Facebook is Going Full Retard

KILL KILL

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I know you guys get equally up in arms as I do when you see an injustice occurring so I figured I'd make this post regarding Facebook.

Like many people out there, I make my living through online marketing. Since Facebook began allowing paid advertising back in 2012, it has become an amazing outlet for businesses to connect with their market.....until recently. I also know you guys hate reading, so I will give a quick rundown.

• Facebook charges businesses to post ads in order to acquire "Likes". Millions of businesses all over the world have use this as a way to provide a service to those that are interested. The more likes, the more they charge.
  • Obviously, Facebook is a business and businesses need to make money. There's no problem there.
  • However, about 6-8 months ago, Facebook began limiting the amount of people that could view the posts in their newsfeeds, forcing business owners to pay in order to reach the audience (the one the business had already paid for).
  • Now it seems Facebook has become even more desperate, drastically shrinking the amount of people that can view the posts created by the business making it impossible for their audience to view their content. In some cases only 1-2% of followers will know that the businesses they chose to "Like" even posted. This forces businesses owners to shell out even MORE money to have their posts seen by the audience that they ALREADY paid for. That's pretty Grimy.
  • If that wasn't bad enough, people are beginning to realize that the "Likes" that they purchased originally are actually fake accounts created in India. It has become obvious that Facebook has been stealing and blatantly lying about their services.
  • So in the end, the business owner paid for an audience, in order to pay to have that audience see their content, but it turns out a bulk of the audience is non-existent in the first place.

Here are 2 videos that Veritasium made recently explaining the entire process. The 2nd video will blow your mind.

This may be the biggest count of fraud of all time since a large majority of businesses in the world use Facebook for branding purposes including the mom and pop store down the street from you. It seems that Facebook is shooting themselves in the foot over a quick money grab.

Once more businesses begin to catch on, they will undoubtedly stop using the platform. Facebooks earnings will drop and their stock will plummet. Perhaps they see that their window of opportunity is closing so they're trying to scrounge up as much money as possible? What do you guys think?

Last edited:
facebook is a piece of shit of application that should be boycotted.

why anyone would want so many intimate details of their life all out in the open i'll never understand.

people pay to monitor our data even when we're just online browsing.

other companies pay for that data.it's that valuable.

So what your saying is that Facebook is raising their prices after initially having lower prices to attract business. What a crazy and unique business strategy. How has no one ever thought of this?

So what your saying is that Facebook is raising their prices after initially having lower prices to attract business. What a crazy and unique business strategy. How has no one ever thought of this?

... this changes everything

:p

facebook is a piece of shit of application that should be boycotted.

why anyone would want so many intimate details of their life all out in the open i'll never understand.

people pay to monitor our data even when we're just online browsing.

other companies pay for that data.it's that valuable.

Google does as well. Anyone that has had a gmail account for any length of time knows that Google actively monitors your emails. I haven't seen it lately, but they used to promote ads directly in gmail. Wanna take a guess at what kinds of ads would pop up? You guessed it, it will "coincidentally" coincide with the content of the emails you send and receive.

For instance, if you sent me an email about bjj, the next time you logged in, there would be an add selling bjj gi's.

no......

They are charging for a service for likes....which are fake.
The followers that you originally paid for....are now unreachable unless you pay again.

This isn't rocket science big guy.

I still have Facebook account just to keep in touch with friends. However, I haven't posted anything new there for 2 years now, especially after Snowden blew the whistle on companies giving data to spy agencies. I don't feel like voluntarily giving up my privacy so government or random people can snoop on me.

To me, it's just to have a place where everyone can look me up and send me hello's and what-not easily.

Maybe the trick is not to "Like" anything or put any biographical information there?

I don't get the info collecting thing though.

What are they gonna get? What are they gonna know? How can they use it?

Google does as well. Anyone that has had a gmail account for any length of time knows that Google actively monitors your emails. I haven't seen it lately, but they used to promote ads directly in gmail. Wanna take a guess at what kinds of ads would pop up? You guessed it, it will "coincidentally" coincide with the content of the emails you send and receive.

For instance, if you sent me an email about bjj, the next time you logged in, there would be an add selling bjj gi's.

Yes Google and Facebook want their hands in everything you do these days. When you combine the two it's even worse. The latest Facebook app on Android even has permission to read your text messages...

This is exactly what yelp does.
Yelp & Facebook only care about fat profits.

So fackbook doesn't want you to buy fake users from a 3rd party site for cheap. They want you to buy their fake 3rd party users for more and both seemingly do nothing for your page.

Pretty shitty but they most likely do worse things.

I don't get the info collecting thing though.

What are they gonna get? What are they gonna know? How can they use it?

Companies like google have their hands in everything online, search engines, browsers, social media applications, email, etc. They have an enormous amount of data stored in databases about each of us. There's a lot of money to be made selling this information to interested companies.

Companies like google have their hands in everything online, search engines, browsers, social media applications, email, etc. They have an enormous amount of data stored in databases about each of us. There's a lot of money to be made selling this information to interested companies.

I can understand that but it seems like it is more just about money. Doesnt seem like anything too malicious.

And all this money that they are scamming out of small time online marketers will go to the creator of some silly app like snapchat when FB buys it for billions of dollars. Marketing through FB is the loser's side of it imo.

Facebook is shit. I as a user have generated negative revenue for them as I have never clicked and ad, never even look at ads, but store some photos.

Facebook is shit. I as a user have generated negative revenue for them as I have never clicked and ad, never even look at ads, but store some photos.

I've actually wondered who the people are that clikc on ads.

I've never clicked on an ad willingly in my life.

I don't use facebook

I use sherdog

Back