Fact - checking BRYCE MITCHELL

Would you like to add anything to the thread? I've linked my sources to actual scientific studies, the official CDC statements from their Covid-19 testing procedure on their official website, and World Health Organization influenza related respiratory deaths from previous years also on their official website.

I've put facts with actual science sources to back it, please feel free to do the same. I'll wait...

I was speaking to those arguing against the efficacy of masks, not you, but as you seem to have something of a chip on your shoulder here, it seems rude not to respond:

Maybe before you slap yourself on the back for your critical thinking, and start suggesting that you are espousing facts, you may want to take into account the numerous studies which contradict those which you posted, and consider that maybe, just maybe you are experiencing some confirmation bias?

Last edited:
This is what happens when we stop teaching critical thinking. We have a nation full of idiots who think their opinion is worth more than education and experience.

Go punch people, dummy. Leave the thinking for the heavy lifters.

Haha you’re stupid as shit.

650,000 global deaths from the flu with no lockdowns, quarantines, social distancing or masks.

1,213,224 global covid (roughly double) deaths WITH social distancing, travel bans, mask mandates, lockdowns and quarantines, and the year hasn’t even ended. What do you think happens when you compound the hospitalizations and deaths from both within a system equipped to deal with only the regular flu cases? You fucking genius lol. How many deaths would there be with no lockdowns, no masks, no quarantines, etx, just like we don’t have for the flu? Are you aware that we have a flu vaccine for vulnerable groups? I mean damn, you are a special kind of stupid.

Lol man. “There is a chance” Just means that the test isn’t perfect, not that it’s useless or will give false positives 100% of the time. Think about it. If it was useless, why run it?

The same website says that the actual covid test will not be positive unless you have it, and it’s the main one used to calculate the cases anyway, so what the fuck are you talking about? Note: Other coronaviruses cannot produce a positive result on a viral test for SARS-CoV-2. Did you read your own source?

“The virus is much weaker now compared to when it was originally released from the lab and that is due to partial herd immunity. The healthy people getting infected weakened the virus strain over time and help stop the spread because they will have partial immunity.”

Is there a source, or just more made up bullshit? Because cases and deaths are trending up again.

The treatment is no different than what you would do if you had a regular cold/flu.

Except for the fact that it has a higher hospitalization rate causing hospitals to run short of ventilators, is much more contagious and has a higher death rate among vulnerable people, and we have no vaccine for it. So, oh wait, it’s not like the flu at all.

Remember the survival rate is over 99%, right now you are more likely to die from the vaccine than Covid-19. Last numbers that were floating around were 18% death rate, and over 80% severe sickness side effect from vaccines in clinical trials.

Useless to talk about survival rates without specifying age groups. No one is campaigning for young healthy people to lock themselves in their rooms forever, just to avoid being reckless and fucking up vulnerable people’s lives by wearing a damn mask and avoiding crowded spaces as not to over burden hospitals with avoidable cases. And who is campaigning for the massive distribution of experimental vaccines other than Russia? And where are those numbers from anyway?

tenor.gif

Guy who calls himself “Thugnasty” and gets punched in the head for a living isn’t completely accurate. I’m shocked!

Poor whites love lying about their struggles

Haha you’re stupid as shit.

650,000 global deaths from the flu with no lockdowns, quarantines, social distancing or masks.

1,213,224 global covid (roughly double) deaths WITH social distancing, travel bans, mask mandates, lockdowns and quarantines, and the year hasn’t even ended. What do you think happens when you compound the hospitalizations and deaths from both within a system equipped to deal with only the regular flu cases? You fucking genius lol. How many deaths would there be with no lockdowns, no masks, no quarantines, etx, just like we don’t have for the flu? Are you aware that we have a flu vaccine for vulnerable groups? I mean damn, you are a special kind of stupid.

Lol man. “There is a chance” Just means that the test isn’t perfect, not that it’s useless or will give false positives 100% of the time. Think about it. If it was useless, why run it?

The same website says that the actual covid test will not be positive unless you have it, and it’s the main one used to calculate the cases anyway, so what the fuck are you talking about? Note: Other coronaviruses cannot produce a positive result on a viral test for SARS-CoV-2. Did you read your own source?

“The virus is much weaker now compared to when it was originally released from the lab and that is due to partial herd immunity. The healthy people getting infected weakened the virus strain over time and help stop the spread because they will have partial immunity.”

Is there a source, or just more made up bullshit? Because cases and deaths are trending up again.

The treatment is no different than what you would do if you had a regular cold/flu.

Except for the fact that it has a higher hospitalization rate causing hospitals to run short of ventilators, is much more contagious and has a higher death rate among vulnerable people, and we have no vaccine for it. So, oh wait, it’s not like the flu at all.

Remember the survival rate is over 99%, right now you are more likely to die from the vaccine than Covid-19. Last numbers that were floating around were 18% death rate, and over 80% severe sickness side effect from vaccines in clinical trials.

Useless to talk about survival rates without specifying age groups. No one is campaigning for young healthy people to lock themselves in their rooms forever, just to avoid being reckless and fucking up vulnerable people’s lives by wearing a damn mask and avoiding crowded spaces as not to over burden hospitals with avoidable cases. Are you aware that even 1% of the population represents hundreds of thousands or millions of potentially avoidable deaths? And are you aware that the case rate compounds exponentially and not linearly the less controls you have? And who is campaigning for the massive distribution of experimental vaccines other than Russia? And where are those numbers from anyway?

Don't bother with logic.

I had a sherdoggy tell me he never goes to hospitals (like it's best buy or walmart) because I work in a hospital and have factual (first person) reactions to the coronavirus situation.

Nit wits love lying based on the internet bubblegum blogs and a lying reality tv star.

I wonder if you he would care this much about fresh air if the discussion was about environmental regulations and not masks.

I think his point is that Covid is no worse than the flu & it's a bunch of bullshit that we're being controlled in this way.

Here’s a fun article where the WHO unwittingly confirms the Rona isn’t any worse than the flu

I think his point is that Covid is no worse than the flu & it's a bunch of bullshit that we're being controlled in this way.

Here’s a fun article where the WHO unwittingly confirms the Rona isn’t any worse than the flu

As someone who actually works in the medical industry, nobody is controlling me.

Are we being controlled by the lizard people?

(asking for a friend)

Just change the channel or go grab some food when he talks into the mic. Talented guy but I can't stand his hillbilly / retard voice.

As someone who actually works in the medical industry, nobody is controlling me.

Are we being controlled by the lizard people?

(asking for a friend)
Indirectly... the lizard people are controlling the people who are controlling you.

Make masks optional.

answer: masks can’t be optional

first fact check basically says masks are optional lol

they could be optional. They shouldn’t. There’s no point if not everyone is going to wear them. Or at least very little point.

There’s no point if not everyone is going to wear them. Or at least very little point.
I've got a mask that not even the tiny asbestos particles can get through. If someone's worried about the much larger flu germs getting through their paper mask, then they can get one of those yeah? Then they can quit telling me & Bryce how teh fook we should be living our lives.

I've got a mask that not even the tiny asbestos particles can get through. If someone's worried about the much larger flu germs getting through their paper mask, then they can get one of those yeah? Then they can quit telling me & Bryce how teh fook we should be living our lives.
No. There’s no mask on the planet made in enough quantity to mask the whole population

No. There’s no mask on the planet made in enough quantity to mask the whole population
You're missing the point. Me & Bryce are so fucking healthy that rona just bounces off of our stellar immune system. Another 99% of the people on earth are the same way. If you're someone with health problems & YOU FEEL LIKE YOU NEED THAT PROTECTION, then YOU get to fooking Amazon.com & hook teh fook up & quit bothering me & Bryce.

6000half.jpg

Wear a go damned space suit for all i care but don't tell me what teh fook to do.

Last edited:
You're missing the point. Me & Bryce are so fucking healthy that rona just bounces off of our stellar immune system. If you're someone with health problems & YOU FEEL LIKE YOU NEED THAT PROTECTION, then get to fooking Amazon.com & hook teh fook up & quit bothering me & Bryce.

6000half.jpg
Very schticky. I’m overweight and have high blood pressure. I got covid. It was a headache and body aches for 24hrs. Then a mandatory sitting in isolation for 14 days which was worse than the virus for me. But then there’s marathon runners in peak physical condition laying in hospitals and in comas for 45 days before succumbing. So I’m not sure that’s how this virus works. But the post itself is, very niiiiice.

Very schticky. I’m overweight and have high blood pressure. I got covid. It was a headache and body aches for 24hrs. Then a mandatory sitting in isolation for 14 days which was worse than the virus for me. But then there’s marathon runners in peak physical condition laying in hospitals and in comas for 45 days before succumbing. So I’m not sure that’s how this virus works. But the post itself is, very niiiiice.

I'm not sure whether you're dissing my post by pointing out that marathon runners are dying from Covid or that you're supporting it by saying it's nice.

I'm curious to see the number of these peak physical specimens that have been layed out in the hospital for 45 days. Was this one example you're picking out? Did they have pre-existing issues that maybe allowed them to run a marathon but then made they had a shit immune system? Were they wrongly treated?

The fact is, that just like the standard yearly flu... it only kills people with other problems or who have been wrongly treated... like Rogans friend Michael Yo who was in fantastic shape that was given an antibiotic that almost killed him because Rona feeds on anti-biotics... or putting someone on a ventalator too soon etc....

It's always been up to that person with the problems to handle their business during flu season & not shut down the entire economy putting billions out of work & forcing everyone to wear masks. That's fine for a couple weeks or a month, to make sure it isn't something really serious, but once we saw that it wasn't as bad as we thought, they should've lifted the shutdowns.

Bryce Mitchell nabbed the biggest win of his young career on Saturday night, a grappling-heavy victory over action-veteran Andre Fili in the evening’s co-main event. But his performance was quickly overshadowed by his desire to make a different kind of statement.

After he finished fielding questions during the UFC Vegas 12 post-fight press conference, Mitchell took some time to offer his opinion on how his home state of Arkansas was dealing with COVID-19. To say he is unhappy would be an understatement.

Mitchell had a lot to say on the subject of masks, the government, and COVID-19. Bloody Elbow broke down ‘Thugnasty’’s points from his time on the mic.

Bryce Mitchell: I was driving by an elementary school the other day and I seen all these kids outside that were trying to play on the playground… and they all got masks on.

Accuracy? - Possibly true, but not by state mandate

According to a memo from the Arkansas Department of Health, which is dated October 5, 2020:

Persons younger than 10 years of age (This requirement shall not supersede any decision by the Secretary of Education, public school district, or private school to require masks for children younger than 10 years of age while attending school); are exempt from wearing a mask.

A partial list of others who are exempt from wearing a mask, according to that same memo, are:

Persons with a medical condition or disability that prevents wearing a face covering.

Persons performing job duties where a six feet distance is not achievable, but a mask is inhibitory to the ability to safely and effectively perform the job duty.

Persons participating in athletic activities where a six feet distance is not achievable, but a mask is inhibitory to the activity or active exercise.

Persons consuming food or drink.

Persons driving alone or with passengers from the driver’s household.

Mitchell: And I see them out there, some of them (elementary school students), some of them taking their masks off so they can breathe fresh air. They can get fresh air in their lungs when they take their masks off... And that makes me sick that these kids can’t get fresh air.

Accuracy? - False

According to the Mayo Clinic:

For many years, health care providers have worn masks for extended periods of time with no adverse health reactions. The CDC recommends wearing cloth masks while in public, and this option is very breathable. There is no risk of hypoxia, which is lower oxygen levels, in healthy adults. Carbon dioxide will freely diffuse through your mask as you breathe.

Mitchell: There was no vote that said we want our kids in masks, we want to wear masks, we want our businesses shut down, we want our restaurants at half capacity, we want our gyms at half capacity and I just don’t know who [Arkansas governor Asa Hutchinson] thinks he is telling us that we have to shut down our businesses or shut our businesses to half capacity without a vote.

Accuracy? - State governments can absolutely tell you to wear a mask.

According to the American Bar Association:

Under the U.S. Constitution’s 10th Amendment and U.S. Supreme Court decisions over nearly 200 years, state governments have the primary authority to control the spread of dangerous diseases within their jurisdictions. The 10th Amendment, which gives states all powers not specifically given to the federal government, allows them the authority to take public health emergency actions, such as setting quarantines and business restrictions.

Mitchell: Make the masks optional.

Answer: Masks can’t be optional.

According to the CDC:

COVID-19 can be spread by people who do not have symptoms and do not know that they are infected. That’s why it’s important for everyone to wear masks in public settings and practice social distancing.

The mask helps prevent a person who is sick from spreading the virus to others. It helps keep respiratory droplets contained and from reaching other people.

Mitchell: If your mask works so well, why are you worried about if I’m wearing one?

Answer: You or others might be asymptomatic.

According to the University of California at San Francisco:

More recently, an Oregon seafood processing plant where workers were required to wear face masks reported an outbreak of 124 cases, 95 percent of which were asymptomatic. Similarly, in a Tyson chicken processing plant outbreak in Arkansas where workers were provided mandatory masks, 455 out of 481, or nearly 95 percent were asymptomatic.

Mitchell: Restaurants are at half capacity.

Accuracy? - Currently False

According to a memo from the Arkansas Department of Health dated September 9, 2020:

Dine-in service may continue; seating may now increase to up to 66% of total seating capacity. This includes indoor and outdoor dining areas. Seating shall be adjusted to maintain six (6) feet between occupied seats at adjacent tables.

Mitchell: In Arkansas it claims to have killed 270 people. The CDC claims 270 people died from corona.

Accuracy? - False

According to the Arkansas Department of Health, here are the numbers for the state as of November 1, 2020:

Total Cases: 113,057

Total Active Cases: 10,420

Total Deaths: 1,958

Mitchell clearly has some strong feelings about having to wear a mask while out in public. But at least from the points he raised at the UFC Vegas 12 presser, it doesn’t seem like he has many facts to back them up.

(from Bloody Elbow)

Anyone supporting their political argument with BloodyTampon content should be deported immediately.

Back