Fairtex Training Gloves for sparring?

Those gloves are definitely the opposite of what you're looking for. They're for bag/mitt work & MAYBE some light sparring.

I almost bought them a week ago but Combat Sports was out of the 16 oz'ers. They only had 12, 14, & 18.

If you want Fairtex for sparring, get these instead:

Fairtex Safety Training Gloves from Combatsports.com

Those gloves are definitely the opposite of what you're looking for. They're for bag/mitt work & MAYBE some light sparring.

I almost bought them a week ago but Combat Sports was out of the 16 oz'ers. They only had 12, 14, & 18.

If you want Fairtex for sparring, get these instead:

Fairtex Safety Training Gloves from Combatsports.com

damm those ones are kinda pricy. i just love the white gloves haha. If we had headgear would it be okay for sparring?

you could spar with those if you got the 18 oz. The leather on them is probably pretty hard since they are bag gloves so I would not recommend sparring in anything less than 16 oz.

They're a hard glove altogether and I really wouldn't suggest sparring in them - unless your partner is sleeping with your girl... then it's a bit different. They're not going to be nice on anyone's face with or without headgear.

Full Contact Outlet

They're a hard glove altogether and I really wouldn't suggest sparring in them - unless your partner is sleeping with your girl... then it's a bit different. They're not going to be nice on anyone's face with or without headgear.

Full Contact Outlet

Yesterday sparred with a cop whose only gloves are the Cleto Reyes bag gloves, he slipped a right in on me and I really felt the difference. It wasn't too bad getting hit by bag gloves over MMA gloves or even regular 16oz, but lets just say a good portion of my headgear took a good brunt of the punch.

I don't know if anything was drastically changed with the new models, but I've tried some of those gloves when they had them in blue/black/red. They are definitely OK for sparring. Maybe not the most optimal, but if you're sparring light to moderate w/headgear, they are more than adequate. They ain't no Cletos, that's for sure.

Uh did I miss something? Training gloves =/= bag gloves, you can still spar with training gloves, they still provide adequate padding.

Back