" donation begging letters specifically state that 50% of the donation will be used for existing campaign debt instead if the legal costs.

John Oliver talked about it on his show.
I don’t always make charitable donations, but when I do, it’s to help billionaires pay off their debts before my own

But take random tiktok, youtube and facebook posts at face value?

If America had a free press, people wouldn't be scraping barrel bottoms looking for truth.
What's hard to understand about that?

If America had a free press, people wouldn't be scraping barrel bottoms looking for truth.
What's hard to understand about that?
If wherever the fuck you’re from wasnt such a shit hole, you’d be more interested in your own affairs than ours.

I'm not a fan of CNN but that was a really reasonable and well done video.

This “fact-check” thing is ridiculous. Reminds me of the “ministry of truth” from an Orwell novel.
What are you talking about lol?

What did they get wrong exactly in that segment?
How about plastering on the screen that it's misinformation even though there's witnesses to the contrary. Sure some of the things might be misinformation but they didn't debunk every aspect of voter fraud. They didn't debunk the distance that the observers were viewing from, or the whistleblowers that have come forward about the ballot counting process being done incorrectly.

So their graphic heading is misinformation about misinformation. It should be something like: Stop the steal has certain aspects of misinformation. The graphic they have used is saying that ALL INFORMATION out there about voter fraud is misinformation.

This video was cringey, but illuminating.

When the guy from CNN calmly and reasonably informs the man with the beard why his beliefs are wrong, "nah" is the response. Facebook posts full of misinformation and conspiracies drove them there - and it looks like a pretty large crowd - and fact checking doesn't work. They'll easily believe an election official posted a video where they're burning votes for Trump, but when it's explained why mail-in ballots went overwhelmingly for Biden suddenly they're skeptical. That one woman seemed reasonably intelligent, had some understanding of social media algorithms, but still failed to grasp how it influenced her.

Trumpism might be ill but these people are not going anywhere. All we can hope is they're converted to a new "cause" and that cause is not too awful. But they'll need it. They're still ripe for the picking.

So you’re saying CNN is the lefts project veritas. Ok.

Well, you have it flipped as the Ministry of Truth was the propaganda wing of the gov, not a private org challenging the gov propaganda.

The mainstream media and tech companies have close correspondence with the democrats.

The mainstream media and tech companies have close correspondence with the democrats.
Tech companies are corporations trying to make money. They have a responsibility to maximise share price. They are trying to avoid liability. They arent loyal to political ideology

Why do people keep posting CNN videos here? Its like some weird fetish. Like yeah, some people watch Inforwars are a guilty pleasure too, but they aren't spamming Infowars links 5x a day.

Its exactly what it is. As we have seen with Covid, medical doctors and academic scientists have been censored because a faceless blue-haired intern at Twitter "fact checked" them.

Tech companies are corporations trying to make money. They have a responsibility to maximise share price. They are trying to avoid liability. They arent loyal to political ideology

They clearly are. Twitter, YouTube, Facebook often censor conservative voices and allow leftist voices.

Back