Facebook Dating opens to friends with Secret Crush

JonesBones

Excuse my contraflow
@Steel
Reaction score
I like the sound of this.

Facebook built Dating to be privacy-safe, hoping to avoid the awkwardness of friends or family checking out your romance profile. But now Facebook has found a way to let you silently express your affection for a friend without them knowing unless they reciprocate.

Facebook announced today at its F8 conference that Dating is opening in 14 more countries, bringing the total to 19. It will launch in the US before the end of the year. Dating brings with it a new feature called Secret Crush that expands it beyond strangers and friends-of-friends. Choose up to 9 friends you like-like. If they’ve opted into Facebook Dating, they’ll get a notification that some friend has a crush on them. If they add you as a Secret Crush too, you’re both notified and can chat on Messenger.

https://techcrunch.com/2019/04/30/facebook-dating-secret-crush/

Damn.. do people ever date without chatting via social media anymore?

I mean.. doesn´t anybody ask someone out in person anymore?

The Match Company owns Plenty of Fish, Tinder, OK Cupid and of course Match.com. Successful company. There is money there. Their stock tanked last time FB announced they were getting into dating.

I feel like this is just gonna cause an increase in depression.

The Match Company owns Plenty of Fish, Tinder, OK Cupid and of course Match.com. Successful company. There is money there. Their stock tanked last time FB announced they were getting into dating.
Cool story bro but I think it does not answer my question.

Or maybe it does.. and in fact people only ask other people out via social media/apps.

I wonder where does that leaves guys like me who prefer face to face interaction (and suck in app/social media).

I feel like this is just gonna cause an increase in depression.

It's gonna open a lot of new opportunities to be a homewrecker. So many women out there pretending they are happy. As Steve Jobs said, bitches don't know what they want until you show it to them.

How can people date online? Talking over a messenger feels like one of the worst ways to get to know anybody, much less a romantic partner. I guess already being friends on Facebook makes it easier since (I assume) you're already past breaking the ice, but I just don't get it. I don't really like texting in general, so maybe I'm just a bit old-fashioned in that regard

People need so many layers of protection now, shits so weird
Part of growing is learning how to interact and deal with embarrassment and rejection
Just another step down the road of everyone being sensitive little snowflakes

The days of going into the stripclub or bar and picking your gurl is dying. Glad old timers like me keep the skill going..

Good!
wedding3.jpg

More for me!

I don't get it either. I haven't dated anyone through an app or site. Hooked up with some tinder girls but that's because I've had friends tell them to come hang out and bring a friend type of deal. I worked in a bar for a long time I preferred and still use that method.

I will stick with my AOL chat rooms thank you!

lol friend friend...You don't know who your secret crush until your "reciprocate". I can see everyone "reciprocating" just to see who their secret crush is so they can crush them in real life. As in end their reality.

This is a bad idea. But I can see it working with today's generation. I saw a girl asking on Reddit for a prom date because she is too shy to ask irl. People are more comfortable asking online than irl. It can work but ultimately, I think it will fail and the secret admirer will get shamed.

Tinder works better because they're a complete stranger. But on FB, you're either a friend or a friend of a friend. It's not gonna end well.

I can already see the low key thirst playing out 2 ways.

Example 1
Girl: You like like me? We are just friends though!
Guy: Nah, I was just trolling you (cries the angry tears of rejection)

Example 2
Girl: You like me? I always thought you were hot, but I'm dating Kevin, you know that.

Guy: Fuck Kevin, let me get it while he is at work!

I don't get it either. I haven't dated anyone through an app or site. Hooked up with some tinder girls but that's because I've had friends tell them to come hang out and bring a friend type of deal. I worked in a bar for a long time I preferred and still use that method.
Whynotboth.meme

I go out and meet girls. I also use dating apps to meet girls. I just like to meet girls and the more I meet the better as sex is all about running the numbers for guys. You have to meet more to get more sex.

I don't get people who seem hostile to one or the other. Both are just ways to up the amount of people you can meet.

Back