Fairtex Super Bag Gloves on Sale! Also, Grant Competition Style Headgear on Sale!

Man I missed out, I hope they get some more in stock and have a sale going on the Super Bag Gloves again!

looking to get those fairtex professional sparring gloves for that price but are they really for sparring? Describes more like a training glove. Any have experience with them? looking to start sparring. finally have the nerve to. thanks!

On every other site, they say "Not recommended for sparring", so I guess they are just for pads and bags.

yeah, i saw some of the sites, but why the hell are they called sparring gloves? guess i should just read some of the other reviews on sparring gloves and check those out. just saw the price and was interested since i see that fairtex gets great reviews.

They're only called sparring gloves on the CombatSports site. On all other sites they seem to be called training gloves.

Mine will be arriving within the next few days. Anxious to see if they're sparring compatible or not.

They just arrived in the mail, and they are effing gigantic. I was hoping by 18oz (they only had 12, 14, and 18oz), they meant more padding for "sparring", but in fact they are just very, very big bag gloves.

I bought them initially with the intention of possibly sparring with them, and if that wasn't the case, using them for bag work. I guess these are the gloves that get bigger as oz increases; I can't use them for anything because of the size.

Great quality otherwise.

I'm fairly disappointed that CombatSports advertised them as sparring gloves, when they aren't really. Even every other site had stated that they're not recommended for sparring.

EDIT: If exchanging for 12oz, I will do a proper review on those, as bag gloves. However, this is a lose-lose situation for me. Shipping cost me $10, even with 20% off. To exchange, I will have to ship again.

EDIT2: Contacted customer service, told them my situation, and they pretty much said, "These gloves can be used for many purposes. They can be used for bags and sparring, but we don't recommend both." They didn't address either of my real concerns, at all...

Anyone else ever have problems with CombatSports?

Last edited:
well little disappointed with the fairtex gloves i purchased during the sale. They felt great, but I noticed that the "leather" material in the palm area of the right glove appeared thinner compared to the other glove. Well today the palm area ripped, the glove is still usable since the leather in that area is backed by another type of material. Although the gloves are still usable, it still really disappoints me since Fairtex is held to such high regard, and these gloves really have been put to minimal use since they share bag glove duty with my Boon.

Will be emailing Ringside to get there input

well little disappointed with the fairtex gloves i purchased during the sale. They felt great, but I noticed that the "leather" material in the palm area of the right glove appeared thinner compared to the other glove. Well today the palm area ripped, the glove is still usable since the leather in that area is backed by another type of material. Although the gloves are still usable, it still really disappoints me since Fairtex is held to such high regard, and these gloves really have been put to minimal use since they share bag glove duty with my Boon.

Will be emailing Ringside to get there input

Well, that sucks and I am sorry to hear that. Did you get the HBG9's or the BGL7's that "Brokennose" got? I do not have the HBG9's, but posted the sale information because, they were a really good price. I have lots of other Fairtex products, several pairs of BGV1's, their HB6 MT Bag, their MT shorts, SP3 Pro Shin Pads, etc... and the quality is all exceptionally good. Those HBG9 Super Bag Gloves seem to have received some mixed reviews, which disappoints me, because Fairtex has a reputation for quality.

Ringside has a 90 day warranty on their gloves, which should extend to their Fairtex products, because they are an Authorized dealer for Fairtex. Hopefully, they can do something for you.

:icon_chee

Last edited:
Yea im hoping Ringside will help out with the situation. Here is a picture of the damage

fairtex.jpg

according to ringside they won't have any windy or fairtex gloves in stock until January at the earliest...

Back