Fact. Hitting your opponent after he's out is cowardly, douchey and unsportsmanlike.

Is hitting a guy after he's clearly out any different than holding a submission too long?

If so, how?

I mostly agree. Jeremy Stephens and Dan Henderson are two of my least favorite fighters for this reason (among others).

Not everyone is a samurai like Machida

lyotomachidaknocksoutmarkmunoz1.gif

I remember during Mousasi v Jacare 1 when Mousasi up kicked him, he was out, he basically stop throwing punches after the first one seeing Jacare was already out.

He's done this a few times in his career.

Respect.
When he beat the hell out of Dan Henderson he stopped to give the ref a chance to stop it but he didn't so he had to go back. In the post fight interview he was saying he didn't want to hit him again because he respected him. Ironic given how much of a scumbag Henderson is about this. He was saved by Mousasi's decency.

Not all post-KO hits are created equal. Sometimes they're not full force and work more as signaling (you BETTER get in here, ref) or keeping one's hand in in case it's only a flash KO.

Fact: walking away like Palhares or Anderson Silva instead of finishing the match is incredibly stupid.
People throw strikes at an unconscious opponent MUCH MUCH more often than people lose from not throwing a strike at an unconscious opponent.

ya its part of the reason why i dont like dan henderson dude acts like scum in the cage and everyone here lets it go because they are all muricans just like their hero hendo
Lol he's like a sociopath. Very soft spoken all american, but tries to kill unconcious people.

Hendo flies into a blind rage when he sees someone go limp and just wants them gone forever.

Pretty much.

Still love the Hendo punch.

Maybe it's accidental? Plus you shouldn't stop til the ref tells you to stop. Fighters know the risk before they get in the cage. This ain't volleyball

This is the appropriate response to the thread.

Seriously. Wtf people. Sometimes I think fans forget these are real guys and girls taking this type of punishement. They're fucking human beings who have lives, children, friends, spouses, family, etc...so when I see people applauding strikes after a very obvious ko it makes me sick. Where's the basic human decency?

This is much easier to decide from the couch with a beer than after someone's been trying to take your head off.

Seriously. Wtf people. Sometimes I think fans forget these are real guys and girls taking this type of punishement. They're fucking human beings who have lives, children, friends, spouses, family, etc...so when I see people applauding strikes after a very obvious ko it makes me sick. Where's the basic human decency?

You are correct, except when Hendo does it of course. Then it is divine justice and he is God's messenger.

Is hitting a guy after he's clearly out any different than holding a submission too long?

If so, how?
One happens after the bell and one happens before the bell? Different things.

Henderson (Bisping, Wand 2, Lombard), Rampage (Wand 3), and Lawler (Trigg) are the most egregious examples that come to mind. I'm sure there are more that I can't immediately recall.
Don't forget Russow (Duffee)

Lol he's like a sociopath. Very soft spoken all american, but tries to kill unconcious people.

Hendo flies into a blind rage when he sees someone go limp and just wants them gone forever.

Right. Hendo is scummy af in that regard. He's the KO version of Mir.

A lot of the time it is easy to see the fighter in unconscious or in no fit state to defend themselves. It is no different to a 'coward's punch'[the term is getting used more and more down here], or a 'king hit', when someone on the street hits someone from behind.

After the Bisping fight i went right off Henderson, i just think he's an unintelligent prick!
That particular punch, and one Tank Abbott threw at someone unconscious are the worst i've seen.
There should be some kind of penalty when this is done, a hefty fine or something.
It's dangerous as hell.

A lot of the time it is easy to see the fighter in unconscious or in no fit state to defend themselves. It is no different to a 'coward's punch'[the term is getting used more and more down here], or a 'king hit', when someone on the street hits someone from behind.

After the Bisping fight i went right off Henderson, i just think he's an unintelligent prick!
That particular punch, and one Tank Abbott threw at someone unconscious are the worst i've seen.
There should be some kind of penalty when this is done, a hefty fine or something.
It's dangerous as hell.

Well, no. It's not a King Hit, because what we have in the cage are two willing combatants who know they're in a fight. The coward's punch/king hit doesn't involve two willing combatants. At the end of the day, it's the responsibility of the referee to end the fight. You don't stop until the ref tells you to. You can walk off like Hunto, like a boss, if you've got that Hunto power. Most humans don't. If unnecessary strikes are thrown, point the finger at the referee for not getting in there in time, not the guy fighting for his next payday to provide for his family.

Back