Fact: Jones' primary gameplan was to wrestle Gus, not to try and outbox him

Got GOAT suffers from one of the worst cases of confirmation biases that I have ever seen.

Once he gets a thought in that little pea-sized brain of his, any piece of information that confirms his thought (even if it actually doesn't, he just misinterpreted it) only furthers that his opinion is a fact.

I honestly wonder if this guy has any friends in real life.

I suffer from it as well, but play it up on here just to be an asshole. It's a good exercise, because it's fucking toxic to real life.

You do know Hendricks was saying the handwraps were too thin, right?

Please, for the love of God, don't question if somebody trains when you don't yourself. And actually learn what you're talking about?

Too thick, too thin, whatever. The point flew over your head. It's significant enough for a pro fighter to complain about in the first place. By being too thin he was reluctant to punch as hard as he would've felt comfortable with had the wraps been thicker. And there have been fighters that've complained about hand wraps being too thick and affecting both their grappling and punching power. Fighters have had their hands re-wrapped because they know that it's important to get it right for the task they'll be using them for the most.

Your posts are always shit and you're always missing the point.

Training his wrestling to a greater degree will have little bearing in a rematch anyway. The footwork from Gus was the biggest factor. His lateral movement was perfect forcing Jon to strike air. When you have an 84 inch reach and you miss, it is very easy to get countered.

This allowed Gustafsson to dictate the distance more so than Jon. In a rematch Jon will have to control Gustafsson's movement. This won't be achieved through wrestling, he will require superior movement and a technical boost to his boxing.

I think Jon might find a way again but my head tells me he's losing his title in 2015.

I agree with this. Call me crazy but the gameplan of JJ should be to focus on boxing/movement, not on wrestling. Even more true if TS's assertion that JJ's original gameplan was grappling-dependent. That would mean plan A resulted in a near loss and plan B is where he'd want to go next time around, especially if the "beat him at his strength" theme wants to continue.

The gameplan of Gus in a hypothetical rematch is just to up the aggression I'm guessing, and seems relatively easier to predict.

I'm sure there were moments where JJ committed to a single TD and chain wrestling.

I think the big overall game plan was striking based, that doesn't mean he avoided all other aspects of MMA.

It's just perception anyways. I was there in the building, and gave Gus the 4th round for the win. My opinions are often not popular.

There were a few throw away takedowns that Jones didn't seem to care too much about, but there were many times where Jones had Gus against the cage and he seemed very determined to get him down. I don't think Jones's gameplan was solely wrestling based but I do think it was a large part of what he wanted to do. Gus just has good wrestling defense, even when Jones finally got him down in the fifth round he couldn't keep him there too long.

Like you said though, these are all just our opinions, and I do respect your thoughts on the matter.

Too thick, too thin, whatever. The point flew over your head. t.

Don't backtrack bro. You made a specific point about the wraps being thick and now you're pretending it doesn't matter if they were too thin. Stahp

Had a crate-z session at Wand's earlier today. lol @ the "Do you even train" pwn. I have a strained adductor and i've been fighting like shit lately and i'd still touch you with the jab kiddo

If more padding in your handwraps hinder the force, then why didn't shane mosely let Margarito wrap his hands illegally? I mean, he'd be at a disadvantage, right?

You're a manlet, you admitted this yourself recently. I'd have no problem walking through your jab, slipping it (or parrying it) and countering or dropping levels and putting you on your back if you're truly a manlet. LOL.

Too thick of hand wraps negatively impacts the maximal transfer of energy between the source and the target. Are you really trying to argue this? :icon_lol: It's a double-edged sword. If they're too thick then they can reduce punching power, if they're too thin then you can risk potentially breaking your hand or not feel comfortable punching as hard as you can due to having less protection on them.

If you guys are just arguing to argue, like in Da Speeit's case, then you don't have much of a chance because you're battling logic.

There were a few throw away takedowns that Jones didn't seem to care too much about, but there were many times where Jones had Gus against the cage and he seemed very determined to get him down. I don't think Jones's gameplan was solely wrestling based but I do think it was a large part of what he wanted to do. Gus just has good wrestling defense, even when Jones finally got him down in the fifth round he couldn't keep him there too long.

Like you said though, these are all just our opinions, and I do respect your thoughts on the matter.

Gus' movement, footwork and speed did not go unnoticed by me. Gus didn't want and made sure he wasn't going to be wrestled either.

I don't think JJ will just turn on the wrestling and stop Gus in the next fight. I still think Gus can win this fight- but again I would probably bet on Jones if I had too.

You're a manlet, you admitted this yourself recently. I'd have no problem walking through your jab, slipping it (or parrying it) and countering or dropping levels and putting you on your back if you're truly a manlet. LOL.

Too thick of hand wraps negatively impacts the maximal transfer of energy between the source and the target. Are you really trying to argue this? :icon_lol: It's a double-edged sword. If they're too thick then they can reduce punching power, if they're too thin then you can risk potentially breaking your hand or not feel comfortable punching as hard as you can due to having less protection on them.

If you guys are just arguing to argue, like in Da Speeit's case, then you don't have much of a chance because you're battling logic.

show me the data.

5'8, 155, 75" reach. Proud manlet. Will jab you into the dirt Tyson style.

lol this thread delivered.

I'm still waiting for Sherdoggers to take Manlet back.

"Manlet 4 lyfe" sigs maybe?

lol this thread delivered.

I love the idea that he thinks slipping a strike is easier against a shorter opponent, yet is boasting his striking knowledge as "Logic"

btw you still hating on me bro? What's going on here?

Too thick, too thin, whatever. The point flew over your head. It's significant enough for a pro fighter to complain about in the first place. By being too thin he was reluctant to punch as hard as he would've felt comfortable with had the wraps been thicker. And there have been fighters that've complained about hand wraps being too thick and affecting both their grappling and punching power. Fighters have had their hands re-wrapped because they know that it's important to get it right for the task they'll be using them for the most.

Your posts are always shit and you're always missing the point.

hahahahhahah My posts are shit? Oh, the irony.

How am I missing the point? You say one thing, then when I correct you, you say it doesn't matter and that some "point" went over my head. The point as far as I can see is you picking up one little thing and spinning it into something to suit your stupid, dumb agenda. You do know that "tapout" vs "knockout" handwrap is just something that only Stitch uses to get the fighters sort of prepared mentally? That it just means it's a little more protection and snugger fit? That it has no fucking matter in what the guy's gameplan is? That it doesn't mean anything?

It means NOTHING. Absolutely, nothing. Yet you're here trying to read way too much into it. You just said in your post above that it's a preference that fighters have.

Again, handwraps mean nothing and you can't conclude anything from them.

The other thing is, if Jones' gameplan was to wrestle and he couldn't, then he just beat the best boxer in the division in the stand-up the entire fight... doesn't that make Gus look bad?

Stop your fucking threads. Worst fucking poster on Sherdog.

The fact that you use a whiny fighter's excuse for why he couldn't back his talk up as fact is truly laughable.

Last edited:
What Jones will probably do in the next fight is stay in close to do real damage. At range, Jones can get hit because Gus has longer legs. Jones needs to tie Gus up and beat him up on the inside and take him down from the clinch. I no doubt believe that will be Jones' plan against Gus. Jones shouldn't even try to punch Gus, just kick him on the outside at the very most.

He cant do that, we already saw what happened the first time he was trying to clinch and fight inside, Gus landed his uppercuts and Jones gave up immediately every time. He just cant fight Gus like he fought against Tex and DC, Gus is too strong and his boxing at close range is too good and powerfull for Jones to handle.

I love the idea that he thinks slipping a strike is easier against a shorter opponent, yet is boasting his striking knowledge as "Logic"

btw you still hating on me bro? What's going on here?

I am in your corner on this one.

Got GOAT is purposefully not responding to me because when he argues with me it's some man vs child shit.

I bring out his inner rage demons.

That post about you being a manlet just reaffirmed my belief that Got GOAT is delusional. Look at him thinking he actually knows how to fight.

Got GOAT suffers from one of the worst cases of confirmation bias that I have ever seen (that and delusion about anything involving Gustafsson).

Once he gets a thought in that little pea-sized brain of his, any piece of information that confirms his thought (even if it actually doesn't, he just misinterpreted it) only furthers that his opinion is a fact.

I honestly wonder if this guy has any friends in real life.

But do you really need friends? I mean if you have a signed poster of Gustafsson hanging over your bed...
Got GOAT doesn't.... Posters before friends.

I am in your corner on this one.

Got GOAT is purposefully not responding to me because when he argues with me it's some man vs child shit.

I bring out his inner rage demons.

That post about you being a manlet just reaffirmed my belief that Got GOAT is delusional. Look at him thinking he actually knows how to fight.

The best part is that we were talking about something solely striking related, I mention I would best him in a striking bout, and he mentions that he'd take me down lol

The desperation

pachah1.png

But do you really need friends? I mean if you have a signed poster of Gustafsson hanging over your bed...
Got GOAT doesn't.... Posters before friends.

I doubt it's signed.

He's not on Ughugh's level.

The best part is that we were talking about something solely striking related, I mention I would best him in a striking bout, and he mentions that he'd take me down lol

The desperation

I was thinking the same thing.

Look bruh, he's gonna just eat your jabs for breakfast and get the TD 'cuz manlet.

Back