FACT: Conor is a LW that can *just* make FW. Nate is a WW that can *just* make LW.

Yeah they are just about 1 solid weight class apart when both are in peak shape

Imagine if a smaller LW like RDA (who Conor stated he is bigger than at 155) had to fight monsters like Tibau, Diaz, Cerrone: he'd be overwhelmed by their size.

Before Nate tried to fight at WW a few years ago he claimed he weighed around 185 and was tired of starving himself to fight at LW. There is no way on God's green earth Conor and Nate have the same walk around weight.
heres more from that inerview

While Diaz admits the difficulty of competing at 155 pounds, the fiery Stockton, Calif., native said he cut less than 10 pounds in the final weeks before the Monday fight. Nevertheless, Diaz said he felt drained after three rounds.

“I didn’t cut too much weight,” Diaz said. “I went about it just like normal. I just didn’t go strong like I’d been training. I [expletive] on my performance yesterday.

“I can get bigger easier or I can get smaller easier, but I’ve been dieting for the last six years, and I’m getting [expletive] fed up with it, going in there not having enough energy. I’m running off no fuel, going off of vegetables and fruits. It’s hit or miss.”

heres more from that inerview

While Diaz admits the difficulty of competing at 155 pounds, the fiery Stockton, Calif., native said he cut less than 10 pounds in the final weeks before the Monday fight. Nevertheless, Diaz said he felt drained after three rounds.

“I didn’t cut too much weight,” Diaz said. “I went about it just like normal. I just didn’t go strong like I’d been training. I [expletive] on my performance yesterday.

“I can get bigger easier or I can get smaller easier, but I’ve been dieting for the last six years, and I’m getting [expletive] fed up with it, going in there not having enough energy. I’m running off no fuel, going off of vegetables and fruits. It’s hit or miss.”
Sure, because he already trimmed everything he could prior to the last week, and having a super lean frame means cutting water is harder for him. He literally says he has dieted for six years to make LW. That tells you it's hard for him.

Before Nate tried to fight at WW a few years ago he claimed he weighed around 185 and was tired of starving himself to fight at LW. There is no way on God's green earth Conor and Nate have the same walk around weight.
They definitely do.

Nice try. Just admit Conor lost to somebody his size, it was 100% fair. Nate didn't even train FFS he rolled out of bed and kicked Conor's ass.

We've seen fighters overcome waayyyyy bigger size disadvantages than that.

They definitely do.

Nice try. Just admit Conor lost to somebody his size, it was 100% fair. Nate didn't even train FFS he rolled out of bed and kicked Conor's ass.

We've seen fighters overcome waayyyyy bigger size disadvantages than that.

I'd never argue against that. And you're right, the Conor/Nate fight was perfectly fair - Conor even got to pick his opponent, he got exactly what he asked for.

None of that makes Conor and Nate the same size. They physically are not.

Well they've both made weight at their respective weight class so I guess I'll count them as such.

whats the issue here? Conor is a small LW and Nate is a big LW. Why Conor wants to keep fighting Nate at WW makes no sense.

connor always makes weight at 145

also nate at 155

rest is bullshit

I'd never argue against that. And you're right, the Conor/Nate fight was perfectly fair - Conor even got to pick his opponent, he got exactly what he asked for.

None of that makes Conor and Nate the same size. They physically are not.
Give or take a few measly pounds but come on dude nobody is ever the same EXACT size.

If you're trying to say they are an entire weight class apart you're dead wrong. Nate may have 1-5 pounds on him max but were not talking about a fw vs a lw or ww. Were talking about 2 LWs who are in the same weight class.

Give or take a few measly pounds but come on dude nobody is ever the same EXACT size.

If you're trying to say they are an entire weight class apart you're dead wrong. Nate may have 1-5 pounds on him max but were not talking about a fw vs a lw or ww. Were talking about 2 LWs who are in the same weight class.
We are literally talking about a FW champ vs a LW. That is exactly what we are talking about. There'd be a difference of well over 5lbs between Nate and Conor.

You are correct, but both the FW and LW divisions are full of guys who can only just make weight, the whole size argument pisses me off, everyone chooses to fight in a certain division, some like to cut a lot and some don't.

As long as they make weight it's a fair fight.

We are literally talking about a FW champ vs a LW. That is exactly what we are talking about. There'd be a difference of well over 5lbs between Nate and Conor.
Ok so you're just a fucking looney toon. Conor is a natural LW same way Fedor is a natural mw/lhw. Just because Fedor fights at HW doesn't mean he cant easily make LHW.

Conor is without a doubt a LW who cuts more than most. Rumble fought at WW but he's naturally a huge LHW. Same for Conor.

Hes a natural LW and so is Nate.

Fact

TS doesn't know the meaning of the word fact.

Also, the telling factor will be which weight they fight at after this fight.

In my opinion though both guys would perform best at LW

Ok so you're just a fucking looney toon. Conor is a natural LW same way Fedor is a natural mw/lhw. Just because Fedor fights at HW doesn't mean he cant easily make LHW.

Conor is without a doubt a LW who cuts more than most. Rumble fought at WW but he's naturally a huge LHW. Same for Conor.

Hes a natural LW and so is Nate.
OK, so your criteria for 'natural weight' is just whatever you feel is true? The fact that Conor has never missed 145 doesn't make a difference? The fact the Fedor naturally weighed 220lbs doesn't make him a natural HW?

And you say I'm the looney one?

Sure, because he already trimmed everything he could prior to the last week, and having a super lean frame means cutting water is harder for him. He literally says he has dieted for six years to make LW. That tells you it's hard for him.
Cutting weight is hard for everybody. Every lw is dieting to make weight. That's how it works . Conor on the other hand is knocking on deaths door when he cuts. It's almost like you didn't even read the whole article even though you posted it first.

Conor was also a LW champ in another organization.

Back