Fact: Jones' primary gameplan was to wrestle Gus, not to try and outbox him

Please explain the difference in this thin vs thick wrap.

If I do that then you'll just say I googled it. You are a sour bunch of Jones fans mad that I called him out on his bullshit. You're one of the fools that thinks he didn't train much if at all, am I right? :cool:

If I do that then you'll just say I googled it. You are a sour bunch of Jones fans mad that I called him out on his bullshit. You're one of the fools that thinks he didn't train much if at all, am I right? :cool:

Googling is fine. So what if you Googled it? I'm curious as to the difference between the two.

No one needs Data to prove your stupid hypotheses are wrong, you have to bring data to prove they're correct.

How would you know that, you haven't produced any data proving that they're wrong. But let me guess, yours just happens to be scientific and common sense too? The same thing you questioned with mine. Funny how that works.

Whatever is comfortable for them is what works,

EXACTLY!!!! Holy shit, you actually got what we've been trying to tell you.

Jones is a grappler first. It is his base. They are the wraps he would have spent probably all of his training using. He is comfortable with them. So he would ask Stitch for them.

Are you done now? I almost hope not, because it's really getting funny :)

How would you know that, you haven't produced any data proving that they're wrong. But let me guess, yours just happens to be scientific and common sense too? The same thing you questioned with mine. Funny how that works.

I don't need data to prove that Shane Mosley caught Margarito illegally wrapping his hands, which is what tears your argument to pieces lel
I don't need data to prove Johny Hendricks said his wraps were too thin

You mean that guy who does a lot of hand-fighting, clinching and gripping would want less constrictive wraps?

EXACTLY!!!! Holy shit, you actually got what we've been trying to tell you.

Jones is a grappler first. It is his base. They are the wraps he would have spent probably all of his training using. He is comfortable with them. So he would ask Stitch for them.

Are you done now? I almost hope not, because it's really getting funny :)

That "probably" part is worrisome. As I said, thick or thin, snug or looser, comfortable is comfortable and that doesn't necessarily mean how they're used to. Comfort knows no type of wrap, it doesn't distinguish between them. It could be the other type of wrap they're not accustomed to and still feel comfortable.

You mean that guy who does a lot of hand-fighting, clinching and gripping would want less constrictive wraps?

You're almost starting to get it, still not quite 100% there yet though. You're still a work in progress but I think you'll make it with a D-, just passing.

No one misunderstands what you're saying, it's just retarded

That "probably" part is worrisome. As I said, thick or thin, snug or looser, comfortable is comfortable and that doesn't necessarily mean how they're used to. Comfort knows no type of wrap, it doesn't distinguish between them. It could be the other type of wrap they're not accustomed to and still feel comfortable.

Everything you just said means you have no idea on why he'd have his hands wrapped that way. Because it depends on how Jones feels about the wraps, not some cutman he barely knows.

Do you get it now??

Plus, your whole thread here is based on assumptions, and making statements that really equal a "probably" type of reasoning. No facts at all.

Speaking of proof, where is the hard data for proving that there's no difference in related injuries between thicker and tighter hand wraps vs. thinner and looser? Come on Da Speeit, surely you have a mine full of numbers and details.

Also, where is the hard data for proving that fighters always get their hands wrapped up the same way before their fights? It's just an assumption that's been applied to the bulk majority of fighters.

PS: Now that I've proven my point, being that you have no points at all to counter my premise, it's sleepy time for me. It's been real. I'll check back and see how you're doing a bit later today. Hopefully you've made some progress. Baby steps guys, baby steps.

Are you still harping on this?
No fighter has said "I injured my hand because of shitty wraps". So no, I don't need data disproving a controversy that you've made up in your crazy little head.

If I said "GotGOAT is probably gay", would it be true until someone brought up data proving otherwise?
Just a hypothetical

If I said "GotGOAT is probably gay", would it be true until someone brought up data proving otherwise?
Just a hypothetical

QOUAU7A.gif

Are you still harping on this?
No fighter has said "I injured my hand because of shitty wraps". So no, I don't need data disproving a controversy that you've made up in your crazy little head.

Just a hypothetical

Or would it be false until then? The extra protection from thicker and tighter wraps isn't something that I need to prove, hit Google and read about it. Fighters spraining their wrists and hurting their hands from a wrap that doesn't stabilize their bones and joints solidly enough isn't a myth, which is why it's been written about and detailed thoroughly down to each individual spin off of wrapping techniques themselves and the injuries that can be sustained from an improper or wrap that's too loose and not thick enough. Try and google something such as "hand wrap mistakes" and you'll have your data.

Night boys. I'll catch you later bros. \m/

It would actually be false, but we can go along with your logic and call you gay if being right means that much to you

Also, where is the hard data for proving that fighters always get their hands wrapped up the same way before their fights? It's just an assumption that's been applied to the bulk majority of fighters.

PS: Now that I've proven my point, being that you have no points at all to counter my premise, it's sleepy time for me. It's been real. I'll check back and see how you're doing a bit later today. Hopefully you've made some progress. Baby steps guys, baby steps.

Wow...you had to have been drinking when you wrote this, right?

I won't even bring up actual experience from my fight team...or just talking to trainers (who wrap hands, cuz I had to learn how) in general, because that's just too easy, and honestly, too hard to prove.

So let's try this again logically. If your base is wrestling, what wraps will you normally use? Grappling style wraps.

If you fight with grappling wraps (and have shown very little KO power in your hands) and go undefeated, what wraps will you be comfortable with? Grappling style wraps.

If you've used grappling style wraps (which wraps are really a small designation when you're all using 6 oz. gloves, wrapping was a lot more significant when I was in boxing) with Stitch the very few times he's wrapped your hands, what style will you ask him for? The style you've always asked him for and have won with. Grappling style wraps.

Hand wraps are all about comfort while fighting. I guarantee you Jones is more comfortable with grappling style wraps, based on all evidence available, including the evidence you've provided.

If you disagree, please show any valid and equal evidence why. But we all know you can't. But by all means, please keep going. It's at least somewhat entertaining while I build my Facebook ads.

All I can say is that Jones landed the most significant strike of the fight, on the feet. He hurt Gustafsson, while Gustafsson couldn't hurt Jones.

That's all.

Also;

Da Speeit vs Got GOAT catchweight fight possibly at UFC 187

Back