Fairtex Super Bag Gloves on Sale! Also, Grant Competition Style Headgear on Sale!

I wonder what the deal is with these gloves. This is the third time in two or three years now that I've seen them on sale for $35 from Ringside. Back when I bought my Fairtex safety gloves for 40 bucks they were at that price too. It's some sort or regular thing for them.

Yeah, and it sure is nice for the customer. Some excellent deals when they have them. Ringside and CSI are sister stores, and also authorized Fairtex dealers. I think they carry a very large warehouse inventory, that from time to time they probably like to rotate out. Hence the sales.

:icon_chee

I'm really tempted to pick up a pair of these as i've been in the market for new gloves. I've been working focus mitts and thai pads exclusively due to me being the hospital 2 months back. No sparring for awhile, doctors orders. My problem is that i'm a thick dude at 210lbs and 5'9" and 12oz seems a little light even though i know bag gloves tend to be used at lighter weights.

Any thoughts?

I'm really tempted to pick up a pair of these as i've been in the market for new gloves. I've been working focus mitts and thai pads exclusively due to me being the hospital 2 months back. No sparring for awhile, doctors orders. My problem is that i'm a thick dude at 210lbs and 5'9" and 12oz seems a little light even though i know bag gloves tend to be used at lighter weights.

Any thoughts?

Same here but they are only bag gloves and with proper hand wraps I think you and I will be ok.

Such a great deal

geez, the shipping to Toronto is freakin $58!!! And I tried applying the NSF1 code, but maybe its just for the US.

Seriously, 58 dollars for shipping? a bit ridiculous, and there is no other shipping option

Same here but they are only bag gloves and with proper hand wraps I think you and I will be ok.

Such a great deal

Thanks for the input. Thats another concern I have, i've read in other posts/reviews that these gloves are on the snug side for guys with fairly large hands. Some claimed that they are almost unusable on big hands+wraps.

Last edited:
geez, the shipping to Toronto is freakin $58!!! And I tried applying the NSF1 code, but maybe its just for the US.

Seriously, 58 dollars for shipping? a bit ridiculous, and there is no other shipping option

F that. That's a whole other set of gloves! Hell, $10 more and you can get two pairs! Walk that across the border.

Fuuuuuuck!

I just thought I'd found something to use my Ringside certificate on, but they were already sold out... They had Cleto Reyes Limited Edition Training Gloves for 70 bucks at some point :(

Fuuuuuuck!

I just thought I'd found something to use my Ringside certificate on, but they were already sold out... They had Cleto Reyes Limited Edition Training Gloves for 70 bucks at some point :(

The Fairtex Super Bag gloves are already sold out!?

It seems like it can still be placed in my shopping cart, unless the website hasn't been updated to reflect the inventory change.

If it is, I share your feelings...fuuuuuuuck.

The Fairtex Super Bag gloves are already sold out!?

It seems like it can still be placed in my shopping cart, unless the website hasn't been updated to reflect the inventory change.

If it is, I share your feelings...fuuuuuuuck.

nonono, I'm sure they aren't. They don't have my interest though, but Cletos for 70 bucks would have been very nice.

i may have to buy those gloves as well. too good of a deal.

ecs, what do youthink of the windy gloves. fairtex available still but just wondering. sucks i missed out on the headgear

CSI is having a blowout sale also. Here are some other things that I found:

Elite Molded Foam Training Gloves by Throwdown-Combatsports.com These are on sale for $45 dollars, and I'm pretty sure they are rebranded IMF Tech gloves but with a HOOK-AND-LOOP closure and NOT elastic, so that might be a plus.

Thai Style Training Gloves by Throwdown-Combatsports.com Throwdown Thai Style Training gloves on sale for $40

Fairtex Safety Sparring Gloves-Combatsports.com
Fairtex Safety Sparring gloves on sale for $30

Fuuuuuuck!

Was that the green/ white/ red tri-colored ones?

Last edited:
ecs, what do youthink of the windy gloves. fairtex available still but just wondering. sucks i missed out on the headgear

I have never had the Windy gloves. Some people seem to like them, some don't, but that could be said about just about any gloves. The ones in this recent thread definitely look nice. I am tempted to try a pair.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f16/fake-windy-gloves-help-muaythaifactory-com-1280329/

Maybe someone who owns some can jump in here, and let you know what they think of theirs.

Was that the green/ white/ red tri-colored ones?

Exactly, except they actually had them (supposedly) in three different tri-color combinations... sigh...

Anyone receive their order of the Fairtex Super Bag gloves yet? I'm curious to see some pics and possibly a brief review before I pull the trigger.

Anyone receive their order of the Fairtex Super Bag gloves yet? I'm curious to see some pics and possibly a brief review before I pull the trigger.

I got mine, will be using them for 1st time in a couple hours. Look and feel like quality gloves. Hand compartment is on the roomy side, but im sure hand wraps will cure that. They are more "short cuffed" of a glove than im accustomed to and also seems like I really really have to tighten the elastic on them in order to have them secure on my wrist. Other than that a no brainer at $35 for an extra set of gloves

I got mine, will be using them for 1st time in a couple hours. Look and feel like quality gloves. Hand compartment is on the roomy side, but im sure hand wraps will cure that. They are more "short cuffed" of a glove than im accustomed to and also seems like I really really have to tighten the elastic on them in order to have them secure on my wrist. Other than that a no brainer at $35 for an extra set of gloves

Thanks for the prompt reply acsubie! Just for sizing and fit reference, what is your height/weight/build? I'm 5'9", 210lbs, thick build.

I'd totally appreciate some pics and a short review when you're done using them during training.

P.S. I have a feeling my wallet is going to hate you.

Thanks for the prompt reply acsubie! Just for sizing and fit reference, what is your height/weight/build? I'm 5'9", 210lbs, thick build.

I'd totally appreciate some pics and a short review when you're done using them during training.

P.S. I have a feeling my wallet is going to hate you.

just got home from training...these gloves are keepers!! They are definitely replacing my Boon gloves as the "go to" bag/mitt gloves. The roomy hand compartment and loose wrist strap was all remedied by using hand wraps. These gloves just feel right for pad work. Guess that should be expected by using dedicated bag gloves. Although I did not use my Boon gloves for sparring, just pad work. But the Boon gloves I guess is considered a multi purpose glove. For sparring I use the Ringside IMF gloves that I also got at Ringside on sale for $35!!

As for my size.. I am 6'0 roughly 220 on the husky side with average size hands!! I say for $35 its a great buy!

CSI is having a blowout sale also. Here are some other things that I found:

Elite Molded Foam Training Gloves by Throwdown-Combatsports.com These are on sale for $45 dollars, and I'm pretty sure they are rebranded IMF Tech gloves but with a HOOK-AND-LOOP closure and NOT elastic, so that might be a plus.

Thai Style Training Gloves by Throwdown-Combatsports.com Throwdown Thai Style Training gloves on sale for $40

Fairtex Safety Sparring Gloves-Combatsports.com
Fairtex Safety Sparring gloves on sale for $30

$30??! Of course they're sold out... :(

Back