Fairtex Super Bag Gloves on Sale! Also, Grant Competition Style Headgear on Sale!

Really now? How so?

What do you say about the Fairtex Superbags?

This is what bag gloves are supposed to look like
rebg.jpg

Not those over-inflated pillows weighing 10+ oz that only Americans seem to buy.

Really now? How so?

I am pretty sure it was the thin, crappy, non existent wrist support, wrap around hook and loop (under the roll down cuff) velcro closure strap "Mumrik" hated about the Fairtex Safety Training Gloves. There should be a review he did on those, on here somewhere.

The Fairtex Superbag Gloves have a closure system similar to the BGV1's, and completely different than the Fairtex Safety Gloves Training Gloves.

:icon_chee

Really now? How so?

I bought the 18oz version of the safety gloves for ~40 a while back and dislike them. The hand compartment is too big, the leather feels "plasticy", the wrist support is horrible (lousy tiny strap) and the elastic cover is annoying. Unless the 16oz version is markedly different I'd recommend jumping on the IMF special edition bandwagon for 10 bucks more if you want a glove of that style.

For reference I'm 6'2

Oh yeah, does anyone have any experience with these??

Thai Style Training Gloves by Throwdown-Combatsports.com

They seem like they're high quality and they're on sale for $40 which seems like a good deal.

i just ordered a set, they look very similar to my combatsports thai style sparring glove. Ive had them since back in 2006 and they've held up pretty well.. great wrist support. once i receive the throwdown gloves, i'll put up a review.

just got home from training...these gloves are keepers!! They are definitely replacing my Boon gloves as the "go to" bag/mitt gloves. The roomy hand compartment and loose wrist strap was all remedied by using hand wraps. These gloves just feel right for pad work. Guess that should be expected by using dedicated bag gloves. Although I did not use my Boon gloves for sparring, just pad work. But the Boon gloves I guess is considered a multi purpose glove. For sparring I use the Ringside IMF gloves that I also got at Ringside on sale for $35!!

As for my size.. I am 6'0 roughly 220 on the husky side with average size hands!! I say for $35 its a great buy!

So I finally caved in and purchased a pair, $35 + free shipping for quality gloves is hard to pass up. Looks like i'm not eating for a week lol.

Thanks for the short writeup acsubie, i'll be sure to add my experiences with them as well when I receive them. Speaking of which, approximately how long did shipping take from order confirmation to doorstep delivery?

Last edited:
So I finally caved in and purchased a pair, $35 + free shipping for a quality glove is hard to pass up. Looks like i'm not eating for a week lol.

Thanks for the short writeup acsubie, i'll be sure to add my experiences with them as well when I receive them. Speaking of which, approximately how long did shipping take from order confirmation to doorstep delivery?

2 days from the day they shipped. Shipped day after placing order

Just got my Fairtex Super Bag Gloves yesterday and they are incredible. I'm going to give them a test run during training tomorrow and see how they perform.

If anyone is interested in these gloves, I could post a review complete with pics.

Just got my Fairtex Super Bag Gloves yesterday and they are incredible. I'm going to give them a test run during training tomorrow and see how they perform.

If anyone is interested in these gloves, I could post a review complete with pics.

Hey, a review with photos would be great! Thanks.

:icon_chee

That is a really good deal. Let me know what you think of them. If they were strictly sparring I'd get them, but they call them sparring but describe them as bag gloves.

coulda saved on shipping, pretty sure theres a free shipping code listed somewhere in this thread

Aw shit.

Aw another shit. It says not recommended for sparring. Maybe I should've just gotten the 14oz one for bag/pad work.

Iono, 18oz, but not recommended for sparring? Would it be alright to spar with them anyways? I'm sure I don't hit hard enough to cause any discomfort at all.

EDIT: Just canceled and re-ordered with 20% promo code, so total is about $47 with handwraps and shipping. Still got the 18oz, and if it ends up being unusable for sparring, I'll just use them as my bag/pad gloves.

Last edited:
Nice sale and a pair of Fairtex gloves we rarely hear about around here... I didn't know there was a 20% code floating around for CSI.

"mls1" is the code I used. I just googled it and it came up, and worked.

Back