Fadda BJJ schools in Brazil...

Hellboy31

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is still a Fadda BJJ school in Rio.. Either the original or if any of his blackbelts opened their own schools?

I've been doing some research on Oswaldo Fadda and am very curious to see if this form of BJJ is still alive and well today. Thanks in advance.

Wendell Alexander is still in Brazil running his school. I am not sure where it is though.

Wendell Alexander is still in Brazil running his school. I am not sure where it is though.

Thanks for the info.. I did some research and it looks like he joined up with Nova Uniao and Andre Perdenias. Apparently Andre focuses more on the MMA aspect of coaching where he focus more on coaching Gi competitors.

Are in you in Brazil now? Have you gotten to visit schools related to his lineage yet? I have heard the guys from Fadda's lineage focus on leglocks more so than others and also they have a strong emphasis on the judo aspect. My instructor and some others from Wendell's side also all have excellent judo

No, I'm actually still in the States... I'm planning a six month trip in 2011. It's funny because Nova Uniao is one of the gyms I'd really like to spend some time at while I'm down there.

I've heard the same things about Fadda BJJ... Lots of leglocks and more of an emphasis on Judo. Thanks for the info

My friend trains with a guy that got his BB under Deoclecio Paulo which is a redbelt under Fadda. His jiujitsu is really good and he is an excellent top player. I'm pretty sure all the BJJ now are relatively the same though. Its not like my friend would go to a gracie school and seen moves that are alien to him.

there are a number of guys under that lineage from Fadda. I think that most of them around nowadays are mostly from Wendell ALexander. I know Jacare (younger) received his black belt from his instructor who is descended down from a Fadda lineage. I don't remember the instructor though

there are a number of guys under that lineage from Fadda. I think that most of them around nowadays are mostly from Wendell ALexander. I know Jacare (younger) received his black belt from his instructor who is descended down from a Fadda lineage. I don't remember the instructor though

Henrique Machado and Osvaldo Alves are often mentioned as Fadda Lineage, but they are not.

Wendell and Deocl

Fadda>Oswaldo Alves>Henrique Machado>Jacare

That's awesome.. I had no idea Jacare came from Fadda Lineage. Why don't more people know about this guy?!

Fadda>Oswaldo Alves>Henrique Machado>Jacare

That's awesome.. I had no idea Jacare came from Fadda Lineage. Why don't more people know about this guy?!

Becasuse he has the wrong last name silly.:icon_chee

Don't get butt hurt, it's just a joke.

Last edited:
Are you sure? BJJ Heroes has both of those guys under Fadda Lineage

?

Mitsuyo Maeda > Carlos Gracie sr > Reyson Gracie > Osvaldo Alves

Mitsuyo Maeda > Carlos Gracie > Reyson Gracie > Osvaldo Alves > Henrique Machado.

both guys started out as judoka, not jitsuka and afaik osvaldo alves is not a fadda lineage guy - there is no mention of fadda in those BJJ Heroes bios.

Simple observation about what might be causing the confusion:

There is a difference between Oswaldo Alves and Osvaldo Alves.

In any event, JSho is correct.

Simple observation about what might be causing the confusion:

There is a difference between Oswaldo Alves and Osvaldo Alves.

in the spelling yes, but it is the same guy in this instance.

in the spelling yes, but it is the same guy in this instance.

My mistake, it was a few weeks ago that I did the search... I thought at the time it was BJJ heroes but it may have been another lineage site. Anyway, my mistake. Thanks for all the extra info on Fadda though, guys.

Back