fairtex sp6 shin guards(mma industries)

xmikex

White Belt
Reaction score
hey guys, i just got in my fairtex from mma industries and i want to start out ant say that they have great customer service and would definetly order from them again.

this is my first set of "real" shinguards i have been sparring and doing muay thai for about three months and before i had the paper thin sock type of shinguard i got for ten bones from my teacher. i was looking for a shin giard i could do MT in and also practice take downs with out having to worrry about shifting. these shin guards look awesome and are everyhting you will need. the sleeve on the back is pretty snug and it actually difficult to get into but i would rather have it tight and not let the pad move and eventually break in then be to loose.

when sparring with them you still feel it on your shin but it not bad at all more of just a thud. my sparring partner has some hayabusa instep guards and matched up with the fairtex the fairtex actually have more padding on the shin and the padding isnt as forgiving. there is a raised part like most fairtex shinguards running down the middle of the shin for more padding. the padding on the fott area actually run farther down onto the toes then the hayabusa's

i would recommend these to anyone looking for some shinguards for mma practice and being a novice at MT i think they would work well for straight stand upl with the extra padding on them, and for sixty bucks you cant go wrong with fairtex quality :icon_chee

pros:
look awesome
extra padding( but not to much)
dont shift
fairtex quality
cost about the same if not cheaper then most shin guards and your getting fairtex!!

cons:
sleeve is pretty tight to begin with but will break in(hopefully)

Hmmm, sounds like it was the Fairtex Neoprene Shin Pads

We're so glad you're happy with our customer service. We really feel like that's what gives us an edge in the industry. If it is the neoprene sleeve, it should break in after a few uses. I like the neoprene for extended sparring sessions. We're glad you enjoy it! Let us know if you use any of our other products.

-Alexia

ya it was those ones, im glad to hear that the sleeve will break in its hard ot putthem on and i always feel like im gointo bust open the stitching on the back when going over my heel.

does anyone else have experience with these? i wonder if they're safe enough for light-medium muay thai sparring

i guess the long review at the top doesnt show anything haha

they are finee for light/ medium sparring. thats what i use them for they have plenty of padding on the shins and dont shift around. i would like to do a heavy soar sesh to see how they hold up

ok thanks...according to the fairtex youtube channel
Neoprene Shin Pads
the transform of well-known Fairtex #SP3 Shin Pads to neoprene version for more tight fit.

they look slightly different and I don't trust promo descriptions, so it's nice to get someone who bought them to comment on how protective they are.

I actually wanted these shin guards originally, but I was not able to find them in stock anywhere. I didn't know about MMA Industries though. I ended up getting the Hayabusa's. Eventually I will upgrade to Fairtex though. Nice review too!

I actually wanted these shin guards originally, but I was not able to find them in stock anywhere. I didn't know about MMA Industries though. I ended up getting the Hayabusa's. Eventually I will upgrade to Fairtex though. Nice review too!
thanks man, i love these shinguards. my friend/sparring partner has the hayabusa insteps and i like them they look nice and offer good padding. the fairtex though have the little rise on the shin bone so you get a little bit more padding and the padding around the calf is a little bit thicker and stiffer then the busa'a. the only real difference i see between the two is that the fairtex toe cover goes down and almost goes over the ntire toe not like the hayabusas which stop about halfway down, but the fairtex toe padding seems not as thick or as strong as the hayabusa's. then again you shouldnt be kicking with your toes :icon_chee

Back