Fact: Aldo has a definite chance to beat Pettis, no other champ has this P4P claim.

Aldo would starch Barao. Better boxing, better wrestling, better jitz.

Also has the size advantage.

That's pretty much speculative and I highly doubt either guy has an exploitable advantage over the other in those departments.

I would say Aldo has the better Muay Thai with a more versatile attack, Barao has shown better boxing with heavier hands.

Aldo also has a known weakness in the cardio department while Barao has a seemingly endless gas tank.

Also, they're both 5'7" and Barao says he would prefer to fight at 145 but is down a weight class because Aldo is champion there. So no, Aldo does not have a size advantage.

I would also say Mighty Mouse has a 25-35% chance of beating Barao if he is able to use his quickness to outpoint him. If Barao uses his size and strength advantage like Dominick Cruz did against Demetrius, it will be victory for him.

Solid arguments TS.

For the sake of doing it just for fun:

MM would not beat Barao
Barao could beat Aldo
Aldo could beat Pettis
Pettis could beat Hendricks
Hendricks would not beat Weidman
Weidman has a very small chance of beating Jones
Jones has a chance against Cain

I honestly think Weidman and Jones would have chances at their respective next weight classes. Even DJ stylistically could have a shot against Barao.

Aldo has looked poor in 5 of his last 6 fights. It's hard to rate him highly p4p.

Pettis beats Also a lot easier than people think
How? He is possibly the most dangerous kicker in the UFC, yes, but Aldo has such a tight defense and could probably take him down without very much trouble. I think he could pass his guard relatively easily as well.
Fizzee Water said:
That's pretty much speculative and I highly doubt either guy has an exploitable advantage over the other in those departments.
People from around Nova Uniao all say that Barao is somewhat the better grappler, and Aldo is somewhat the better striker. But yeah, they're very close skill-wise. Both have godlike defensive wrestling too, so the fight would probably remain standing.

But, Aldo has better hands and footwork than Barao, don't think it's fair to claim that Barao has better boxing when if he is better in any aspect of striking, it would be kicking. Barao gets so wild when he's drawn into exchanges, he just swings for the fences, look at his fight with Pickett-- there's no way you should be getting cracked with bombs from an untechnical brawler like that, and yet nonetheless you have Barao winging wild punches with his chin up and getting tagged.

I would say Aldo has the better Muay Thai with a more versatile attack, Barao has shown better boxing with heavier hands.

Aldo also has a known weakness in the cardio department while Barao has a seemingly endless gas tank.

Also, they're both 5'7" and Barao says he would prefer to fight at 145 but is down a weight class because Aldo is champion there. So no, Aldo does not have a size advantage.

No way Barao has better boxing than Aldo, and I think they are pretty even overall.

Barao has as much of a chance of beating Aldo as Aldo does of beating Pettis.

Aldo may have the best chance but all the champs have a CHANCE of winning.

Yes.

Thanks for providing your deep insight. But Edgar almost beat Aldo and Hominick even had his moments late in that fight.

Pettis finishes him standing, mark my words.

Edgar is a tough fight for any 145er or 155er Pettis included.

Hominick had the fight of his life and still got the crap beat out of him.

Cruz beat him with so much ease...
Err... no, it was very competitive, which says a lot more about Mighty Mouse than it does Cruz. Mighty Mouse has improved a lot since then as well. Barao would dwarf him in size though...

Aldo would definitely be the favorite vs Pettis.

And Erick Silva was the favorite against Matt Brown... doesn't mean all that much, does it?

Ha! No. Cruz beat him with so much ease...barao would annihilate him.

Mighty Mouse was working full time in a factory when that fight happened. He's improved leaps and bounds since that fight. I still give Barao the edge, but Mouse would do better than freakin Wineland and Dillashaw

Ha! No. Cruz beat him with so much ease...barao would annihilate him.

He beat Cruz standing, and only lost to the takedowns. Also, your assumption that Barao is better than Cruz is unfounded.

I think ANY champion would have a reasonable chance of beating the champ in the weight class above them.

Hendricks moving up and Pettis moving up are the two least likely to win IMO.

So it's a fact that there's a chance?

Well I'll be...

Back