Fact: Jones' primary gameplan was to wrestle Gus, not to try and outbox him

show me the data.

5'8, 155, 75" reach. Proud manlet. Will jab you into the dirt Tyson style.

If you need to see hard data on what's common sense then you're definitely not as bright as you think you are. I could do the research and ascertain it, sure, and then I'd be getting what out of it? Proving Da Speeit was wrong? Like you've never been wrong on this forum before. In this case you've been wrong about everything so far and it doesn't take a genius to come to that conclusion.

I love the idea that he thinks slipping a strike is easier against a shorter opponent, yet is boasting his striking knowledge as "Logic"

I didn't know how tall you were, much less your reach. Just like you don't know how tall I am yet you said you'd jab me into the dirt. I could be 6'10 for all you know. LOL.

If it's common sense there should be data.
I'm wrong all of the time. If it's common sense it shouldn't be hard to prove me wrong.

If you're 6'10, there's no way you're slipping under my body jab, let alone spry enough to shoot a double on me.

I think Got GOAT is 5'8

The best part is that we were talking about something solely striking related, I mention I would best him in a striking bout, and he mentions that he'd take me down lol

The desperation

I said I'd walk through it, slip it or parry it. Putting you on your back was another option that I listed. Do you even read bro?

I said I'd walk through it, slip it or parry it. Putting you on your back was another option that I listed. Do you even read bro?

You sound defensive.
You start parrying my jab, how do you know I'm not going to feint it and come with a left hook?

Hendricks complained that his boxing wraps were too thick in the GSP fight. He was bitching about that because if the wraps are too thick then it affects your punching power a bit, since there's more cushion in the way of your fist and the target when connecting and delivering a punch's force. He was using it as an excuse for why he didn't knock GSP out.

The transfer of energy is impacted (lessened) between the source and the destination target. This isn't exactly breaking news. Why do you think Hendricks was bitching about his hand wraps being too thick and correlating that to not being able to knock GSP out? It's the same concept from the opposite side of the spectrum, if you're wearing gym shoes vs. a person that is barefoot or with boxing shoes on (which have just a thin layer of padding), the person that has less in the way of his foot and the ground will be able to pull more and thus push more force out when he throws his punches. Punching power is generated from the ground up. This also isn't a new concept.

Too thick, too thin, whatever.

For an argument that was revolving around the thickness of wraps, I think thin vs thick matters.

Slow+down+there+if+you+backpedal+any+harder+you+re+_a3d49722b2d620ca34705d628fa56dc5.jpg

47048_Jon_TD.gif

94923_Jon_TD_1.gif

73232_Jon_TD_2.gif

Gus being the Alpha he is and Jonathan Dwight helplessly flying around the octagon. There is your so called "best wrestler in MMA", looking like a child and being bigbrothered by the best fighter in the world.

Fallon, if you weren't a cluebag when it comes to fighting then I'd respond to you. You're remedial dude, so don't bring me down to your level, I'd rather just not give you the opportunity to begin with.

Serious question for you experts and scientists in this thread. You're about to go to your job site as a construction worker. Do you equip yourself with a hardhat or do you wear your favorite baseball cap? If what you guys are counter claiming is not just possible but the norm then we'd have a whole lot of dead and seriously injured construction workers across the globe. Jones said he trained boxing too much and suggested that he neglected his wrestling, yet when it mattered, he chose to be equipped with protection less reliable for said job. Makes a ton of sense.

I could've sworn Got GOAT was banned was too long ago.

There is no god.

rnBbz3R.png

by the best fighter in the world.

I love that your fan base keeps trying to push this whole "Gus is the best fighter in the world" schtick.

Do you guys have meetings to set this up? Or do one of you say it and you guys just go with it like a bunch of improvisational lemmings?

"Inane nonsense throughout the thread"

Holy hell Got GOAT...I thought you were at least somewhat reasonable before. This is your worst shit yet.

You claim you train...OK, let's pretend that's true. You should be aware that fighters get used to their training routines and equipment, and this is true for handwraps more than anything.

Jones started fighting with a wrestling base. It is only reasonable to assume (since assuming is all you're doing with this horrible, horrible thread premise) that he chose the grappling style wraps for the start of, and majority, of his career.

Claiming that he chose the grappling wraps for one of his fights does not even come close to being a 'fact' that he was planning on a grappling centric gameplan. He, like almost all fighters, will choose the wraps he's always used and is comfortable with. And for Jones, that would be the grappling wraps.

This is a piece of very circumstantial evidence at best, that doesn't even help much when it comes to Jones as a fighter. Making this thread with these claims just shows how you'll latch onto anything you can possible make pro-Gus and anti-Jones, no matter how irrelevant and just plain stupid it really is.

That was - in my humble opinion - the greatest LHW fight in the history of MMA. It was technical, evenly matched and absolutely thrilling.

Both guys were very impressive. I think it is more than fair to say Jones expected he would have a much, much easier time wrestling Gus. That was the first and only time he's fought a man of his own size and it completely changed the dynamic of the fight.

The truth is Jon fought like a champion by finding a way to win. That is exactly what a champion does. He took an absolute beating and was quite literally carried from the Octagon bleeding and battered, but he left with a belt.

I scored that fight for Gus, but it was very close. Gus proved to me that he is very likely to become one of the great fighters of his generation. Jones proved to me that despite his eye pokes and occasionally obnoxious behavior, he has the heart of a lion when it counts.

The rematch will be a tremendous fight.

I personally haven't been using handwraps and have had no problem punching.

Making this thread with these claims just shows how you'll latch onto anything you can possible make pro-Gus and anti-Jones, no matter how irrelevant and just plain stupid it really is.

This goes back to my confirmation bias/delusional comment.

I doubt it's signed.

He's not on Ughugh's level.

Ughugh wasn't this bad I dont think. After the fight he actually admitted that the judges probably got the Jones v Gus decision right. Though I think he changed his stance later on.

Fallon, if you weren't a cluebag when it comes to fighting then I'd respond to you. You're remedial dude, so don't bring me down to your level, I'd rather just not give you the opportunity to begin with.

Serious question for you experts and scientists in this thread. You're about to go to your job site as a construction worker. Do you equip yourself with a hardhat or do you wear your favorite baseball cap? If what you guys are counter claiming is not just possible but the norm then we'd have a whole lot of dead and seriously injured construction workers across the globe. Jones said he trained boxing too much and suggested that he neglected his wrestling, yet when it mattered, he chose to be equipped with protection less reliable for said job. Makes a ton of sense.

See, what the fuck is that comparison? Do you read the shit you post? Cause you should.

There isn't that much difference between the wraps. The knockout ones are just a little tighter. There isn't much, if any, difference in the padding because the padding is limited by the gloves. The tapout wraps are just a little looser. And it's all fighter preference. Bisping, for example, likes secure wraps because he has problems with his hands. Does that mean Bisping can't ever grapple due to his wraps? Some guys prefer looser wraps, some prefer tighter. Do you honestly think there's gonna be that much difference when ALL fights will have punches thrown? It's negligible difference and the "knockout" vs "tapout" is just Stitch's way of pumping up the fighters and getting their preference on how they like their wraps.

In your stupid analogy there, it's a difference between an orange hardhat and a yellow one.

Back