Fact: Jones' primary gameplan was to wrestle Gus, not to try and outbox him

You sound defensive.
You start parrying my jab, how do you know I'm not going to feint it and come with a left hook?

I don't. How do you know I won't counter your jab first with my cross before you even get a chance to throw your left hook? Simultaneously parrying your jab down and away while launching a quick cross counter is likely what would happen to you.

Show us the data

Only after you've shown me the data that is able to contradict what I've claimed. Science isn't on your side, I'm afraid.

Jones said he only trained 70 % for this fight. Yea OK..

It has to be true cuz Jon said it.

Ughugh wasn't this bad I dont think. After the fight he actually admitted that the judges probably got the Jones v Gus decision right. Though I think he changed his stance later on.

While I agree that Ughugh wasn't nearly as bad as Got GOAT; Ughugh said more than his fair share of ridiculous shit. Especially when it concerned Gus or Jones.

And yes, he gave the fight to Jones at first. Then he quickly changed his mind and started going on about how Gus should have won.

Ughugh said:
I've seen [Jones] kick guys after they're down and out, throw and slap opponents after the bell, systematically poke fighters in the eyes and concealing that his opponent has gone unconscious to then ruthlessly drop his lifeless body when the ref steps in. And all of this has been glorified by Jonathan Dwight and his obnoxious demo.

I don't. How do you know I won't counter your jab first with my cross before you even get a chance to throw your left hook? Simultaneously parrying your jab down and away while launching a quick cross counter is likely what would happen to you.

Only after you've shown me the data that is able to contradict what I've claimed. Science isn't on your side, I'm afraid.

It has to be true cuz Jon said it.

My footwork is too good for that. very rare i catch a cross, especially with my posture. I don't ever remember catching one off a jab. And you can't parry a feint ya werido

Anyway, I'm not the one making assumptions. I'm saying something doesn't happen. You're telling me that the sun didn't rise today. Okay. Show me the data. Show me that it didn't rise. I'll believe you when you show me. I'm not the one beating my chest about something being "Common" sense. If it were as common as you make it out to be, you'd have data to support it.

While I agree that Ughugh wasn't nearly as bad as Got GOAT; Ughugh said more than his fair share of ridiculous shit. Especially when it concerned Gus or Jones.

And yes, he gave the fight to Jones at first. Then he quickly changed his mind and started going on about how Gus should have won.

Ughugh said:
I've seen [Jones] kick guys after they're down and out, throw and slap opponents after the bell, systematically poke fighters in the eyes and concealing that his opponent has gone unconscious to then ruthlessly drop his lifeless body when the ref steps in. And all of this has been glorified by Jonathan Dwight and his obnoxious demo.

dahell2.png

It's too bad this thread will likely get deleted.

Should be stickied or archived, IMO.

Holy hell Got GOAT...I thought you were at least somewhat reasonable before. This is your worst shit yet.

You claim you train...OK, let's pretend that's true. You should be aware that fighters get used to their training routines and equipment, and this is true for handwraps more than anything.

Jones started fighting with a wrestling base. It is only reasonable to assume (since assuming is all you're doing with this horrible, horrible thread premise) that he chose the grappling style wraps for the start of, and majority, of his career.

Claiming that he chose the grappling wraps for one of his fights does not even come close to being a 'fact' that he was planning on a grappling centric gameplan. He, like almost all fighters, will choose the wraps he's always used and is comfortable with. And for Jones, that would be the grappling wraps.

This is a piece of very circumstantial evidence at best, that doesn't even help much when it comes to Jones as a fighter. Making this thread with these claims just shows how you'll latch onto anything you can possible make pro-Gus and anti-Jones, no matter how irrelevant and just plain stupid it really is.

That's a fine theory, except for when a world champion is fighting they'd be smart enough to wrap their hands accordingly (to the particular offense they'll be using more of). Explain Hendricks if they always tend to stick to what they're used to? He was complaining that his wraps were too thin, wouldn't he have had them get it right like he is used to? Especially for a championship fight (against GSP). I get it, you're a big Jones fan.

My footwork is too good for that. very rare i catch a cross, especially with my posture. I don't ever remember catching one off a jab. And you can't parry a feint ya werido

Anyway, I'm not the one making assumptions. I'm saying something doesn't happen. You're telling me that the sun didn't rise today. Okay. Show me the data. Show me that it didn't rise. I'll believe you when you show me. I'm not the one beating my chest about something being "Common" sense. If it were as common as you make it out to be, you'd have data to support it.

Yeah, I wasn't planning on parrying a feint, I'd be waiting for you to extend your jab enough to parry it. I never said I'd parry your feint, though it can be done if you extend your jab out there enough. If the type of hand wrap didn't matter then why are they offering both types, one specifically for grapplers to optimally work with and one fitted for strikers? When you can answer this simple question then I'll be enlightened by it, since none of you seem to have the answer.

My post was "What happens when I feint and come over with a left hook when you try to parry?"

You have to prove it matters. Because until now, it has mattered to absolutely no fight other than this one and the Hendricks fight, according to you.

Jones used lighter wraps and had no hand issues.
So show us the data.

I love that your fan base keeps trying to push this whole "Gus is the best fighter in the world" schtick.

Do you guys have meetings to set this up? Or do one of you say it and you guys just go with it like a bunch of improvisational lemmings?

Im almost 100% sure Gustafsson is a better fighter today than Jones and I dont really care what the majority of people think about it. That same majority was so ridiculously wrong already the first time they meet that it should be understandable that I dont take peoples ignorant opinions and blinded bias seriously anymore (I didnt take it seriously back then too, though). I have seen a long time how Jones` and Gus` skill levels have developed, thats all I really care about and I know time will likely tell I was right.

I feel sorry for you average Jones hc-fans. You seem so ignorant, dumb and pathetic in everything when it comes to Jon Jones, like all of your IQs are below average or average at best. I hate that english is only my third language so that I cant express you properly how stupid you all are.

That's a fine theory, except for when a world champion is fighting they'd be smart enough to wrap their hands accordingly (to the particular offense they'll be using more of). Explain Hendricks if they always tend to stick to what they're used to? He was complaining that his wraps were too thin, wouldn't he have had them get it right like he is used to? Especially for a championship fight (against GSP). I get it, you're a big Jones fan.
Stop bringing up Hendricks. He said he didn't want to say anything to the guy wrapping his hands. He used the handwraps as an excuse for why he couldn't back up his talk. Are you that dumb?

If the type of hand wrap didn't matter then why are they offering both types, one specifically for grapplers to optimally work with and one fitted for strikers? When you can answer this simple question then I'll be enlightened by it, since none of you seem to have the answer.
Because it's about giving the fighter what he wants. What he prefers. Some prefer tight handwraps, some don't. Having a name for the different types is just a quicker and "cuter" way of describing it, so that they're on the same page.

If you knew ANYTHING about handwraps, you'd see that you're full of shit and have no legit argument in this case. The difference between "knockout" and "tapout" handwraps is not what you think it is.

Also, your claim of handwraps reducing punching power is the biggest bullshit ever. You have no clue what the hell you're talking about.

Im almost 100% sure Gustafsson is a better fighter today than Jones and I dont really care what the majority of people think about it. That same majority was so ridiculously wrong already the first time they meet that it should be understandable that I dont take peoples ignorant opinions and blinded bias seriously anymore (I didnt take it seriously back then too, though). I have seen a long time how Jones` and Gus` skill levels have developed, thats all I really care about and I know time will likely tell I was right.

I feel sorry for you average Jones hc-fans. You seem so ignorant, dumb and pathetic in everything when it comes to Jon Jones, like all of your IQs are below average or average at best. I hate that english is only my third language so that I cant express you properly how stupid you all are.

Whatever excuse you cling to when Jones beats Gustafsson (again) is going to be great.

Didn't you pick DC over Jones?

Didn't you admit if Rumble beats Gus that you're jumping on Rumble's wagon?

You are not even a fairweather fan, just a Jones hater. I am not even convinced you like Gus, I think you just believe he has the best chance to beat Jones.

My post was "What happens when I feint and come over with a left hook when you try to parry?"

You have to prove it matters. Because until now, it has mattered to absolutely no fight other than this one and the Hendricks fight, according to you.

Jones used lighter wraps and had no hand issues.
So show us the data.
They're not even lighter wraps, they're just a little looser and allow a little more wrist flexibility. The guy is has no idea what he's talking about.

Also, you can see he clearly has no idea what he's talking about in this thread and so there will be no proof or data from him. First he says Hendricks was complaining about the wraps being too thick and taking away his punching power (which GOT GOAT seems to think actually makes sense), when in reality Hendricks said they were too thin and he couldn't put full power into his punches. Then he says that doesn't matter, but still keeps his stance on the subject and even claims a BS argument of other fighters have complained, when nobody has. He's clueless.

Last edited:

He was complaining because they weren't wrapped like he was used to...because before he was knocking guys out with his strikes, and he obviously didn't against GSP despite landing hard strkes. You know...because according to him, his wraps were different from what he was used to.

And here you're trying to say Jones would be, apparently, switching handwraps all the time depending on his opponent, so he wouldn't always be used to his wraps. Which, if you've ever worn handwraps for multiple training camps, you would know is just stupid and untrue. Fighters like how their hands are wrapped one way or the other...it's not something that changes. I've wrapped a ton of hands and had mine wrapped a ton of times. It doesn't change depending on opponent.

When a world champion fights, he'll wear the handwraps he's accustomed to and likes to fight with. Which for Jones, would be grappling style wraps.

Again, this is probably the worst posting I've seen from you...probably.

Got GOAT doesn't even train.

I can definitely tell that you don't by not knowing 1st day 101 shit about hand wraps. You also don't understand how the transfer of energy works and how it pertains to generating force in punches. I know you've never been in an actual fight (bare knuckle that is) because you said you'd throw your jab in your original 'threat' post to me, as if that would allow you to keep your distance or close in on me. Unless your jab is extremely stiff then it won't work and I'll smash you with a more significant, more powerful punch. Throwing a jab in a real bare knuckle fight and believing/hoping it'd be your answer is cringeworthy. Keep in mind you didn't say you'd feint it to begin with, you only said that later. :icon_lol: Damn nubs.

I can definitely tell that you don't by not knowing 1st day 101 shit about hand wraps. You also don't understand how the transfer of energy works and how it pertains to generating force in punches. I know you've never been in an actual fight (bare knuckle that is) because you said you'd throw your jab in your original 'threat' post to me, as if that would allow you to keep your distance or close in on me. Unless your jab is extremely stiff then it won't work and I'll smash you with a more significant, more powerful punch. Throwing a jab in a real bare knuckle fight and believing/hoping it'd be your answer is cringeworthy. Keep in mind you didn't say you'd feint it to begin with, you only said that later. :icon_lol: Damn nubs.

Bro, don't make me post pics of my Venum Challengers and dirty Wand Fight Team shirt.

I said "What if I feint" and you had no answer. Poser exposed

I can definitely tell that you don't by not knowing 1st day 101 shit about hand wraps.

Then tell us how handwraps works. And tell us the how the "knockout" wraps differ from the "tapout" wraps. Write, in your words, about how to wrap a hand.

I'm gonna ignore the part about transfer of energy cause it's bullshit.

Didn't you pick DC over Jones?

I saw Jones about 60/40 favourite against Cormier and I said it here before the fight.

Didn't you admit if Rumble beats Gus that you're jumping on Rumble's wagon?

I said if Rumble beats Gustafsson I would probably see him as a favourite against Jones, especially if Rumble wins by decision. Tko/KO might more easily leave some questions open regarding variance. It would have nothing to do with who I would like to win between Jones and Rumble.

You are not even a fairweather fan, just a Jones hater. I am not even convinced you like Gus, I think you just believe he has the best chance to beat Jones.

I became Gus fan a long time before his fight against Jones. And the main reason was because I saw how under the radar that kid fought in the UFC few years ago. I hate that people still cant see how good he is, I really hate it.

He was complaining because they weren't wrapped like he was used to...because before he was knocking guys out with his strikes, and he obviously didn't against GSP despite landing hard strkes. You know...because according to him, his wraps were different from what he was used to.

And here you're trying to say Jones would be, apparently, switching handwraps all the time depending on his opponent, so he wouldn't always be used to his wraps. Which, if you've ever worn handwraps for multiple training camps, you would know is just stupid and untrue. Fighters like how their hands are wrapped one way or the other...it's not something that changes. I've wrapped a ton of hands and had mine wrapped a ton of times. It doesn't change depending on opponent.

When a world champion fights, he'll wear the handwraps he's accustomed to and likes to fight with. Which for Jones, would be grappling style wraps.

Again, this is probably the worst posting I've seen from you...probably.

I've had my hands wrapped tons of times and wrapped others' hands. I use Freddie Roach's brother's (Pepper) wrapping technique and request the one wrapping my own hands to use it. As for what they're accustomed to, it'd be highly stupid to just go with what you're used to if you plan on doing one thing more than another. It's literally meant to be tailored to your primary planned offense which is why guys like Stitch ask the fighters every time which they want, tailored for grappling or hand fighting. You don't know if Jones always favors a more grappling-centric wrap, nor do I. What we do know for sure is that he requested the latter in his fight with Gustafsson, despite all of the "I'll outbox him" talk. He even said that the best outcome possible for him would be to one-punch KO Gus, when the media asked him.

Then tell us how handwraps works. And tell us the how the "knockout" wraps differ from the "tapout" wraps. Write, in your words, about how to wrap a hand.

I'm gonna ignore the part about transfer of energy cause it's bullshit.

It's hilarious.
I use the Venom Challenger 12oz, and honestly, when I hit the bag, I don't like wrapping my hands.

It's differently from person to person.

Back