facebar headgear help!!

MEGAhorse

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Yo to homies,

Been looking at some headgear with facebar's. I have a couple choices so I wanted to see what you guys think.

The first one is this Cleto Reyes

56xQPDE.jpg

Description Cleto Reyes Headgear With Nylon Cleto Reyes Headgear With Nylon Face Bar, Old Traditional Steel Bar Face Bar, Old Traditional Steel Bar Style Style One size redesigned model. Excellent three point anatomical fit . Hook and loop rear closure, adjustable chin strap and lace for top adjustment. Light weight protective front bar; extra room and rear padding. Latex foam padding. natural leather. Excellent vision angle.

Other Cleto:

nxRo1SI.jpg

Description Cleto Reyes Headgear With Nylon Cleto Reyes Headgear With Nylon Face Bar -Redesigned Wide Space Face Bar -Redesigned Wide Space Inside Inside One size redesigned model. Three point anatomical fit . Hook and loop rear closure, adjustable chin strap and lace for top adjustment. Light weight protective front bar; extra room and rear padding. Non obstructive design for great visibility. Latex foam padding. natural leather.

I'm looking at the two above, but would like some feedback on both.

My third option would be the fg5k

cLlHwKr.jpg

Not much needs to be said about that.

Go for the fg 5k if thats an option i didnt like the cletos as much as i like my beaulieu or my r2c facesaver.

Blair and shihtzu both state the fg5k is leaps and bounds ahead of the beaulieu

^ this.

FG 5000 is pricey, but worth every cent. Remember you can get it in genuine leather if you prefer it.

The cletos are nice construction but punches can still get thru. The older cleto model is better than the new one imo

However i felt they paled in comparison to the r2c and beaulieu.

Like ivan said. Get the fg 5000, if u can afford it. I usually recommend reyes but i just dont think their headgear is top 5 or even top 10. There are lesser and smaller brands that perform better.

I have the money for the fg, but I'm just loolig for other suggestions. Any other brands u guys recommend?

Not trying to be a pain in the ass by the way : )

Imo topboxer's gear is a very good option, considering customization.

But FG-5000 is a class of its own.

If I may advise, if you want a good facesaver - get it from topboxer, if you want The Facesaver - get Winning.

Rolled eyes ragarding Fighting facesaver lol

David, really, just like Isaac said, except Winning, topboxer and R2C there is no really decent option, but feel free to buy anything you want :)

Imo buying cheaper headgears is very unwise, much worse than cheap gloves.

Last edited:
Based on credible sources get the fg 5000 man. I dont think u can find anything better. I asked blair what the next best headgear is and he said it was the fg2900 lol.

David goto my beaulieu review i have a video there showing the fighting sports facesaver its ridiculous

I would say its THE bulkiest headgear ive ever seen

Aight, I just thought the fighting sports might be a good place to start, prolly will just opt for the fg5k.

Shihtzu, any reason for the lack of love for the fighting sports headgear?

One word: JUNK

It's stiff, it's hard, it's made for someone that has a Frankenstein shaped head aka a box

Ringside may have something decent but again nothing that's going to beat the headgears listed.

cBXP4qu.jpg

Any opinions on this

The one in the picture is the old Everlast Safemax ... There is this new one ... Everlast C3 Safemax just recently launched .. I ordered it and waiting for the gear to arrive, which I expect to be any days now. I will let you know its a yes/no after I put some few rounds in it.

Cool I wouldn't hold ur breath though. Everlast hasn't put out a great product in many many years

If the decision isn't about $$$ then you just can't beat the fg5000. I had one for awhile and it was awesome. Wish I still had it. I just ordered some winnig knuckle guards as a test run, if they make it to china with no trouble I'll order an fg5000 in yellow/black to go with my Bruce lee theme....or solid pink....

Back