Fact: Jones' primary gameplan was to wrestle Gus, not to try and outbox him

It's a placebo effect.

Have you hear Stitch talk about the difference between them?

Is there a proven history linking Jones' finishes to wraps? Or any fighters?

Hendricks complained that his boxing wraps were too thick in the GSP fight. He was bitching about that because if the wraps are too thick then it affects your punching power a bit, since there's more cushion in the way of your fist and the target when connecting and delivering a punch's force. He was using it as an excuse for why he didn't knock GSP out.

Hendricks complained that his boxing wraps were too thick in the GSP fight. He was bitching about that because if the wraps are too thick then it affects your punching power a bit, since there's more cushion in the way of your fist and the target when connecting and delivering a punch's force. He was using it as an excuse for why he didn't knock GSP out.

hahaha now I know you don't know what you're talking about.
The problem isn't the force

So he may ask for the choke out wraps, when he intends to knock out his next opponent?

Says you.

I and many others still disagree.

I'm glad you are finding comfort in your own conclusions.

You can disagree with reality at your leisure, that doesn't change how it transpires.

Just rewatched it, and I was wrong. He didn't just try to clinch with him, he got low and shot in for a double. Wasn't a great attempt, but still.

GSP also double legged Fitch at the start of their fight. Then brutalized him on the feet for every other second of the fight.

You can disagree with reality at your leisure, that doesn't change how it transpires.

Go sit in the corner with your maybes.

Seriously, can we please ban GOT GOAT from posting threads? Pretty please?

GSP also double legged Fitch at the start of their fight. Then brutalized him on the feet for every other second of the fight.

Jones attempted to take him down again later in that round, and in all of the other rounds as well.

So if you take someone down at all, you can't possibly plan to stand with them

Jones attempted to take him down again later in that round, and in all of the other rounds as well.

So original point of how quickly JJ goes for TD means nothing and you've moved onto another point? How long will this go on for?

TDs are proven way to open up strikes. A smart plan would be to throw some in there if you intend to strike. Say about.. 3 a round?

JJ ate an Orange before the fight. He's vegan.

hahaha now I know you don't know what you're talking about.
The problem isn't the force

The transfer of energy is impacted (lessened) between the source and the destination target. This isn't exactly breaking news. Why do you think Hendricks was bitching about his hand wraps being too thick and correlating that to not being able to knock GSP out? It's the same concept from the opposite side of the spectrum, if you're wearing gym shoes vs. a person that is barefoot or with boxing shoes on (which have just a thin layer of padding), the person that has less in the way of his foot and the ground will be able to pull more and thus push more force out when he throws his punches. Punching power is generated from the ground up. This also isn't a new concept.

Be honest, you don't train do you? :icon_lol:

So original point of how quickly JJ goes for TD means nothing and you've moved onto another point? How long will this go on for?

TDs are proven way to open up strikes. A smart plan would be to throw some in there if you intend to strike. Say about.. 3 a round?

My original point was that wrestling was a part of Jones's gameplan, and I used how early he started with the TDs and the frequency with which he kept attempting them throughout the fight to back that up. He even chased after Gus in the second round to attempt a takedown, I obviously think that he was using attempts to wear Gus down thus helping him in the striking department, but I also think that he really was intent on taking him to the ground.

The transfer of energy is impacted (lessened) between the source and the destination target. This isn't exactly breaking news. Why do you think Hendricks was bitching about his hand wraps being too thick and correlating that to not being able to knock GSP out? It's the same concept from the opposite side of the spectrum, if you're wearing gym shoes vs. a person that is barefoot or with boxing shoes on (which have just a thin layer of padding), the person that has less in the way of his foot and the ground will be able to pull more and thus push more force out when he throws his punches. Punching power is generated from the ground up. This also isn't a new concept.

Had a crate-z session at Wand's earlier today. lol @ the "Do you even train" pwn. I have a strained adductor and i've been fighting like shit lately and i'd still touch you with the jab kiddo

If more padding in your handwraps hinder the force, then why didn't shane mosely let Margarito wrap his hands illegally? I mean, he'd be at a disadvantage, right?

My original point was that wrestling was a part of Jones's gameplan, and I used how early he started with the TDs and the frequency with which he kept attempting them throughout the fight to back that up. He even chased after Gus in the second round to attempt a takedown, I obviously think that he was using attempts to wear Gus down thus helping him in the striking department, but I also think that he really was intent on taking him to the ground.

I'm sure there were moments where JJ committed to a single TD and chain wrestling.

I think the big overall game plan was striking based, that doesn't mean he avoided all other aspects of MMA.

It's just perception anyways. I was there in the building, and gave Gus the 4th round for the win. My opinions are often not popular.

You do know Hendricks was saying the handwraps were too thin, right?

Please, for the love of God, don't question if somebody trains when you don't yourself. And actually learn what you're talking about?

Nobody is saying that. Again, Jones' intention was primarily to grapple Gus and not to box with him based on his choice of protection for his hands. He gave priority to the better suited grappling choice in hand wraps than what's better suited for hand fighting. If you have acid reflux and you're hungry, do you ask for nachos with jalapenos / spicy cheese or without a topping that will potentially give you heart burn? This is rhetorical btw.

You could always go on Twitter and ask Jones
5I5s8.png

You do know Hendricks was saying the handwraps were too thin, right?

Please, for the love of God, don't question if somebody trains when you don't yourself. And actually learn what you're talking about?

Got GOAT suffers from one of the worst cases of confirmation bias that I have ever seen (that and delusion about anything involving Gustafsson).

Once he gets a thought in that little pea-sized brain of his, any piece of information that confirms his thought (even if it actually doesn't, he just misinterpreted it) only furthers that his opinion is a fact.

I honestly wonder if this guy has any friends in real life.

Back