Fact: Conor would be a fairly small LW...

Man, he needs Dolce bad. For a guy walking around at 168, there's no reason to look like this at 145!

But this shit is funny....

Or he could take out the middle man (dolce) and go to Walgreens and buy his own laxatives.

Just a thought.

He works with george locklear or lockheart whatever his name is.

Lockhart is crucial for Conor if he ever fights at FW again, IMO. He looked fantastic for the Aldo fight. I'm really glad to see that he has decided to work with Lockhart year-round regardless of what division he fights in.

Conor is roughly the same size as RDA but with a longer reach, as we all saw. And yet, at that time, Conor fans were proudly claiming that Conor DWARFED RDA because RDA was a tad shorter and was wearing dress shoes. Strangely nobody thought that RDA made some sort of incredible feat when he defeated Nate, who's now some sort of nearly mythical Goliath to Conor fans.

"I don't like making this [145] weight. I like fighting at lightweight. I fought at lightweight many times in my career. I'm fast at lightweight. I come in refreshed at lightweight."

- McGregor

His situation is not that far removed from Poirier, Barao, Hendricks, etc.

His "natural" weight class is probably something around 150 lbs. But of the weight classes that do exist I have a hard time saying it's 145 lbs. That is a pretty brutal cut for him.

Barao yes.

Hendricks is not a particularly big welterweight, he just lacks discipline. He fought the Robbie Lawler rematch with a sloppy belly hanging off him. His problems are mental, not physical, getting to 171lbs.

Poirer started his career as a 8-1 lightweight. He dropped to featherweight upon entering the UFC, with good-not-great results. He moved back to lightweight and has gone 4-0, and just fantastically knocked out a world class fighter in Bobby Green.

Dustin is absolutely of an appropriate size to be a lightweight.

Conor is roughly the same size as RDA but with a longer reach, as we all saw. And yet, at that time, Conor fans were proudly claiming that Conor DWARFED RDA because RDA was a tad shorter and was wearing dress shoes. Strangely nobody thought that RDA made some sort of incredible feat when he defeated Nate, who's now some sort of nearly mythical Goliath to Conor fans.
Mythical Goliath? No, however I took a poll and he was the general consensus most durable LW.

Khabib_Nurmagomedov-15506.jpg

Khabib says that Conor would be wise to stay at FW.

Damn.

That would redefine grapple fucked.

He would cut at least 15lbs to make 155 (i don't know how cutting minimum 15lbs makes you small, especially for lightweight)

Conor's only like 5'9", so he'd be one of the shorter LWs for sure.

Quit making excuses for him, TS. He's bigger than BJ Penn FFS

It's not just about height, it's about your frame, musculature, and bone density. 5'9 is about average height at LW

You would think khabib would keep his mouth shut after the jabs he was giving pettis about being injury prone then not fighting for 2 years himself
When you're the best LW in the world I think you can say what you'd like.

Conor is small for LW but he really looked drawn out at 145ish

He has the height of a featherweight.
He has the weight of a lightweight.
He has the reach of a welterweight.

"I don't like making this [145] weight. I like fighting at lightweight. I fought at lightweight many times in my career. I'm fast at lightweight. I come in refreshed at lightweight."

- McGregor

"In true warfare weight is not an issue so this is something I enjoy. I have fought bigger men before so I look forward to it."

- McGregor

The last 4 ufc lightweight champions have ALL been 5'9 (alvarez,rda, Pettis, and benson). Everyone's ranting how Khabib could be the next champion and he's about the same height

Not only would he be average height, it seems like an optimal height for the weight class (10 out of the top 15 fighters along with the champion are 5"10 or under).

Last edited:
Back