Fact. Hitting your opponent after he's out is cowardly, douchey and unsportsmanlike.

Skinner punch.jpg
When someone says they want earlier stoppages...

This reply is for idiots "you don'tlike to see people get knocked out, go watch golf lolololol".

Or maybe its just for people who understand that violence is the nature of the sport, not for pussies who want to tame it down to the point that it is no longer recognizable.

Fighter safety is good, but not at the risk of losing a match you could have finished.
Furthermore, one or two more punches and the ref steps in vs stepping away and now if the ref doesnt step in, that guy comes back from consciousness only to take 50 more punches by the end of the fight. Which one is truly more damaging to the opponent?

This is similar to the argument of having a standing count when an opponent gets knocked down. Sure, it looks better than having a guy follow up a knockdown with brutal GnP, but which one is truly more damaging? One finishes a fight ASAP in a way that looks brutal, the other has the potential for piling one concussion on another for several minutes, but it looks less savage.

Last edited:
ya its part of the reason why i dont like dan henderson dude acts like scum in the cage and everyone here lets it go because they are all muricans just like their hero hendo

I wish I was like Hendo.

That's why Hunto is a boss. The walk off KO along with looking bad ass, saves potential extended damage but the only problem is it forces the ref into a decision of a potential early stoppage. Anyway, I agree... but you can't have a 10 count or anything because most of the fight could potentially be on the floor. So then it comes down to the fighters, whether they want to take the risk of letting opponent recover or tell the ref that he's out cold.

You're supposed to keep fighting until the ref stops it. But I agree with you, it's not cool.

they have to do what you need to do to ensure victory. they don't need to worry about anyone else's career except their own, it's a cut throat sport, not everyone is going to have a fun time.

Well, even though I agree with you, I don't think you understand what the word "fact" means. The argument you presented is an example of an opinion.

Sometimes when I see it, I feel the person doing it is purposely trying to give them extra brain damage to get ahead in the division and make sure their opponent doesnt make a comeback for a rematch down the line.

Made no difference, it was the end of a round.

Vastly different from the Palhares situation.
Regardless I was just answering the question. He did walk away after all

I agree wen the KO is clear. I didn't like when Dan Henderson did it to Bisping. Not necessary. I don't even like Bisping

In the documentary Smashing Machine, Mark Kerr talks about that kind of stuff and how he doesn't want to hurt the opponent. He wants to win. Sometimes that means hurting your opponent but that's not the goal

Calling someone who fights for a living a coward = typical internet loser talk

It happens within a split second, your brain doesn't always register that it's unnecessary damage.

Also there's been way too many instances of guys not going for the kill and losing because of it. Which means taking a pay decrease for that specific fight, and probably a decrease in your future contract as well.

I agree wen the KO is clear. I didn't like when Dan Henderson did it to Bisping. Not necessary. I don't even like Bisping

In the documentary Smashing Machine, Mark Kerr talks about that kind of stuff and how he doesn't want to hurt the opponent. He wants to win. Sometimes that means hurting your opponent but that's not the goal

Yeah, I agree. In the Hendo/Bisping case I felt it was clearly a revenge motive rather than just making sure he secures the win. Mark Kerr was the man

I remember during Mousasi v Jacare 1 when Mousasi up kicked him, he was out, he basically stop throwing punches after the first one seeing Jacare was already out.

He's done this a few times in his career.

Respect.

Back