FACT: The ONLY thing that matter in life for a man is having the love and affection of a woman.

Nothing else really matters in this life.

A good job, money, being in good shape, having a nice car... it's all just means to an end. All things that help you attain the only thing your soul truly craves, which is the love and affection of a woman.

Without it, a man will always be miserable.

This is the truest knowledge in the universe.

I don't agree at all - we all have our own paths to happiness, some of which may lead to the arms of another and others to something entirely different.

At a largely abstract level, my goal is to make my mark on this world in an intellectual sense and contribute materially to the advancement of my field of research.

There are certain things that take precedence over this, in that I will always put the needs of my family and loved ones over my career aspirations. However, if I was asked "If you could only achieve one thing, what would it be?" Then my professional pursuits would take precedence over any desire for a long term relationship (and this is coming from a guy who posted about being desparately in love with someone only yesterday).

Broadly speaking, I think there are two ways to live life: 1) Be a flame that burns long into the night -the constant that people can rely on and look towards in the darkness 2) Be a fire that rages, but only for an instant. But in that instant, it illuminates everything and everyone around it.

I choose the latter. Love requires a person to be unselfish and considerate of the needs and feelings of others. The pursuit of greatness (in whatever medium) often requires the exact opposite of that.

Probably true. The most beautiful thing in the world is a female.

Seriously,this.

IF you have to define yourself and your success solely through other people,well good luck with that,pal
I never understood how people think this.

How we compare to others, contribute to others, and interact with others is literally the metric with which we define our successes and failures.

We are not isolated islands in the ocean of society. There's constant influence going both ways, in and out.

Back