Fake black belts?

Those purple belts are not having to worry about getting punched. MMA is a totally different thing than a sport jiu jitsu match; especially when you start getting to the large guys.
I'm only referring to brown/purple in BJJ. Off the top of my head: when Diaz was a purple on TUF, Tony Ferg, fuck plenty of dudes actively pursue subs like kimura, arm bar, triangle on the ground... like frequently. Then some times there are these black belts that don't do shit.

It seems to happen A LOT. I mean, for fuck's sake. Did feijao do ANY BJJ fundamentals? Why not even a hail mary triangle when he had control of OSP's arms in the final minute? So peculiar, that's a bad look on Nog (who gave the black belt).

"Getting a black belt from the Nogeira brothers is like getting a free toy in your happy meal"

How many dudes just slap "black belt in BJJ" on their credentials just to intimidate opponents? No way in hell Rafael Feijao is a legit black belt with any merit. Same can be said for A LOT of fighters in the UFC. There are brown/purple belts that chain submissions and sub attempts better than a handful of these "black belts".

he did train with the Nog brothers, and they got their black belts from a happy meal

Back