FACT: Conor is a LW that can *just* make FW. Nate is a WW that can *just* make LW.

Conor should be fighting at LW. He can make FW, but it is obviously very unhealthy evidenced by his face alone at the weigh ins

Nate can make 155, but he can also make 170 and not be super undersized. I have seen many posts saying Nate is 200 pounds (not that I believe it).

Also, if Nate ever care to work on his wrestling, he would probably do well at 170. Also, another reason he does not fight there is because Nick does. So please, all of you saying 155 is Nate's sole division are talking some serious sh*t

You're in whatever fucking weightclass that you can make, period. All this "not an actual weightclass that they are in" talk is bogus and I'm tired of seeing it used as an excuse or explanation to why somebody wins. It's disrespectful to the winners and a sad excuse for losers.

The only time something like this ever needs to be brought up is when they MISS weight. If you can make weight, YOU BELONG IN THAT WEIGHT CLASS

Their frames are still a full weight class apart. Conor agreeing to the first fight @ 170 was asinine. This is essentially a fight in the lightweight division where both guys agree to not respect the 155 limit. That is OBVIOUSLY going to favor the naturally bigger man.

I'm pumped for this fight, but I don't see any way that Conor wins... unless he's been practicing nothing but leg kicks for months. And even a "win" where he kicks and gets on his bike for 5 rounds isn't going to do him a whole lotta good.

Conor talks a ton of shit about size and style being irrelevant and a true mixed martial artist finds a way to win against any opponent of any size. He even talked shit about that really big dude when they sparred, you know the dude who played the big zombie guard on Game of Thrones, saying how he would beat the big guy and that guy is like 380 lbs. If he loses to Diaz he's not a good enough martial artist, size has nothing to do with it according to himself.

Nate is an undersized welterweight without the physical ability to ward off welterweights. He's a tall lightweight, not a huge one.

usa-today-8688451.0.jpg
This picture is creepy and I hate coming across it

Fact: You just want to make Conor look Better.

Nate doesnt kill himself and look like a dead man walking making 155, while on the other hand, Conor do look pretty bad making 145, Nate is the bigger man? Yes, but Conor is probably more suited to 155 than Nate for 170.
This. Nate is clearly the bigger man. But this narrative that Conor is moving up to fight a Goliath is silly. I'd say that Nate is a big LW (not the biggest, but still toward the upper end), while Conor makes for a smallish/average LW.

That being said, props to Conor for his willingness to fight bigger opponents. Although fighting at 170 is asinine and creates a built-in excuse.

I get the gist of what you're saying as it pertains to difference in Nate and Conor's frame but fighters don't necessarily belong to any weightclass. Was BJ Penn a MW (Machida fight), WW, LW or FW? He was all of them.

Otherwise it's like saying the current FW champ is a LW. He's a FW when he fights FW. Saturday night he's a WW.

Nate can make LW easily. He's been doing it for years. Conor looks like a Holocaust survivor during weigh-ins.

FACT: If they bothed weighed 205 at weigh ins, they would be LHW.

Guess you missed how even his own coach admitted how taxing and difficult it is for Nate to make 155.
Kavanagh shared similar sentiments about Conor killing himself to make 145.

IMO, I think, at similar body fat levels, Nate is about 6-7lbs heavier than Conor tops. 145 looks like the complete limit for Conor. Nate has never looked as drained weighing-in at 155 as Conor has on several occasions. I'm not saying Nate can make 150, but he didn't look so sunken/dried-out that he couldn't drop a few more lbs. Conor has more muscle, especially in his legs and core. Nate is a tall, toned, skinny guy. At 155, Conor would be average sized and Diaz a little above average size. That's where the fight should happen.

That's still just one weight class apart, not two.

At BEST.

The false narratives are truly amazing.

You're fucking dumb, TS. That furls up this discussion about as eloquently as needed.

Their frames are still a full weight class apart. Conor agreeing to the first fight @ 170 was asinine. This is essentially a fight in the lightweight division where both guys agree to not respect the 155 limit. That is OBVIOUSLY going to favor the naturally bigger man.

I'm pumped for this fight, but I don't see any way that Conor wins... unless he's been practicing nothing but leg kicks for months. And even a "win" where he kicks and gets on his bike for 5 rounds isn't going to do him a whole lotta good.

nate vs bendo at lightweight

hqdefault.jpg

nate vs rory at welter

hqdefault.jpg

nate is wee

Back