Fake Cleto Reyes

I agree with Thomas I did not see any irregular things

picture.php

Yes I own a pair or two.

I'm not saying those gloves are definitely real. I'm saying I can't see based on the photo that they are indeed knock offs.

Beautiful gloves.

If you compare your gloves to the ones on eBay you will see huge differences on:
- Shape of the striking surface
- Length of the gloves
- Distribution of the padding on the palm
- Type of piping/trimmings used

CRTGD_2_w600.jpeg

Etc, etc

Last edited:
Beautiful gloves.

If you compare your gloves to the ones on eBay you will see huge differences on:
- Shape of the striking surface
- Length of the gloves
- Distribution of the padding on the palm
- Type of piping/trimmings used

CRTGD_2_w600.jpeg

Etc, etc

Thanks. Personally that's why I only buy from official/authorized sources. The extra cost I consider as peace of mind.

as said above definitely fake, absolutely obvious... yet many are buying them.
not a big fan of gold, but those reyes are awesome

Before I bought it I thought it was too flashy too. Then I thought hell I got too many boring black gloves -- gotta have some fun! It's not reflective, just a slight sheen. Noticeable but not gaudy. Used it for 40 mins yesterday on the bag. Works wonderful!

Before I bought it I thought it was too flashy too. Then I thought hell I got too many boring black gloves -- gotta have some fun! It's not reflective, just a slight sheen. Noticeable but not gaudy. Used it for 40 mins yesterday on the bag. Works wonderful!

I've seen the goldies in person before and Thomas is right, they're not THAT crazy. Cleto Reyes' silver chrome on the other hand (pun squarely intended)... :eek:

Anybody else notice that the segmented cuff looks too "square"?

Not only that, but I noticed a huge difference in the stitching.

Real
Yellow%20Reyes.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Fake
Fake%20Reyes.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Hey guys,
I'm new, so I cannot start a new post yet, but I think I got burned on used Cleto Reyes cheeck protector headgear. Kind of bizarre--got it off of a guy for about USD 120 who had just got them (supposedly), but had an injury. This version is black, genuine leather, seems very well made BUT it has a lace-up back, so no hook and loop and the tags on the inside are in English. More worrying is that the "L" tag is inside next to the English tag saying that boxing is dangerous, this doesn't prevent injuries, etc. Under the "L" tag it says... Made in Pakistan.

Dammit.

So it's a fake?

Seems really well done though, very comfortable. Good protection, vision, etc.

Any chance in hell that it's the real deal--and old model--and they somehow went cheap on... tags?

Thanks--and greetings to everyone.

K

Hey guys,
I'm new, so I cannot start a new post yet, but I think I got burned on used Cleto Reyes cheeck protector headgear. Kind of bizarre--got it off of a guy for about USD 120 who had just got them (supposedly), but had an injury. This version is black, genuine leather, seems very well made BUT it has a lace-up back, so no hook and loop and the tags on the inside are in English. More worrying is that the "L" tag is inside next to the English tag saying that boxing is dangerous, this doesn't prevent injuries, etc. Under the "L" tag it says... Made in Pakistan.

Dammit.

So it's a fake?

Seems really well done though, very comfortable. Good protection, vision, etc.

Any chance in hell that it's the real deal--and old model--and they somehow went cheap on... tags?

Thanks--and greetings to everyone.

K

they somehow went "cheap on tags" in that they found that tags with "Made in Pakistan" were somehow inexplicably cheaper for them than tags saying "Hecho En Mexico" and to save a few bucks, they, at their workshop in Mexico, decided to go with the Made In Pakistan tags for a bit? sounds entirely plausible

no they're not Cleto Reyes if it says made in Pakistan on them

Yeah. That's what I figured. But oddly, I have to admit that whoever made this bogus copy did a great job. Great leather, protection and I like the lace back and five point lace top... but I'm irritated that I grabbed something counterfeit.

K

Trying to upload, but the pics too big. The Made in Pakistan bit is hidden under the little L tag, but there you go. Quicker giveaway was the laces on the back instead of the straps and the English tag inside. Oh well. Pretty well done headgear even if it is not Cleto Reyes. Might even keep it. Or maybe I'll try to get the guy to to take it back.

Back to this--I talked to Cleto Reyes. They looked at the pics, confirmed (as expected) that this is a fake. Oddly, the headgear really feels nice and doesn't move. I may just keep it!

Back to this--I talked to Cleto Reyes. They looked at the pics, confirmed (as expected) that this is a fake. Oddly, the headgear really feels nice and doesn't move. I may just keep it!
You don't have any recourse to the seller, ebay, paypal, etc

Back